Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile

Targeted, Lucky to Virgin, 2 YRs $15/mth for 200 CAN Minutes + Unltd Int'l Texting + $0 Galaxy A8 + $200~ GC/Points

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 2nd, 2019 5:36 pm
Mar 26, 2019
170 posts
57 upvotes
NavieM wrote: The $25 migration plan shows up on anyone’s account that’s 35ish or more days into having their Lucky account.

The $15 migration plan was for those who activated a Lucky line under $20/month.

They’re silver plans so they’ll include any phone in the silver category. Samsung A8, Samsung A5, iPhone 6S, LG Q6, LG G6 and possibly some other ones. Everything but the iPhone 6S is discontinued though so it might be hard to find stock
Those who have under 20$ plan of lucky ? How old should the account be?
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
4397 posts
10584 upvotes
SKYhigh75f wrote: when does this promo end?
no idea
SKYhigh75f wrote: Those who have under 20$ plan of lucky ? How old should the account be?

35 days
Public Mobile customer

$17.95 + 6.95 SAF
100 postal code wide minutes
unlimited texts
0GB data
Nov 6, 2006
206 posts
28 upvotes
Mississauga
Was at Costco Dixie an hour ago, was offered Silver $15 for migration, plus $0 for Samsung A20 and $150 Cash card. Didn't bite, will wait and see whether the Quarter end promotion can beat it.
Nov 6, 2006
206 posts
28 upvotes
Mississauga
Got a Samsung A50 at the RCSS yesterday. The migration details are from Silver $15 plan to Virgin Silver 15, $120 plus tax for the A50, receive 300,000 PC Optimum points. The phone should get you around $300 from Kijiji, so it's like:

119.99 * 1.13 = 135.59 - 300 (PC points) - 300 (phone on Kijiji) = $464.41

There is a $35 activation fee, but the Rep said it will be credited back on the 2nd or 3rd bill. Let's see.

Get paid for using their services for 2 years, that's pretty slick.
Banned
Jun 14, 2019
270 posts
222 upvotes
Toronto
TorontoFish wrote: Got a Samsung A50 at the RCSS yesterday. The migration details are from Silver $15 plan to Virgin Silver 15, $120 plus tax for the A50, receive 300,000 PC Optimum points. The phone should get you around $300 from Kijiji, so it's like:

119.99 * 1.13 = 135.59 - 300 (PC points) - 300 (phone on Kijiji) = $464.41

There is a $35 activation fee, but the Rep said it will be credited back on the 2nd or 3rd bill. Let's see.

Get paid for using their services for 2 years, that's pretty slick.
Such a sweet deal, I saw another RFDer do the same so I signup but was only able to get 200k points for my A50.

Much hotter then the Koodo switch as there is basically no tab on my Silver 25.
Nov 6, 2006
206 posts
28 upvotes
Mississauga
NavieM wrote: no idea

35 days
@ NavieM

Went to RCSS again this morning, tried to migrate another Lucky $15 plan to Virgin's Silver 15, the Rep couldn't add the Silver 15 to my account. Is there a limit on how many Silver 15 lines you can have per household? I need migrate all 3 lines from Lucky to Virgin, for my kids.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
3169 posts
2079 upvotes
Toronto
this is one of the best plans I've seen in years just because of giving you a free phone (ESPECIALLY A20/A50, I got the A8 + Walmart $250 GC)

Any phone that is worth $300+ makes this plan the best plan yet if it's just for talk and text. If it's for kids, might as well buy them a flip phone (or give them one of your old phones) while you sell the phone you get to offset the cost of the 2 year plan.
If you're able to sell the phone for $300, you're pretty much paying $5 for the plan, plus you get your GC or PC points!!!

All it takes is even buying a Lucky Mobile sim off ebay for $1 (free shipping), activate a $10 plan for a month and you're good to go!
If you're seeing this message, it means I cared enough to downvote or felt the need to upvote. Either way you get a👎/ 👍 so be grateful that your thread is being bumped
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
4397 posts
10584 upvotes
TorontoFish wrote:
@ NavieM

Went to RCSS again this morning, tried to migrate another Lucky $15 plan to Virgin's Silver 15, the Rep couldn't add the Silver 15 to my account. Is there a limit on how many Silver 15 lines you can have per household? I need migrate all 3 lines from Lucky to Virgin, for my kids.
Not that I’ve heard. I only have 2 right now, so maybe there is a restriction, I have to wait 2 more weeks for my newest line.

