Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile

50% off Home Internet plans PLUS $100 Prepaid VISA (YMMV ONT only)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2020 1:13 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2017
1585 posts
2129 upvotes
Toronto
krs wrote: Where can one actually use that Visa gift card?

Most of my on-line purchase end up being paid via PayPal and then from my Visa credit card the way it is set up.

I tried buying some lottery tickets using the gift card since they accept debit cards (which I sort of equated with a gift card since the money is already in the account, ie not credit), but they don't accept Visa gift cards.
I assume I can't use it to top up my PayPal account....
You can use it at places like Walmart which accepts swipes. I have also used my balance on an Amazon giftcard. You can enter the exact amount you want to purchase.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
8978 posts
2579 upvotes
Cornwall, Ontario
CheapMang wrote: You can use it at places like Walmart which accepts swipes. I have also used my balance on an Amazon giftcard. You can enter the exact amount you want to purchase.
Thanks - amazon gift card makes the most sense.
Walmart here requires a PIN when paying.

Can I use the card to pay for my Virgin internet account?
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2017
1585 posts
2129 upvotes
Toronto
krs wrote: Thanks - amazon gift card makes the most sense.
Walmart here requires a PIN when paying.

Can I use the card to pay for my Virgin internet account?
Yes, you can use to pay it off your virgin account as well. The card had an expiry date of 2023 if I remember correctly so you have plenty of time to use it.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 5, 2003
5068 posts
5010 upvotes
Toronto
CheapMang wrote: Yes, you can use to pay it off your virgin account as well. The card had an expiry date of 2023 if I remember correctly so you have plenty of time to use it.
FYI, for everyone with the prepaid credit card, I just checked my balance and there's a $1/per month "maintenance fee". This is common for prepaid cards, but I don't think it was clearly listed. At least, I didn't know about it until I checked the balance online at vmgiftcards.ca. Every dollar counts, of course, so it's Amazon gift card purchase time...
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
8978 posts
2579 upvotes
Cornwall, Ontario
jm1 wrote: .........so it's Amazon gift card purchase time...
That's what I did.
Perfect solution if one buys from Amazon
Aug 28, 2019
185 posts
455 upvotes
Toronto, ON
cwon888 wrote: I m usimg Fiber to home with virgin v good
Area / Postal Code? How to check where the Fiber is available? The website is listing max speed as 100MB.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
8978 posts
2579 upvotes
Cornwall, Ontario
AndriodDudes wrote: Area / Postal Code? How to check where the Fiber is available? The website is listing max speed as 100MB.
Max speed Virgin offers is 100/10 - if you want faster than that on fiber you have to go with Bell.
Bell also offers symmetrical up/down

Remember that Virgin is a Bell company -they try not to compete with each other.

For availability just search for your address on the Virgin website.
Aug 28, 2019
185 posts
455 upvotes
Toronto, ON
krs wrote: Max speed Virgin offers is 100/10 - if you want faster than that on the fiber you have to go with Bell.
Bell also offers symmetrical up/down

Remember that Virgin is a Bell company -they try not to compete with each other.

For availability just search for your address on the Virgin website.
Got it. I'm already with Bell Fibe 500 plan. The bandwidth is shared by two kids for online classes, two mobiles, VPN connection for my Work from home. Just curious whether the Virgin 100 plan will be sufficient for my needs if I switch.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
8978 posts
2579 upvotes
Cornwall, Ontario
AndriodDudes wrote: Got it. I'm already with Bell Fibe 500 plan. The bandwidth is shared by two kids for online classes, two mobiles, VPN connection for my Work from home. Just curious whether the Virgin 100 plan will be sufficient for my needs if I switch.
I'm on the 100/10 plan with 4 people using it and 10 devices connected.
Never a problem.
When I ran a speed check during the day with people using the bandwidth normally, it still came up at over 80 Mb/s; when I test at night with nobody else on, I typically get 120/12 as speeds.
I was actually planning to switch to the 50/10 or even 25/10 plan to save a few bucks, but with the different discount pricing for different speeds I would only save $5.- a month, so I left it at 100/10 for now.
Remember that you don't have any contract with Virgin - so if things don't work out you can always switch back to Bell unless you have a great deal from them that you loose when you leave Bell.

I think in general people think they need a faster connection that they actually do - streaming video uses the most and for 1080 I remember the comment I read somewhere was that this required 5 Mb's per stream - 4K is a different story.
Also remember that with fiber you get consistent speeds - not like the huge variation that I used to get with cable.
Aug 28, 2019
185 posts
455 upvotes
Toronto, ON
krs wrote: I'm on the 100/10 plan with 4 people using it and 10 devices connected.
Never a problem.
When I ran a speed check during the day with people using the bandwidth normally, it still came up at over 80 Mb/s; when I test at night with nobody else on, I typically get 120/12 as speeds.
I was actually planning to switch to the 50/10 or even 25/10 plan to save a few bucks, but with the different discount pricing for different speeds I would only save $5.- a month, so I left it at 100/10 for now.
Remember that you don't have any contract with Virgin - so if things don't work out you can always switch back to Bell unless you have a great deal from them that you loose when you leave Bell.

I think in general people think they need a faster connection that they actually do - streaming video uses the most and for 1080 I remember the comment I read somewhere was that this required 5 Mb's per stream - 4K is a different story.
Also remember that with fiber you get consistent speeds - not like the huge variation that I used to get with cable.
Very helpful information. Thanks. I'm paying $75 for Bell currently as my price bumped from $50 to $75 after 1ryr deal rate. I checked multiple times to get the price down but they provided me Fibe TV for one year with no cost for the total price of $75 (Internet + TV). Though I'm not using the Fibe TV, I think it is better to switch to Virgin.

So Virgin will provide me a modem similar to the Bell one that I can use in my same Bell fibe port in my apartment correct?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)