Expired Hot Deals

[Virgin Mobile] Virgin Internet $30 50mps Unlimited for 12 mths

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2019 12:50 pm
Aug 12, 2017
510 posts
113 upvotes
dmflash1 wrote: Did you get Valerie through the tech or phone agent?
It happened that the technician had one in the truck and he did not care which one to install but I was told by the agent that I qualify only for Steve.
Nov 28, 2011
903 posts
691 upvotes
Toronto
I canceled my $30 50mbps install, but to try and keep me, the Virgin Mobile CSR offered me the 100mbps plan for $35.

Would've taken it, but Bell's bundle discounts helped me save more than that in my internet + home phone bills.
May 16, 2015
822 posts
183 upvotes
York, ON
Lol so my 3 months promo was coming up 2 weeks i called to cancel. They didnt even offer anything back.... Oh well cant complain 3 months free internet
Jul 18, 2005
145 posts
3 upvotes
This is still active. I was able to call Virgin and get this deal without any hassle.
Deal Addict
May 10, 2011
1338 posts
397 upvotes
Ottawa
Sorry if it was mentioned somewhere, but can anyone switched from Teksavvy to this deal comment on the cancellation?

Did you let VM handle it? Or you called Teksavvy to cancel? If so did you overlap the cancellation date with the activation date?
Jan 13, 2002
402 posts
158 upvotes
Toronto
Any opinion on this Virgin deal vs [Carrytel] (ON/Rogers) 75M unlimited internet $34.99/m + 3 months FREE deal? Which might give better quality internet (lower pings, consistent speeds etc). I'm in central GTA.
Aug 26, 2018
8 posts
4 upvotes
discostar wrote: Is your connection FTTH or FTTN.
It must be FTTH because we cannot get the Valerie Modem, only Steve via a DSL connection, which is the exact opposite of what we were sold by the sales reps. Just had to order a 3rd Steve modem and yet another tech visit from Bell/Virgin. 50mbps? Lol more like 12mbps on a good day and thats if it doesn't drop every 30 seconds. Switched from Cogeco cable, which was expensive but in 2 years never had a drop and the speed was always consistent.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7048 posts
1398 upvotes
Mont-Royal
Any hard credit check ?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7048 posts
1398 upvotes
Mont-Royal
dmflash1 wrote: Nothing showed up on my credit report.
Did u do online or in store ?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Nov 17, 2014
515 posts
547 upvotes
QC
OutdoorCharles wrote: It must be FTTH because we cannot get the Valerie Modem, only Steve via a DSL connection, which is the exact opposite of what we were sold by the sales reps. Just had to order a 3rd Steve modem and yet another tech visit from Bell/Virgin. 50mbps? Lol more like 12mbps on a good day and thats if it doesn't drop every 30 seconds. Switched from Cogeco cable, which was expensive but in 2 years never had a drop and the speed was always consistent.
I was told by a virgin rep that they do not do DSL and only Fibre. I'm enquiring because i DO NOT have dsl at home (cable currently) and thinking of moving to Fibre
Aug 26, 2018
8 posts
4 upvotes
zewill wrote: I was told by a virgin rep that they do not do DSL and only Fibre. I'm enquiring because i DO NOT have dsl at home (cable currently) and thinking of moving to Fibre
I was told the same thing three times and when the Bell technician came to install our service I saw him fiddling with the phone outlet. I asked him why he was installing a DSL connection and he said "that's all Virgin has, they don't have Fibre to the house, only to the node"

Well I was shocked and quite annoyed as this was not what we were told and not the service we were buying into. We are on our 3rd modem and still have connection issues every other day.
Nov 17, 2014
515 posts
547 upvotes
QC
OutdoorCharles wrote: I was told the same thing three times and when the Bell technician came to install our service I saw him fiddling with the phone outlet. I asked him why he was installing a DSL connection and he said "that's all Virgin has, they don't have Fibre to the house, only to the node"

Well I was shocked and quite annoyed as this was not what we were told and not the service we were buying into. We are on our 3rd modem and still have connection issues every other day.
Well well.. thats a bummer to hear. I checked someone who got virgin 50 mbps - steve wiring goes directly to dsl line. Also, a speedtest (via mobile, via wifi) gave between 5mbps and 13mbps download and 10 upload. No sure i'll want to change all my setup for FTTN