[Virgin Mobile] $10/12 m/o bill credit

Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
1754 posts
908 upvotes
Etobicoke
Greasy wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 1:58 pm
Sounds to me like they were just trying to get rid of you. Before the discount, our bills were 55 and 45. That being said, we have been on Virgin for 7 and 2.5 years respectively.
I have 2 lines with them for last 6 years and paying $45 and 24.70. they refuse to give me discount on any of my line.
Dec 15, 2017
21 posts
3 upvotes
I had the $60 dollar 10GB planned. Called in and said I heard about a 10 dollar bill credit going around and asked if I was eligible.

The CSR looked and my account and said all the 4 lines are already loyalty but offered to give me a $10 a month discount on one line for 6 months.

I said better than nothing and took it.

Also, it maybe just me but whenever I dial 611 from my phone I feel like I always get connected with the same CSR. I’m beginning to recognize the voice and the accent of the lady I spoke to and it sounds to be the same every time I call. Anyone else experience this?
[OP]
Nov 9, 2014
545 posts
248 upvotes
Maple Ridge, BC
SaiyamSethi wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 3:16 pm
I had the $60 dollar 10GB planned. Called in and said I heard about a 10 dollar bill credit going around and asked if I was eligible.

The CSR looked and my account and said all the 4 lines are already loyalty but offered to give me a $10 a month discount on one line for 6 months.

I said better than nothing and took it.

Also, it maybe just me but whenever I dial 611 from my phone I feel like I always get connected with the same CSR. I’m beginning to recognize the voice and the accent of the lady I spoke to and it sounds to be the same every time I call. Anyone else experience this?
It’s different every time you call
Virgin Mobile $60 | 10GB | Unl. Canada Wide | Unlimited Text/Pic Msg | $10 Loy Bill credit | 10% off | $45.80

Don't forget to hit the THANKS button if I've helped. Have a Great Day!
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
1925 posts
536 upvotes
Ottawa
I finally called in with my Thunder Bay $50 - 6GB plan and received the twelve month relief of $10 bringing my cost down to $40 /month. Thanks OP
This lousy avatar courtesy of an anal admin who decided to delete a near ten year old existing avatar that did meet all of the site's requirements.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2013
4828 posts
1029 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
pauldryan wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 3:39 pm
I finally called in with my Thunder Bay $50 - 6GB plan and received the twelve month relief of $10 bringing my cost down to $40 /month. Thanks OP
Why you didn't ask for another plan? and renew your thundber bay plan. Does it gives you more savings when you buy your phone outright?

Freedom Mobile

Dec 9, 2001
117 posts
34 upvotes
No luck here. I have had the 6GB for $55 per month for over a year and they would not offer the $10 off per month!
Nov 16, 2012
6 posts
QUEBEC
I have the $50 6GB TB plan. Called in and was offered an extra 1GB (forever) and 60+tax bill credit, with zero hassle.
Aug 10, 2014
49 posts
5 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks OP... I had one from bell $35 200 mins talk&text. Transferred it to virgin $30 talk and text. Got $10 off discount for 12 month ...

Thanks a lot...
Nov 2, 2008
531 posts
237 upvotes
Just saw this thread today. Had to make a few calls...

Call #1 was to 611 number. The guy was super unhelpful after putting me on hold for a long time. Around half an hour on hold.
Call #2 was to the 1877 number posted previously. The first agent was not able to add the discount and offered to transfer me to another team. After 20 minutes on hold, call was unceremoniously dropped.
Call #3, redialed 1877. Agent did not deny the request and was working with his supervisor for a while to add the discount to my bill. In the end he came back saying it has been added to my account starting next bill. Hooray! I'm not seeing it on my account (both website and phone app) but hopefully it went through. Was on the phone for so long, forgot to ask for employee # or confirmation #.

Not happy with the inconsistencies though. Thanks OP!

Edit: forgot to mention I'm on one of the existing Gold plans. Just upgraded last Black Friday.
[OP]
Nov 9, 2014
545 posts
248 upvotes
Maple Ridge, BC
an0nymz wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 7:34 pm
Just saw this thread today. Had to make a few calls...

