Hot Deals

[Virgin Mobile] $40/6gb + unl talk&text OR $45/6gb + unl talk&text AND silver tab *migration offer*

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2019 9:13 pm
Aug 26, 2019
11 posts
2 upvotes
Yvr
tiaaaaaaaaa wrote:
Sep 13th, 2019 1:37 pm
Yes, it's also listed on their website. Confirm bestbuy Wilson Ave in North York
Hi tiaaaaaaaaa
Will best buy do it without the 30 day wait?
Or does the lucky number have to be active for 30 days?
Aug 17, 2018
421 posts
263 upvotes
@Vinnchase
Probably YMMV just ask and tell them story and see if they can pull it up. I find virgin kiosks know the offers but they just flat out reject if you are trying to pass the 30day period. Never was a lucky customer just got a good rep over the phone with virgin who was playing around with my account.
Sep 5, 2012
577 posts
207 upvotes
Toronto
tiaaaaaaaaa wrote:
Sep 15th, 2019 9:04 am
I bought a virgin sim card and activated it online. I didn't need to top up the prepaid account. When i logged into my online account the migration offer popped up on my screen instantly. You can order the virgin sim on ebay for $0.99 or $4 at dollarama. Walmart and Best Buy has gift cards for new activations. (Higher giftcards on weekends of course) YMMV but it doesn't hurt to try.
Same offer on my account webpage (5 days new with top up) but was unable to redeem it at TMS (no offers were showing up on TMS screen). Called VM who indicated that the offer does not show up in their system and indicated to give it time to populate the offers into their system. Appears that there are different systems involved in this process.

Maybe someone else who tries will have better luck. In my case it was a fustrating experience.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2009
5667 posts
1547 upvotes
Scarborough
Question about the Silver plan $45. It looks like you're locked into a 2 year contract, but you get a discounted phone. After the 2 year commitment is up, are you still stuck paying $45 (assuming you can't go on the $40 plan if it's available). Can you do a hardware upgrade to get a new phone, essentially signing another 2 year contract with the same terms?
May 29, 2008
114 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
Around the end of Aug, I went to walmart to activate a lucky mobile sim. Got it for free and no activation fee. I signed up for a $15/month plan. I tried calling virgin reps and virgin chat for a few days after the activation to see if I can get $40/6gb. no luck. a week went by and I dropped by a chinese mall in markham that has a virgin mobile store. The rep offered to helped me check daily for the offer. I left my number and the rep texted me daily. Surprisingly, the offer showed up around early Sept. The offer took 2.5 weeks to show up in my account after activating lucky mobile. after 2 days, i ported my number from Bell. I asked the rep who was porting me if there was a charge. he says normally there is a $35 charge, but he will waive it and put it in a form of credit on my next bill.
[OP]
Nov 13, 2013
833 posts
1543 upvotes
Kingston, ON
SkimGuy wrote:
Sep 15th, 2019 3:49 pm
Question about the Silver plan $45. It looks like you're locked into a 2 year contract, but you get a discounted phone. After the 2 year commitment is up, are you still stuck paying $45 (assuming you can't go on the $40 plan if it's available). Can you do a hardware upgrade to get a new phone, essentially signing another 2 year contract with the same terms?
thats a good question. i think the ansswer is YES you can get another silver tab level phone in 24 months IF**** the plan is still available. But I doubt it will be and I may even be wrong about being able to get another upgrade 24 months from now on the same plan. I think you're locked in at 45/6gb forever unless you change it. @NavieM any feedback on this?
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2540 posts
2953 upvotes
ips1177 wrote: thats a good question. i think the ansswer is YES you can get another silver tab level phone in 24 months IF**** the plan is still available. But I doubt it will be and I may even be wrong about being able to get another upgrade 24 months from now on the same plan. I think you're locked in at 45/6gb forever unless you change it. @NavieM any feedback on this?
I tried to upgrade the $15 and $45 plans in the system (by paying off the device balance) but on the rate plan page during the upgrade process, it says “please choose new rate plan to continue”

