Hot Deals

[Virgin Mobile] $40/6gb + unl talk&text OR $45/6gb + unl talk&text AND silver tab *migration offer*

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2019 3:35 pm
Apr 7, 2007
534 posts
303 upvotes
Toronto
I literally went on Sept 6 and they were gone, that’s even after have previous receiving a text message offering migration to Virgin and Bell.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2540 posts
2953 upvotes
CheapBucket wrote:
Sep 9th, 2019 9:04 pm
hey Navie, is this an issue where you have to maintain the Lucky account active (paid up) and not let it lapse? Will the migration offer not be offered or lost If you let the Lucky or Virgin prepaid account lapse after having been active for the first 30 or so days?
As long as the number is active on Lucky's end, the migration plans should show up
So you only need to top up once every 180 days. After that, the number expires
Some of the numbers I migrated hadn't been topped up for 2-3 months
Koodo, Fido, Telus, Public Mobile, Virgin customer.
Dec 18, 2017
676 posts
1202 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
NavieM wrote:
Sep 9th, 2019 7:10 pm
Hm weird
I have 4 sim cards, all a few months old, that had migration offers till last week
Someone posted on one of the migration threads that Virgin stopped offering the plans so I checked my 4 numbers and none of the plans were listed anymore for any number
Hey @NavieM, that was me. I went into the store last Friday and the migration plans had all disappeared. I was specifically eyeing the $25/month unlimited Regional Indicator Symbol Letters Ca talk/text Silver plan - apparently I was 1 day late...again! Not to mention the $15 200 minute plan that you listed in early-2019, that vanished about 2 months ago. These plans have yet to resurface. I'm still holding on to my Lucky SIM cards just in case they do re-appear.

Maybe OP is seeing the other more expensive migration plans that they've listed in the title, but those cheaper ones that you and I had been chasing are certainly MIA.
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
Aug 30, 2019
153 posts
45 upvotes
Should I go get lucky mobile sim today ? And wait 35 days ? I am with koodo right now.
walmart is new amazon
[OP]
Nov 13, 2013
830 posts
1534 upvotes
Kingston, ON
brampton90 wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 7:45 am
Should I go get lucky mobile sim today ? And wait 35 days ? I am with koodo right now.
why not, all u have to lose is about $20
[OP]
Nov 13, 2013
830 posts
1534 upvotes
Kingston, ON
vancityguy0 wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 1:56 am
Hey @NavieM, that was me. I went into the store last Friday and the migration plans had all disappeared. I was specifically eyeing the $25/month unlimited Regional Indicator Symbol Letters Ca talk/text Silver plan - apparently I was 1 day late...again! Not to mention the $15 200 minute plan that you listed in early-2019, that vanished about 2 months ago. These plans have yet to resurface. I'm still holding on to my Lucky SIM cards just in case they do re-appear.

Maybe OP is seeing the other more expensive migration plans that they've listed in the title, but those cheaper ones that you and I had been chasing are certainly MIA.
it seems to vary from store to store about getting these migrations plans. I suppose if you have trouble at walmart or mobile shop contact virgin customer service once the 35 days has elapsed and see if you can at least get the plan via them. I know that when I got my virgin prepaid and logged into my online account that same day the 45/6gb silver offer did appear (with j3 phone specifically)
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1641 posts
492 upvotes
Tonnic wrote:
Sep 9th, 2019 7:41 pm
Is this only available through lucky mobile? Can I not do this with other companies (ie Koodo)?
Would like to know that too..