Call #1 was to 611 number. The guy was super unhelpful after putting me on hold for a long time. Around half an hour on hold.
Call #2 was to the 1877 number posted previously. The first agent was not able to add the discount and offered to transfer me to another team. After 20 minutes on hold, call was unceremoniously dropped.
Call #3, redialed 1877. Agent did not deny the request and was working with his supervisor for a while to add the discount to my bill. In the end he came back saying it has been added to my account starting next bill. Hooray! I'm not seeing it on my account (both website and phone app) but hopefully it went through. Was on the phone for so long, forgot to ask for employee # or confirmation #.

Not happy with the inconsistencies though. Thanks OP!

Edit: forgot to mention I'm on one of the existing Gold plans. Just upgraded last Black Friday.
Three calls gets the job done
Virgin Mobile $60 | 10GB | Unl. Canada Wide | Unlimited Text/Pic Msg | $10 Loy Bill credit | 10% off | $45.80

Don't forget to hit the THANKS button if I've helped. Have a Great Day!
Dec 25, 2017
9 posts
3 upvotes
Called thrice - once on 661 and twice 1-877-407-5232 (last two calls were 4 days apart). No success.
However in the last call the CSR mentioned a couple of things which I thought are worth sharing.

1) I didn't qualify for the loyalty offer (may be because I had one recently $20 off for 5 months :) ) however she said she would ask my name to be put in the list of customers whom they need to contact for any such future offers... that is the top 20%. Not sure if it was just make me feel better or if they have something like that.

2) Virgin customer service team has asked for the 10GB/unlimited mins/$60 offer to be re-introduced as they are getting lot of calls for the same and apparently some of their competitors are still offering (Freedom, I am aware). They are hoping a decision on the same soon. If that happens they will be able to offer again. Again.. no guarantees on the same.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2012
2656 posts
550 upvotes
Toronto
Called in again for like the 4th time, got $10 off my $55 8gb plan.

I now supposedly have 10% and 10$ off stacked.

Thanks OP
Dec 25, 2017
9 posts
3 upvotes
ankschau wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 8:33 pm
Called thrice - once on 661 and twice 1-877-407-5232 (last two calls were 4 days apart). No success.
However in the last call the CSR mentioned a couple of things which I thought are worth sharing.

1) I didn't qualify for the loyalty offer (may be because I had one recently $20 off for 5 months :) ) however she said she would ask my name to be put in the list of customers whom they need to contact for any such future offers... that is the top 20%. Not sure if it was just make me feel better or if they have something like that.

2) Virgin customer service team has asked for the 10GB/unlimited mins/$60 offer to be re-introduced as they are getting lot of calls for the same and apparently some of their competitors are still offering (Freedom, I am aware). They are hoping a decision on the same soon. If that happens they will be able to offer again. Again.. no guarantees on the same.
Further to my post above. Got a call back from Customer retention. I had $60/4GB/1000 minutes now haggled a bit to get $10 off on $65 plan which is 3GB/Unlimited minutes (this is available with Koodo as well) plus 1 GB bonus for 12 months. Will try for a better deal if I get within a year.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
1925 posts
536 upvotes
Ottawa
d1ulove3 wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 3:48 pm
Why you didn't ask for another plan? and renew your thundber bay plan. Does it gives you more savings when you buy your phone outright?
Why would I want two plans for the one phone?

The S8 cost me $504 less $200 gift cards at TMS and is replacing a Note 4 that cost me $200 when I purchased it on Kijiji a couple of years ago and will probably dump quickly on Kijiji for $175. That roughly nets me (more or less) $504 - $200 - $175 = $130 for a brand new S8 on a 6GB all-in service @$40 per month. Moreover, I can jump to any better deal that may arise in the future without having to pay off some over-priced offering from the carrier. I'd be crazy to look for another plan.

Are you running a business that you need your four lines?
This lousy avatar courtesy of an anal admin who decided to delete a near ten year old existing avatar that did meet all of the site's requirements.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
1754 posts
908 upvotes
Etobicoke
pauldryan wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 9:51 am
Why would I want two plans for the one phone?

The S8 cost me $504 less $200 gift cards at TMS and is replacing a Note 4 that cost me $200 when I purchased it on Kijiji a couple of years ago and will probably dump quickly on Kijiji for $175. That roughly nets me (more or less) $504 - $200 - $175 = $130 for a brand new S8 on a 6GB all-in service @$40 per month. Moreover, I can jump to any better deal that may arise in the future without having to pay off some over-priced offering from the carrier. I'd be crazy to look for another plan.

Are you running a business that you need your four lines?
How did younget $200 giftcard at TMS. I thought its been always $100