Ongoing Deal Discussion

Virgin Mobile

$40/6gb + unl talk&text OR $45/6gb + unl talk&text + silver tab INCLUDED *migration offer* and more!!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2022 8:14 pm
Nov 23, 2014
445 posts
229 upvotes
Surrey, BC
So I can pay $15 up front

Wait 35 days

And then get an S9 for $120 on a Silver Plan? All while paying $45 for 6GB?

Am I missing something?
Mar 22, 2006
218 posts
132 upvotes
kanucks25 wrote: So I can pay $15 up front

Wait 35 days

Am I missing something?
Same question. Would like to know the same.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2013
1009 posts
1753 upvotes
Kingston, ON
kanucks25 wrote: So I can pay $15 up front

Wait 35 days

Am I missing something?
yes you are missing something, possible gift cards from Walmart or The Mobile Shop to boot. The $120 would be the upfront cost of the s9 because it is on a Gold plan so paying 120 bring it down to Silver. This is a great deal which is why I posted it. Pretty much 6gb for $35 + 10$ for a small tab type deal....only the price stays static at $45 even after 24 months. Then you just continue on with the same plan forever as long as you don;t get a new phone from Virgin. If you do get a new phone, I doubt you'll be able to stay on same plan because In 2 years lots of things change and I doubt these awesome migration plans will be alive 2 years from now.
Mar 22, 2006
218 posts
132 upvotes
ips1177 wrote: yes you are missing something, possible gift cards from Walmart or The Mobile Shop to boot. The $120 would be the upfront cost of the s9 because it is on a Gold plan so paying 120 bring it down to Silver. This is a great deal which is why I posted it. Pretty much 6gb for $35 + 10$ for a small tab type deal....only the price stays static at $45 even after 24 months. Then you just continue on with the same plan forever as long as you don;t get a new phone from Virgin. If you do get a new phone, I doubt you'll be able to stay on same plan because In 2 years lots of things change and I doubt these awesome migration plans will be alive 2 years from now.
And for the $15 prepaid? Is that from lucky or virgin?
And pretty much keep the phone with the $15 plan in a drawer and use it occasionally. Wait 35 days and migrate?
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2005
4734 posts
147 upvotes
Markham/GTA
ips1177 wrote: step 1 - go grab a Lucky Mobile sim card for $4 @ Dollarama OR you may be able to get one free @ Walmart nowadays with new Lucky prepaid activation.
step 2 - head over to Walmart mobile kiosk and load $15 and create a new account on Lucky Mobile prepaid. ($15 should get you their unlimited text plan with 100 mins of talk)
step 3 - go home and pop that Lucky sim into a cell phone just to get it up and running and make sure the activation took effect.
step 4 - wait approx 35 days for the migration offer to load on Virgin's system (30 days might suffice but 35 days or so for good measure)
step 5 - go to Virgin Mobile and give them your Lucky Mobile phone # and ask them to load the offers available to you on the prepaid Lucky account and tell them you'd like to migrate your Lucky # to Virgin post-paid. Or better yet, go to Walmart or The Mobile Shop kiosk and ask them to do this migration for you and if you so choose to get the silver tab plan with a device, you may just get a gift card for that store if they have gift card giveaway promos for new sign-ups at that time.
Do we have to sign up for a Virgin Mobile account after step 3?
Tangerine, GreatCanadianRebates, Rakuten, Coinbase, Shakepay
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2019
1205 posts
886 upvotes
Brampton
yoshim wrote: Do we have to sign up for a Virgin Mobile account after step 3?
No. Get lucky mobile sim, wait 35 days, then go to virgin mobile kiosk to switch.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
1856 posts
2204 upvotes
Retail Support added it without issue
NavieM wrote: Nope migration plans can't add that feature.
You might be able to get it added through loyalty after the activation but when I tried to do both offers it didn't work in the system
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2005
1289 posts
693 upvotes
c0mputer wrote: 6. My budget for My communication requirement is less than 1$/ day. And I will not cross that even if you give me 50$ for 1 pico byte of data. And I am content with 25$ 1gb 3g data. I refuse to spend more than 1$/day and no carrier/ no person in this whole wide world can make me think anything else otherwise. It will not improve or degrade my quality of life regardless of what you think. If you have a mentality like me than jump the ship.
Currently using red flag deals with My 128kbps lucky connection and I am happy with it. Goal is to stretch my dollar oval for 25$ and I am doing it just fine.
7. I don’t care about your latency and ping and data speeds and QOS services - what works for me may not work for you and I don’t expect to. As long as I am spending 1$/day or less and getting calls sending txts browsing internet for decent things ( I don’t use Instagram - snap chat and what not. ) I am happy.
I gotta say I love the dedication to a good deal, fun read (and inspiring :)).
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
4401 posts
10674 upvotes
gamer602 wrote: Retail Support added it without issue
Prob ymmv then