I'm also one of the potential migrants from the sultanate Koodostan,
where our people are being severely opressed
after the Great August 25 Massacre.
Apr 6, 2019
4 posts
3 upvotes
If I'm with Koodo right now, but don't want to lose my current number, is there a way to port my current Koodo number to virgin mobile after the lucky migration has taken place?
Aug 30, 2019
153 posts
45 upvotes
ips1177 wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 7:51 am
why not, all u have to lose is about $20
my only problem is that i got xr on tab after aug 25 from koodo. will have to see if i can opt out.
walmart is new amazon
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1641 posts
492 upvotes
brampton90 wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 8:06 am
my only problem is that i got xr on tab after aug 25 from koodo. will have to see if i can opt out.
Then you are doomed my poor wireless compatriot. If youvwere to betray Him,
our ruthless sultan of Koodo will unleash all his wrath on you, in the form of phone subsidy + tab = $1xxx!
Aug 30, 2019
153 posts
45 upvotes
Tichi wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 8:19 am
Then you are doomed my poor wireless compatriot. If youvwere to betray Him,
our ruthless sultan of Koodo will unleash all his wrath on you, in the form of phone subsidy + tab = $1xxx!
lol. i am still under 15 day warranty period tho ;)
walmart is new amazon
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1030 posts
413 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote:
Sep 9th, 2019 7:05 pm
i saw it at my local virgin store. Apparently, they have some old numbers available but I need to pay $35 for it.
I am still deciding if I should switch 2 of my numbers to $30 2gb plan and $50 8GB plan with free iphone 8.

Pay $35 and get everything on the same day
or
Pay $4 sim + $15 plan + wait 35 days.
Total : $19 + wait 35 days.

$35-$19 = $16 extra without waiting
What do you mean they had "old numbers available". Would they be eligible to migrate that day? Doesnt make sense to me.
Bell Loyalty (or unloyalty) could only offer me a plan that was MORE than my pretty bad current plan $55/2GB Boyd ... 15 year customer... bye Bell. Hello Koodo and public mobile
Dec 3, 2006
320 posts
80 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote:
Sep 9th, 2019 7:05 pm
i saw it at my local virgin store. Apparently, they have some old numbers available but I need to pay $35 for it.
I am still deciding if I should switch 2 of my numbers to $30 2gb plan and $50 8GB plan with free iphone 8.

Pay $35 and get everything on the same day
or
Pay $4 sim + $15 plan + wait 35 days.
Total : $19 + wait 35 days.

$35-$19 = $16 extra without waiting

I'm pretty sure the $50/8gb is BYOD Bell/Virgin Migration, got the same offer but opted for the $55/6gb instead because of $0 on iPhone Xr or Huawei Mate 20 Pro with Bell. Picked the Huawei Mate 20 Pro and got 2 free Smartwatches, one in store and other one got sent to me by Huawei by just providing my invoice.
My Bell Retention Plan: Using a HTC Raider 4G LTE
200 + 100 Bonus Daytime Minutes, Nat Fab10, 100 Minutes CDN LD, Unlimited Incoming Calls, 6pm Unlimited Evenings & Weekends, Unlimited Outgoing Text, Unlimited Incoming Text, Unlimited Picture & Video Messaging, 6GB LTE Data, Unlimited Social Messaging, VoiceMail and Caller ID
After Fees & Taxes is $71.20 Monthly
Dec 10, 2010
144 posts
42 upvotes
vr_nguyen wrote:
Sep 9th, 2019 7:41 pm
How can I port over my number using this method?
Interested in this question as well.
Dec 3, 2006
320 posts
80 upvotes
brampton90 wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 8:06 am
They will let you opt out if you're still on your 15days buyer's remorse period, you return everything you got including freebies and they will refund whatever you paid for.

If you're pass your buyer's remorse period, you can still opt out, you keep the Xr and freebies but you need to pay the full unsubsidized price amount of the Xr plus Tax.
My Bell Retention Plan: Using a HTC Raider 4G LTE
200 + 100 Bonus Daytime Minutes, Nat Fab10, 100 Minutes CDN LD, Unlimited Incoming Calls, 6pm Unlimited Evenings & Weekends, Unlimited Outgoing Text, Unlimited Incoming Text, Unlimited Picture & Video Messaging, 6GB LTE Data, Unlimited Social Messaging, VoiceMail and Caller ID
After Fees & Taxes is $71.20 Monthly

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 3 guests)

Hawk25, kaaaren