Hot Deals

[Virgin Mobile] HOT!!! Unlimited home Internet for $50

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 29th, 2017 10:58 am
Mar 9, 2012
498 posts
133 upvotes
KITCHENER
Oddly....when I got the Virgin bill yesterday it was $15 less than last month, now I know why. When I had called them, they said I was stuck with my $65/month, so I am glad they went ahead and discounted it.

$50 unlimited DSL with no buffering after 7 at night....good times.
Feb 17, 2015
397 posts
112 upvotes
Hi jeff, did you call bell to cancel first or virgin will take care of it? Thanks.
jeff1970 wrote:
Feb 24th, 2017 9:44 pm
Oddly....when I got the Virgin bill yesterday it was $15 less than last month, now I know why. When I had called them, they said I was stuck with my $65/month, so I am glad they went ahead and discounted it.

$50 unlimited DSL with no buffering after 7 at night....good times.
Mar 9, 2012
498 posts
133 upvotes
KITCHENER
No to both. I was on Rogers and switched to Virgin because my internet wasn't great at night.

I had asked Virgin when the reduced their rate, I think down to $60, and they just said no. However, my next bill showed $50 for unlimited, so it seemed to have been automatic.
Jul 21, 2011
213 posts
60 upvotes
EAST YORK
I switched from bell to virginmobile internet, i never had issue on bell network, but now i am getting a lot of packet lost, bell tech has been here twice now. Same line, same infra, one works one doesnt, i just donno, maybe i need to move back to bell?
Aug 24, 2011
836 posts
272 upvotes
Montreal
I just moved to Toronto and this seemed like the easiest way to go. I had chatted with Bell rep and I was able to negotiate $60 Unlimited 50 megabytes per second however I have to pay activation fee of $50 and no first month free.

Even though this virgin deal is not quite as fast, no activation fee and free first month is 110$ off the bat less than bell, plus 10$ cheaper each month thereafter. If it turns out to be too slow I'll just cancel without any charges
Aug 24, 2011
836 posts
272 upvotes
Montreal
The other discount options well you have to buy modems you have to buy routers you have to buy this and that blah blah blah and then you're stuck with third-party customer service should anything go wrong...

If one can do all they need with this speed then I don't see why anyone would break their head and complicate life.
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
14061 posts
965 upvotes
It's a wifi connection to where exactly? I get the 3g or 4G USB sticks those connect to cell towers if I'm not mistaken. Does this piggyback off of those cell towers too?
Jun 1, 2016
344 posts
163 upvotes
This is such a cold deal.

With CanNet here, 100 down and unlimited = $45 including modern rental.

They don't throttle by the way, I know that's been going around. It just seems to depend on your area so definitely YMMV but Carrytel has the same price if CanNet isn't reliable in your area.
Bless RedFlagDeals for:
$39 - 6gb Data, Unlimited Talk & Text | 1000 International Minutes | Spotify for LIFE = Virgin Mobile
$45 - 100 mbps, Unlimited, No Contract, 2 Year Price Guarantee = CanNet (Rogers Reseller)
Dec 1, 2013
2 posts
Toronto
This is the right deal for me, since I don't wanna sign any contract or pay any installation/activiation fees. To my understanding, if somehow I have to move out or cancell the service, I only need to pay $100 in total (1st month free?). Is it correct?
Dec 1, 2013
2 posts
Toronto
If I have to cancel it after 3 months, the total cost for me is $100 ( as 1st month free?)? is it correct?

If that's right, it's a very good deal for people who will need to move or change services in the short term.
Feb 4, 2017
51 posts
24 upvotes
Thx OP, I think this is a pretty good deal compared to TPIAs such as Teksavvy, Start, Ebox....

Why people bother comparing this to cannet (with their throttling issues and scripted tech support off shore) puzzles me. You get what you pay for.
Jul 21, 2011
213 posts
60 upvotes
EAST YORK
Have u tried and it is not working?

I connect the wan port on asus to a lan port on steve, and then config the asus as a router, not ap etc. Then enter the usr and pw, asus is then connect to the internet. Pppoe bridging is turned on by default, works in the same way as my old bell modem.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2005
4350 posts
116 upvotes
Anyone able to get the $100 credit? Is there an expiry for the deal? Can I order this for service to be installed one month into the future?
Aug 24, 2011
836 posts
272 upvotes
Montreal
smamoto wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2017 11:09 pm
If I have to cancel it after 3 months, the total cost for me is $100 ( as 1st month free?)? is it correct?

If that's right, it's a very good deal for people who will need to move or change services in the short term.

That is correct although you may need to give them 30 days advance notice and or they may cancel it at the end of your billing cycle. So just be conscious as to the last day of your billing cycle. Your billing cycle does not necessarily start on the first day of your service.

This is precisely why I took the service as well not because I will be moving but rather first month is free, no activation charges, which will be enough time to decide in keeping it or not.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel