[Virgin Mobile] $10/12 m/o bill credit

[OP]
Nov 9, 2014
558 posts
249 upvotes
Maple Ridge, BC
dmagic wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 12:18 am
Thanks op. But I tried twice and still wasn't given any discounts. I was told my plan is out of market and to get the discount I would have to change my plan. Told him a friend of mines was able to get this with similar plan and he responded with its a case by case bases. After spending over half hour the third time I just gave up. I hate the inconsistencies with being offered loyalty discounts, having to keep calling hoping to get a crs to give it to you. Guess some get lucky some don't. Have the Tbay plan and been with them for 5 years. Great for ppl that got it.
Did you call the 877 # or 611?
Virgin Mobile $60 | 10GB | Unl. Canada Wide | Unlimited Text/Pic Msg | $10 Loy Bill credit | 10% off | $45.80

Don't forget to hit the THANKS button if I've helped. Have a Great Day!
Sep 20, 2015
112 posts
21 upvotes
Brantford, ON
PhonesGuy wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 2:32 am
Did you call the 877 # or 611?
I tried both numbers.
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2017
1791 posts
1233 upvotes
It is these types of inconsistencies that motivate people to switch carriers. Bad business decisions by Virgin.
Aug 11, 2004
124 posts
59 upvotes
Oakville
dmagic wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 12:18 am
Thanks op. But I tried twice and still wasn't given any discounts. I was told my plan is out of market and to get the discount I would have to change my plan. Told him a friend of mines was able to get this with similar plan and he responded with its a case by case bases. After spending over half hour the third time I just gave up. I hate the inconsistencies with being offered loyalty discounts, having to keep calling hoping to get a crs to give it to you. Guess some get lucky some don't. Have the Tbay plan and been with them for 5 years. Great for ppl that got it.
I had the exact same experience. Cancelled both lines.. waiting for retentions to call me.
Jan 7, 2018
3 posts
3 upvotes
I just called them and got a surprisingly great deal! The rep was really generous.

I only called into unlock my phone and get $20 credit since their 2 for 1 movie tickets weren't working on my date night with the wife.

Specs called in with:
- Customer since Jun 2017
- BYOP $65/M Plan
> Unlimited calling
> Unlimited Text
> 1 + 2GB Data (3 GB total)

Deal given:
- Brand new iPhone 6
- 2 year contract
- $50 Bill credit (This was to take care of the $24 upgrade fee, he was generous and gave me more)
- 12 month $10 plan reduction (Plan reduced from $65 to $55)
> Unlimited calling reduced to 500 minutes (Unlimited after 6pm)
> Keep the 3gb data

All of this in total is pretty good for a 2 year contract. I also asked if I could get the 2gb for $5 deal addon but he said you have to be with Virgin for 1 year to qualify. In June he said that I can add it to my account no problem.

So that's pretty good...

In Jun I'll have 5gb 4G LTE data, 500 anytime minutes, unlimited after 6, and unlimited text for $60/m then next year in Jan 2018 it'll go up to $70/m. And a new phone :D

EDIT: I live in Vancouver.... RFD keeps glitching and changing my location back to Toronto for some reason. :@
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2013
4883 posts
1050 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
CoreySB wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 4:44 pm
I just called them and got a surprisingly great deal! The rep was really generous.

I only called into unlock my phone and get $20 credit since their 2 for 1 movie tickets weren't working on my date night with the wife.

Specs called in with:
- Customer since Jun 2017
- BYOP $65/M Plan
> Unlimited calling
> Unlimited Text
> 1 + 2GB Data (3 GB total)

Deal given:
- Brand new iPhone 6
- 2 year contract
- $50 Bill credit (This was to take care of the $24 upgrade fee, he was generous and gave me more)
- 12 month $10 plan reduction (Plan reduced from $65 to $55)
> Unlimited calling reduced to 500 minutes (Unlimited after 6pm)
> Keep the 3gb data

All of this in total is pretty good for a 2 year contract. I also asked if I could get the 2gb for $5 deal addon but he said you have to be with Virgin for 1 year to qualify. In June he said that I can add it to my account no problem.

So that's pretty good...

In Jun I'll have 5gb 4G LTE data, 500 anytime minutes, unlimited after 6, and unlimited text for $60/m then next year in Jan 2018 it'll go up to $70/m. And a new phone :D

EDIT: I live in Vancouver.... RFD keeps glitching and changing my location back to Toronto for some reason. :@
I think the 2gb add-on is $7 now.

Freedom Mobile

[OP]
Nov 9, 2014
558 posts
249 upvotes
Maple Ridge, BC
Just a friendly reminder that this deal is ending tonight at 9 PM PST! YOURE WELCOME XO
Virgin Mobile $60 | 10GB | Unl. Canada Wide | Unlimited Text/Pic Msg | $10 Loy Bill credit | 10% off | $45.80

Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
1496 posts
381 upvotes
Toronto
I have a Virgin Internet account only, no mobile. Called them just to try my luck. Agent confirmed that the $10 discount is not applicable for my internet plan however offered a one time goodwill gesture of $10 off my next month. I asked if there was any other promotion available that I could take advantage of and he put me on hold. When he came back he told me he spoke to his supervisor and that no additional promotion was available but that he would be happy to credit me for 1 month of service as a goodwill gesture.

So... I guess there's never a harm in asking. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
[OP]
Nov 9, 2014
558 posts
249 upvotes
Maple Ridge, BC
This deal has now ended, but keep checking the Hot Deals section as I’ll be posting more HOT offers! Fire

Jan 22, 2003
216 posts
127 upvotes
Welp... my next month came and the credit isn't on there. Guess it's time to call back.
Nov 24, 2015
319 posts
180 upvotes
Durham Region
Needs with virgin several years. Quick call yesterday. Asked about $10 deal but was offered extra gig of data, asked again how to get $10 deal and rep came back saying that I get the extra gig plus $10 off for 12 months. Super easy, hope it shows up in next bill
Aug 11, 2004
124 posts
59 upvotes
Oakville
skarycat wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 9:30 am
I had the exact same experience. Cancelled both lines.. waiting for retentions to call me.
Retentions called, they offered me $50/month for 4GB, unlimited minutes plus 10% off my second line. Took it until something better comes along.
Dec 11, 2015
12 posts
3 upvotes
Prince george
Any success in bc? I called 2 csr they said it is not a promo for existing cstm. I told them I have seen screen shots saying that existing customers did recieve the promo. I was transferred to loyalty and they denied anybody recieved the promo. I wish I had switched to that 60$ deal over boxing day. My monthly is 100$ :/ will impact my decision to stay with virgin as the market is becoming more competitive.
[OP]
Nov 9, 2014
558 posts
249 upvotes
Maple Ridge, BC
helraiser wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 6:38 am
Welp... my next month came and the credit isn't on there. Guess it's time to call back.
Did you get a chance to call back and get them to add the credit? They may not be able to as it’s not in their system anymore

[OP]
Nov 9, 2014
558 posts
249 upvotes
Maple Ridge, BC
User106820 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 12:37 pm
Any success in bc? I called 2 csr they said it is not a promo for existing cstm. I told them I have seen screen shots saying that existing customers did recieve the promo. I was transferred to loyalty and they denied anybody recieved the promo. I wish I had switched to that 60$ deal over boxing day. My monthly is 100$ :/ will impact my decision to stay with virgin as the market is becoming more competitive.
This deal is not available anymore, but keep checking Hot Deals as there will be more :) XO

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)