[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
2633 posts
330 upvotes
Toronto

Vintage Game Boy Advance

Hi all,

I bought a GBA and a bunch of games back in 2002. It hasn't since been used since 2002, so they are mint.

I recently found them in the basement collecting dust. I also have all the boxes. I see people are still into GBA.

Is there a store that buys/sells this in Toronto? I don't want to value like seen on eBay, I just want decent value without much work.
4 replies
Jun 16, 2009
960 posts
852 upvotes
There are so many video game shops that buy retro consoles etc, even flea markets. Unfortunately the convenience means you won't get much unless it is some rare or special edition. Maybe bundle them on Kijiji at a decent price, hope someone likes what they see before the typical lowballers start busting yours.
c'mon get happy! :cheesygri
Jan 11, 2002
866 posts
295 upvotes
Midland
You can always take it to one of the shops in downtown Toronto for a value. Most places (AC Games, Game Centre,etc) as long as it works (all buttons work, it turns on etc) will give you a free quote.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8034 posts
1485 upvotes
Toronto
Selling it to a store is 100% guaranteed to give you the least value possible. However, the convenience of selling it all at once would heavily outweigh the effort of trying to sell it yourself, especially if you can't find a buyer willing to take everything together.

I'd try selling it on kijiji first, and if it doesn't move in a few months... then just sell it to a store such as A&C Games, Game Center, or Video Games Plus. No doubt that there are collectors for the GBA, but supply heavily outweighs the demand in this market unless you have factory sealed product.