Hot Deals

[Virgin Mobile] $40/6GB Plan for Lucky Mobile and Prepaid Virgin Mobile customers

[OP]
Jan 13, 2009
296 posts
146 upvotes
Concrete Jungle

[Virgin Mobile] $40/6GB Plan for Lucky Mobile and Prepaid Virgin Mobile customers

This promo starts February 8th, 2019. Only eligible customers that have been Lucky mobile or Virgin mobile prepaid for at least a month will offered this deal. Applies to "all regions" YMMV.

- $40/6GB
- Unlimited Canada wide minutes
- Unlimited text/picture messaging (US + CAN)
- Unlimited international text from Canada
- VM/CID
- BYOP

Expires on - Until further notice. I will say, the deal is hot but Virgin customer service is sub par, beware!
Images
  • 12.jpg
  • unnamed.jpg
Koodo $40 - 8gb / Zoomer $36 - 4gb
125 replies
Dec 1, 2018
121 posts
136 upvotes
Thanks op I’m going to get this plan in ontario

$40 for 6gb sounds like the perfect amount of data
Nov 23, 2018
232 posts
195 upvotes
So I guess Koodo's migration plan is in the works.
Koodo might release one just to compete, I hope. I have been on Public Mobile for way too long and have been waiting patiently for Koodo migration plans.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
24772 posts
2778 upvotes
Hamilton
BRKAMZN wrote:
Feb 8th, 2019 9:08 am
Koodo might release one just to compete, I hope. I have been on Public Mobile for way too long and have been waiting patiently for Koodo migration plans.
Let’s hope so
$35/5GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Feb 22, 2013
329 posts
140 upvotes
BRKAMZN wrote:
Feb 8th, 2019 9:08 am
Let's see but Virgin isn't going after any of Telus' business lines.
Nov 23, 2018
232 posts
195 upvotes
hvwozq wrote:
Feb 8th, 2019 9:11 am
I have hundreds of Virgin Mobile prepaid accounts activated more than a month ago. Should I sell them? Face With Tears Of Joy
Good idea.
Feb 22, 2013
329 posts
140 upvotes
How will they determine if you've been with Lucky mobile for at least 30 daya?
Mar 14, 2017
164 posts
118 upvotes
Victoria, BC
sparkaction wrote:
Feb 8th, 2019 9:31 am
How will they determine if you've been with Lucky mobile for at least 30 daya?
Lucky and Virgin are both subsidiaries of Bell. They'll probably be able to look up your account details. Same way Koodo can determine which Public numbers have been eligible for migration deals in the past.
ValiantSpacemanSpiff
Interplanetary Explorer Extraordinaire
Aug 1, 2012
659 posts
70 upvotes
Cambridge
OP, do you know what's going to happen to the 4GB for $40 plan currently being offered to Virgin prepaid numbers? At this time I do see the msg for 4GB plan when I login to my prepaid account.

Also, is the account being at least 1 month old a technical requirement or will it depend on the rep?
May 13, 2011
56 posts
8 upvotes
Scarborough
Does anyone know if current prepaid Virgin Mobile customers can carry over their existing prepaid balance to pay for this plan?
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
1324 posts
110 upvotes
I'm with Virgin $45 6 gb right now can i switch to this $40 6gb?
[OP]
Jan 13, 2009
296 posts
146 upvotes
Concrete Jungle
jansh84 wrote:
Feb 8th, 2019 10:08 am
OP, do you know what's going to happen to the 4GB for $40 plan currently being offered to Virgin prepaid numbers? At this time I do see the msg for 4GB plan when I login to my prepaid account.

Also, is the account being at least 1 month old a technical requirement or will it depend on the rep?
I've read that people have been successful with getting the $40/4gb plan within days of activating the prepaid sim.
I didn't have any luck even though it shows up on my account and tried to escalate it to a manager but they said they were "on a call" and would call me back. Never heard back.

Went into a store but it wasn't showing up on their system so I logged into my account to show the promo message. His assumption was that it had to be 30 days?
I am assuming if you're than 30 days, YMMV.
Koodo $40 - 8gb / Zoomer $36 - 4gb