I called in for a customer and they said if I wanted it on their account, I had to switch to an in market plan first
Public Mobile customer

$17.95 + 6.95 SAF
100 postal code wide minutes
unlimited texts
0GB data
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2002
2712 posts
678 upvotes
Burlington
Chatted today, asked about the plan, said not available, but offered me $10 off any plan on the site.
Not your standard VoIP. Different and novel options & advice for my RFD friends.
Jul 16, 2006
417 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
With the BYOD are you able to qualify for the "Roam Sweet Roam"?
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
1856 posts
2204 upvotes
VM Retail Support reps are completely all over the place

Some try to hang up on you to save their average call handle time
NavieM wrote: Prob ymmv then

I called in for a customer and they said if I wanted it on their account, I had to switch to an in market plan first
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2005
4734 posts
147 upvotes
Markham/GTA
So Virgin's system somehow knows how long you've been with Lucky Mobile? What sort of phone deals are available on silver tab?
Tangerine, GreatCanadianRebates, Rakuten, Coinbase, Shakepay
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2006
2462 posts
473 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
VictorZhi wrote: With the BYOD are you able to qualify for the "Roam Sweet Roam"?
Also a great question. Thanks for asking.
Dec 27, 2017
739 posts
427 upvotes
Stupid question: does Lucky have a pay as you go options? I just need a SIM for a relative for a few months for emergencies. All I see is monthly plans on their site.
Aug 17, 2017
230 posts
220 upvotes
eljay0 wrote: Stupid question: does Lucky have a pay as you go options? I just need a SIM for a relative for a few months for emergencies. All I see is monthly plans on their site.
Lucky mobile is prepaid, so there wont be any pay as you go options
Sep 7, 2014
73 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Question: My contract with Rogers doesn't expire til December. If i get the SIM and Pre-Paid $15 plan for Lucky, will the $15 expire after certain time? I'm hoping to take advantage of Virgin offers in December. Appreciate the feedback.
Sep 12, 2018
960 posts
1041 upvotes
Edmonton
Can you combine multi-line discount or 2 GB data for the additional line with this plan or the existing account?
Last edited by IshfaqueR4678 on Sep 11th, 2019 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2019
1205 posts
886 upvotes
Brampton
ammadno1 wrote: Question: My contract with Rogers doesn't expire til December. If i get the SIM and Pre-Paid $15 plan for Lucky, will the $15 expire after certain time? I'm hoping to take advantage of Virgin offers in December. Appreciate the feedback.
I remember somebody mentioned that the sim will stay activated for 3 months even if you don’t use it. Correct me if i am wrong ?
Sep 1, 2009
376 posts
339 upvotes
gta
ammadno1 wrote: Question: My contract with Rogers doesn't expire til December. If i get the SIM and Pre-Paid $15 plan for Lucky, will the $15 expire after certain time? I'm hoping to take advantage of Virgin offers in December. Appreciate the feedback.
Yes. Account will be in Suspension status for not enough funds very next month. Deactivation of account takes longer. If you want to know how long and
Looking for detailed answer of what you didn’t ask, is in TOS.

But let me make it very clear- you have to re activate your service and has to run one cycle (35days so we say ) before virgin could see your prepaid to postpaid migration products (been there done that)

Read question 33

https://www.luckymobile.ca/terms
“I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.”-John Galt 😎

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)