Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile

10GB/$55 Monthly. Today Only!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2018 4:19 am
Dec 14, 2017
5 posts
3 upvotes
Oakville

[Virgin Mobile] 10GB/$55 Monthly. Today Only!

I went to the Virgin Mobile booth in the Toronto Eaton Centre and they're offering this deal. It's only valid for today. They're doing it to compete with the Koodo 10GB/$60 month plan.

Here are the details:
10GB/month for $55 for the first 12 months, after that it's $65.
Unlimited anytime minutes
Canada-Wide Calling Included
Unlimited Worldwide Texts from Canada
myPeeps (i don't know what this is)
Call Display
Call Waiting & 3-way Calling
No contract.
19 replies
Nov 12, 2016
291 posts
324 upvotes
Weird it's valid only for today since Koodo goes for a few days. I think Koodo is a better option unless you're planning on switching after 12 months.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2014
1637 posts
852 upvotes
Toronto, ON, CA
Can you call in or is it in-store only?
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
17117 posts
3872 upvotes
GTA
who has roam like home capability?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2012
5092 posts
5534 upvotes
Toronto
its 3 + 7gb, not base 10gb, meaning they could expire the 7gb, according to the other virgin thread on this
Nov 9, 2016
306 posts
104 upvotes
Your right. I've been on customer service for the last 30 mins. its amazing that they cant fully explain this offer to me on the phone. I was constantly put on hold.

So yes it is 3 gb + 7gb. and then after the 1 year mark the 7gbs comes off and the price is $65. Not not as good as I thought
Dec 14, 2017
5 posts
3 upvotes
Oakville
If that's the case, then I'm going to cancel my Virgin plan and switch to Koodo.
Jan 25, 2011
136 posts
27 upvotes
Since this is no contract, you'd be free to cancel after the 7 GB bonus expires in 12 months, correct?
Dec 14, 2017
5 posts
3 upvotes
Oakville
Yes. But my concern is that after 12 months I'll miss out on the Koodo $60, 10GB/month plan. The 10GB in that plan don't expire.
Dec 27, 2016
120 posts
144 upvotes
I'm so sad to see all these awesome 10gb deals but nothing for my province (Ontario) and provider (Rogers)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2012
5092 posts
5534 upvotes
Toronto
Cloudnyne wrote: I'm so sad to see all these awesome 10gb deals but nothing for my province (Ontario) and provider (Rogers)
no big carrier is offering these plans, only their sister companies. and koodo is doing 60 for 10 gb in ontario. why do you have to be on rogers?
Deal Addict
May 12, 2004
3058 posts
488 upvotes
Mississauga
dracolnyte wrote: no big carrier is offering these plans, only their sister companies. and koodo is doing 60 for 10 gb in ontario. why do you have to be on rogers?
Telus and Bell are offering it in Ontario starting tomorrow . Bell was $65 though. Spoke to the rep at eaton centre
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10950 posts
3262 upvotes
therealbry wrote: Your right. I've been on customer service for the last 30 mins. its amazing that they cant fully explain this offer to me on the phone. I was constantly put on hold.

So yes it is 3 gb + 7gb. and then after the 1 year mark the 7gbs comes off and the price is $65. Not not as good as I thought
So in 1 year it’s a $65/3GB plan? That’s horrible. Why would anyone sign up for this?
Dec 14, 2017
5 posts
3 upvotes
Oakville
I went back to the Virgin Mobile Kiosk in the Eaton Centre and the guy assured me that the Bonus 7 GB would not disappear after 12 months. I'm going to take his word for it.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
3797 posts
4012 upvotes
Toronto
bikram1738 wrote: I went back to the Virgin Mobile Kiosk in the Eaton Centre and the guy assured me that the Bonus 7 GB would not disappear after 12 months. I'm going to take his word for it.
HAHAHAHAHAHA
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10950 posts
3262 upvotes
bikram1738 wrote: I went back to the Virgin Mobile Kiosk in the Eaton Centre and the guy assured me that the Bonus 7 GB would not disappear after 12 months. I'm going to take his word for it.
Why?
Jan 1, 2015
31 posts
20 upvotes
Winkler, MB
I called them over the phone (611) and the rep said that I am eligible for it ($60/10 GB plan) and so I switched. Was supposed to be in effect starting yesterday (Jan 2nd, 2018) but when I called them, they said that their rep didn't activate this offer for me and now it's too late as they can't key in the promo anymore since its expired. Do any of your RFDers have any advice for me? Is it illegal for them to not keep their end of this as this is a verbal contract (possibly) or is there any other recourse for me?
Jan 26, 2012
116 posts
82 upvotes
NORTH YORK
badhacker wrote: I called them over the phone (611) and the rep said that I am eligible for it ($60/10 GB plan) and so I switched. Was supposed to be in effect starting yesterday (Jan 2nd, 2018) but when I called them, they said that their rep didn't activate this offer for me and now it's too late as they can't key in the promo anymore since its expired. Do any of your RFDers have any advice for me? Is it illegal for them to not keep their end of this as this is a verbal contract (possibly) or is there any other recourse for me?
Do you have any evidence of the first phone call or the rep who switched your plan? If so maybe you can take it to the CRTC.
Nov 9, 2014
576 posts
261 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
badhacker wrote: I called them over the phone (611) and the rep said that I am eligible for it ($60/10 GB plan) and so I switched. Was supposed to be in effect starting yesterday (Jan 2nd, 2018) but when I called them, they said that their rep didn't activate this offer for me and now it's too late as they can't key in the promo anymore since its expired. Do any of your RFDers have any advice for me? Is it illegal for them to not keep their end of this as this is a verbal contract (possibly) or is there any other recourse for me?
ALWAYS check your Virgin My Account after talking to a rep on the phone, or while you are talking to them. This ensures everything is done the way it is supposed to be.
Virgin Mobile $75 | 10GB Unl.| Unl. Canada Wide | Unlimited Text/Pic Msg | 75.00

Don't forget to hit the THANKS button if I've helped. Have a Great Day!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)