Normally the only time you can’t find the plan is if the process was done incorrectly, but you’ll know if it was done wrong cause the lucky number will no longer be active

skwan wrote: this is one of the best plans I've seen in years just because of giving you a free phone (ESPECIALLY A20/A50, I got the A8 + Walmart $250 GC)

Any phone that is worth $300+ makes this plan the best plan yet if it's just for talk and text. If it's for kids, might as well buy them a flip phone (or give them one of your old phones) while you sell the phone you get to offset the cost of the 2 year plan.
If you're able to sell the phone for $300, you're pretty much paying $5 for the plan, plus you get your GC or PC points!!!

All it takes is even buying a Lucky Mobile sim off ebay for $1 (free shipping), activate a $10 plan for a month and you're good to go!
Lucky SIM cards are free with activation at Walmart so help some brothas out and just activate there
Public Mobile customer

$17.95 + 6.95 SAF
unlimited texts
0GB data
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
3169 posts
2079 upvotes
Toronto
NavieM wrote: Not that I’ve heard. I only have 2 right now, so maybe there is a restriction, I have to wait 2 more weeks for my newest line.

Normally the only time you can’t find the plan is if the process was done incorrectly, but you’ll know if it was done wrong cause the lucky number will no longer be active

Lucky SIM cards are free with activation at Walmart so help some brothas out and just activate there

THEY ARE?!?! Even better!
If you're seeing this message, it means I cared enough to downvote or felt the need to upvote. Either way you get a👎/ 👍 so be grateful that your thread is being bumped
Nov 6, 2006
206 posts
28 upvotes
Mississauga
NavieM wrote: Not that I’ve heard. I only have 2 right now, so maybe there is a restriction, I have to wait 2 more weeks for my newest line.

You are absolutely right, now my 2nd Lucky mobile number is gone. Wish I knew this before yesterday, so I could do a check on the spot after the unsuccessful migration. :(
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
4397 posts
10584 upvotes
TorontoFish wrote:
You are absolutely right, now my 2nd Lucky mobile number is gone. Wish I knew this before yesterday, so I could do a check on the spot after the unsuccessful migration. :(
Unfortunately, the Bell/Virgin system is absolute archaic garbage. With the introduction of migration plans, they added a new method to migrate numbers instead of using the old method which worked previously (which still works for migrating numbers over, but special migration plans won’t show up)

Most reps still try doing it the old way since B/V never said not to use the old migration system and that’s what reps are used to. I only found out because I tried one of my numbers and lost it cause I did it the old way
Public Mobile customer

$17.95 + 6.95 SAF
unlimited texts
0GB data
Nov 6, 2006
206 posts
28 upvotes
Mississauga
NavieM wrote: Unfortunately, the Bell/Virgin system is absolute archaic garbage. With the introduction of migration plans, they added a new method to migrate numbers instead of using the old method which worked previously (which still works for migrating numbers over, but special migration plans won’t show up)

Most reps still try doing it the old way since B/V never said not to use the old migration system and that’s what reps are used to. I only found out because I tried one of my numbers and lost it cause I did it the old way
Sadly that's what happened to me, is there a way to recover from the mistake? I spent 2 or 3 hours this afternoon with Virgin / Lucky / RCSS (The Mobile Shop), no one seems to know what to do. Now I lost my number and eligibility for the free phone.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
4397 posts
10584 upvotes
TorontoFish wrote: Sadly that's what happened to me, is there a way to recover from the mistake? I spent 2 or 3 hours this afternoon with Virgin / Lucky / RCSS (The Mobile Shop), no one seems to know what to do. Now I lost my number and eligibility for the free phone.
As far as I know, there’s nothing you can do.
I tried arguing with them for over a week and the best they could do was get my old number back, credit it some extra but it would be like a new activation again so offers would be gone.