So as far as I know, you can’t keep the plan.
Maybe loyalty has a way to get the plan back after upgrading though
Koodo, Fido, Telus, Public Mobile, Virgin customer.
Oct 1, 2017
80 posts
7 upvotes
tiaaaaaaaaa wrote:
Sep 15th, 2019 9:04 am
I bought a virgin sim card and activated it online. I didn't need to top up the prepaid account. When i logged into my online account the migration offer popped up on my screen instantly. You can order the virgin sim on ebay for $0.99 or $4 at dollarama. Walmart and Best Buy has gift cards for new activations. (Higher giftcards on weekends of course) YMMV but it doesn't hurt to try.
Hi! its better to buy virgin sims and wait for 2-3 days and go to bestbuy kiosk?
Aug 21, 2011
842 posts
476 upvotes
Whitby
Is the lucky to Virgin migration offer over and done?
Koodo Mobile | Stack | Lyft | Instagram
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
1687 posts
1674 upvotes
I Did a HUP on Labour Day and was given an A20 and
300,000 PC Points and was able to retain the $45 plan
NavieM wrote:
Sep 15th, 2019 6:32 pm
I tried to upgrade the $15 and $45 plans in the system (by paying off the device balance) but on the rate plan page during the upgrade process, it says “please choose new rate plan to continue”

So as far as I know, you can’t keep the plan.
Maybe loyalty has a way to get the plan back after upgrading though
[OP]
Nov 13, 2013
833 posts
1543 upvotes
Kingston, ON
gamer602 wrote:
Sep 15th, 2019 8:12 pm
I Did a HUP on Labour Day and was given an A20 and
300,000 PC Points and was able to retain the $45 plan
well maybe thats because the 45/6gb silver plan is still active but we are wondering if 2 years from now will we be able to do upgrade and keep same plan....because if so, this deal is super hot. Even still not bad to be paying 45/6gb with no tab
Jul 24, 2019
20 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
Went yesterday to Best Buy Wilson and Dufferin, they had no idea what I was taking about , no such offer, then another worker came and said they don’t offer this promotion anymore. went to Walmart Lawrence and Keele
Same thing.
Will call virgin tomorrow and ask if promo still ongoing
[OP]
Nov 13, 2013
833 posts
1543 upvotes
Kingston, ON
TimurT488 wrote:
Sep 15th, 2019 8:23 pm
Went yesterday to Best Buy Wilson and Dufferin, they had no idea what I was taking about , no such offer, then another worker came and said they don’t offer this promotion anymore. went to Walmart Lawrence and Keele
Same thing.
Will call virgin tomorrow and ask if promo still ongoing
ok so DON"T go to bestbuy. Even walmarts and mobile shop locations are hit or miss. not every employee knows of these promo migrations so just keep going until you hit a store where the employee knows about them, Furthermore, the Lucky account usually populates the migration plans after about 35 days.....the virgin prepaid 90 days....so Lucky is quicker.
Aug 17, 2018
421 posts
263 upvotes
ips1177 wrote:
Sep 15th, 2019 8:15 pm
well maybe thats because the 45/6gb silver plan is still active but we are wondering if 2 years from now will we be able to do upgrade and keep same plan....because if so, this deal is super hot. Even still not bad to be paying 45/6gb with no tab
When we hit the 2 year mark we will see. I'm guessing the plans would be cheaper.

Also isn't it after our 2 year term is up, the monthly price is suppose to be lower because we finished paying off our devices if we don't do a HUP? e.g monthly rate - monthly decrease of device balance = new rate
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
1687 posts
1674 upvotes
You should refer to the post I quoted

Navie was unable to HUP on the $45 plan
ips1177 wrote:
Sep 15th, 2019 8:15 pm

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

ash137, steez