Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Future Shop

Vince Neil Motley Crue Guitar YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 18th, 2009 1:20 am
Tags:
None
Nov 29, 2008
5 posts
2 upvotes

[Future Shop] Vince Neil Motley Crue Guitar YMMV

I was in Futureshop yesterday and saw that the price on this guitar/amp combo was 79.99. It is normally 249.99. It's not the best instrument or amp ever but certainly worth $80. I haven't had time to see if it's $80 in other Futureshops but it might be worth it to check if you're interested.
24 replies
Mar 26, 2006
297 posts
12 upvotes
Markham
In all likelyhood this is an extremely poor instrument. If you're the kind of person who just wants to own an electric guitar but knows they're never going to play the sucker much, this is for you.
Dec 5, 2004
839 posts
29 upvotes
Is this the one ???

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/prodde ... atid=27248#

[IMG]http://www.futureshop.ca/multimedia/pro ... 109823.jpg[/IMG]
badkaraoke wrote: In all likelyhood this is an extremely poor instrument. If you're the kind of person who just wants to own an electric guitar but knows they're never going to play the sucker much, this is for you.
Well, it's still a low-end Washburn... & $80 is less than GH... ;)
Mar 26, 2006
297 posts
12 upvotes
Markham
psychoPat wrote: Is this the one ???

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/prodde ... atid=27248#

[IMG]http://www.futureshop.ca/multimedia/pro ... 109823.jpg[/IMG]

Well, it's still a low-end Washburn... & $80 is less than GH... ;)
Sure man, I've just seen so many shopping mall guitars that you couldn't even get to stay in tune. I've seen this, I've been playing for 30 years & it looks really junky. It's worth about 80 bucks though, sure. Just buy something better if you really need to play it.

Some people just buy guitars to hang on the wall though, in that case I say go for it.
Banned
Feb 10, 2009
388 posts
1 upvote
Which FS did you see this at?

Old Stockyards, Queensway and Weston Road all selling for $250
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2006
1435 posts
602 upvotes
JebateVrag wrote: Which FS did you see this at?

Old Stockyards, Queensway and Weston Road all selling for $250
You actually checked at the store or just looking online?
Banned
Feb 10, 2009
388 posts
1 upvote
I called the stores - this is a real YMMV
They all have no clearance guitar/amp combos
just save a few$ on open box

I wonder if this deal is even real.
Nov 29, 2008
5 posts
2 upvotes
I was at the store in Kingston when I saw that they were selling the combo for $79.99. I'm a music teacher and own several electric guitars but I would never take any of my good guitars to school with the kids around. I got this so I can have an electric guitar to beat around with. The fact that it came with a very small amp that I was looking at getting for lessons anyway was great for me. This is not a deal for an experienced player or someone looking for an amazing instrument and as I understand "YMMV" means that it may not available at all stores. Since there are no other store around here that I could check I thought I would share with anyone else who may be able to find a cheap guitar/amp combo.

The guitar holds it
Banned
Feb 10, 2009
388 posts
1 upvote
I called the store and found out it was a "Manager's Special".
They have one more left but it is defective.

This is a real YMMV at other locations.
Jul 17, 2007
672 posts
397 upvotes
In case this deal got some people interested in learning the guitar and you can't get this deal, you know YMMV, I would suggest getting an acoustic to learn on, i went from electric (sold it) to acoustic and then back to electric and my playing improved alot.

I would suggest spending about $300-$350 on your first acoustic. Look at the Seagull S6, or a solid top Yamaha.

You can get a cheap guitar but it will not encourage you to play. Get a seagull S6 and if you find out that guitaring is not for you you can sell it for about $50 less then you bought it for.

Peace
Banned
Feb 10, 2009
388 posts
1 upvote
I just picked one up at the Etobicoke Queensway location.

Salesman called Kingston and confirmed the managers special and said he had to give it to me for the price. He was quite surprised as the unit has a cost of $180 and so he sold it to me for $100 under cost.

Sweet! My GF gets an electric guitar for Valentines Day
Nov 28, 2005
921 posts
9 upvotes
Windsor
edifonzo wrote: In case this deal got some people interested in learning the guitar and you can't get this deal, you know YMMV, I would suggest getting an acoustic to learn on, i went from electric (sold it) to acoustic and then back to electric and my playing improved alot.

I would suggest spending about $300-$350 on your first acoustic. Look at the Seagull S6, or a solid top Yamaha.

You can get a cheap guitar but it will not encourage you to play. Get a seagull S6 and if you find out that guitaring is not for you you can sell it for about $50 less then you bought it for.

Peace

most music stores will rent a guitar for the exact same reason.
usually per month
May 14, 2007
32 posts
4 upvotes
North Vancouver
This Deal is dead. I just called acouple of stores in GVRD and they would not price match Kingston. Sheeesh :mad:
Mar 16, 2004
201 posts
8 upvotes
I thought Vince Neil was a vocalist, not a guitarist.
Dec 5, 2004
839 posts
29 upvotes
badkaraoke wrote: Some people just buy guitars to hang on the wall though, in that case I say go for it.
lol, that was my 1st idea ;) it does have a nice paint job :o
unfortunatly, none of the 4 FS i've called would let it go for $79.99... bummer...
Banned
Feb 10, 2009
388 posts
1 upvote
You have to go in store and tell them to call the Kingston store about the special.
It worked for me.
Dec 10, 2006
139 posts
I picked one up after Christmas here in Ottawa for $99.99 at the Merivale location. It took me three units before I got one that was ok. The first one's switch worked in only th etop 2 of 3 positions, the second one was the same issue just in a different position, finally the third was ok.

I picked another one up for my nephew and the string exploded on tuning. That said I think it is ok for $80 TO $100 amd the begiiner 5 watt amp does sound real clean for a cheapo but lacks any kind of bass whatsoever.

Definately a cheapo guitar but ok if you want a hacker and don't mind tightening switches and variable knobs etc. as they tend to be lose and poorly assembled. Does sound pretty good with a decent amp as well. I picked up a used Vox 15 for $60.00 and it made a world of difference in sound quality.
Feb 24, 2008
606 posts
16 upvotes
d-onion wrote: I thought Vince Neil was a vocalist, not a guitarist.
It's either this or the Tommy Lee guitar so...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)