So you’d basically activate a new account and pay for the first month and they’d credit second month, but realistically there’s no reason to top up the second month so the credit is essentially worthless
Public Mobile customer

$17.95 + 6.95 SAF
unlimited texts
0GB data
Oct 13, 2012
100 posts
31 upvotes
Mississauga
skwan wrote: this is one of the best plans I've seen in years just because of giving you a free phone (ESPECIALLY A20/A50, I got the A8 + Walmart $250 GC)

Sorry if the answer was posted in the previous posts, but does that means that I can activate TODAY a lucky mobile $10 or $15 plan, and then in 30-35 days I could switch to Virgin Mobile, obviously assuming that this offer is still valid?
Is there any specific plan I have to switch to get the Samsung A50 for example?

Thank you!
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
3169 posts
2079 upvotes
Toronto
catalinb wrote: Sorry if the answer was posted in the previous posts, but does that means that I can activate TODAY a lucky mobile $10 or $15 plan, and then in 30-35 days I could switch to Virgin Mobile, obviously assuming that this offer is still valid?
Is there any specific plan I have to switch to get the Samsung A50 for example?

Thank you!
It has to be Silver Plan to get the phone and the gc or pc points. For sure it is 35 days. Just activate the $10 plan
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1500 posts
3475 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I went to the Walmart in Richmond (because the rep at TMS on Grandview was pretty clueless and almost did a credit check on me without asking), and the rep at WM told me that this $15 migration offer stopped appearing for Lucky customers since this last Saturday.

Is anyone else able to confirm whether this $15 Silver plan has been removed as a migration offer? @NavieM, perhaps you could help check for us please?

I really hope I’m wrong about this because I was counting on getting this plan for myself this weekend. 🥺
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
4397 posts
10584 upvotes
vancityguy0 wrote: I went to the Walmart in Richmond (because the rep at TMS on Grandview was pretty clueless and almost did a credit check on me without asking), and the rep at WM told me that this $15 migration offer stopped appearing for Lucky customers since this last Saturday.

Is anyone else able to confirm whether this $15 Silver plan has been removed as a migration offer? @NavieM, perhaps you could help check for us please?

I really hope I’m wrong about this because I was counting on getting this plan for myself this weekend. 🥺
Ill check when I get to work tomorrow. I'm hoping that's not the case since I have 6 lucky numbers I've activated :/
Public Mobile customer

$17.95 + 6.95 SAF
unlimited texts
0GB data
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
4397 posts
10584 upvotes
vancityguy0 wrote: I went to the Walmart in Richmond (because the rep at TMS on Grandview was pretty clueless and almost did a credit check on me without asking), and the rep at WM told me that this $15 migration offer stopped appearing for Lucky customers since this last Saturday.

Yep. It's gone
That sucks :(
Public Mobile customer

$17.95 + 6.95 SAF
unlimited texts
0GB data
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1500 posts
3475 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
NavieM wrote: Yep. It's gone
That sucks :(
Ugh...this is frustrating! I lost out on this deal after hanging on to 2 Lucky SIM cards for just over 2 months. The RCSS guys were using the wrong system (two reps - one had an old archaic version of oneview and another was using an old website called The Hub. Both links looked like they were cheesy looking web portals in the 1990s.) Both reps said I needed to do a credit check and agree to go through a system that would initiate the port-over process before I could see what migration offers I was eligible for. Neither of them found *any* migration offers for me on the next page.

45 minutes later, the guy at WM opened up a completely different 'newer' looking web-responsive version of oneView and bam, there were numerous offers listed for both my numbers on click later. However, the moment I asked why I couldn't see a Silver 15 plan, the rep responded right away saying that the plan was removed without any notice about 2 days ago. :/

My mistake was that I repeatedly hept going to different RCSS over the past few weeks instead of trying the knowledgeable reps at WM, resulting in me missing out. Such a great deal - sucks to have missed out on it just for being hung up on the stupid RCSS points.

Any way, for those of you who said that you've 'lost' your numbers during the migration process, are you sure you've actually lost them?
Because I didn't, despite the RCSS reps checking the box that says I acknowledge going past that point of no return. You might want to double check your numbers because I've managed to hang on to both of mine.

I'm not too attached to my numbers at this point, but for those of you who are, please do check. They might still be listed under your account.
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)