Expired Hot Deals

[Virgin Mobile] Virgin Internet $30 50mps Unlimited for 12 mths

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2019 12:50 pm
Nov 23, 2012
263 posts
59 upvotes
L4cky wrote: Did u do online or in store ?
Over the phone , gave my license and credit card number. Seems a bit excessive for internet but no enquiries from Virgin on my report.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7033 posts
1397 upvotes
Mont-Royal
dmflash1 wrote: Over the phone , gave my license and credit card number. Seems a bit excessive for internet but no enquiries from Virgin on my report.
I have my license and date of birth and there is a credit check, hard credit check.
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Sep 29, 2011
94 posts
51 upvotes
Quebec
Last day for the promo is today.
I think it's a great deal!
Aug 26, 2018
8 posts
4 upvotes
zewill wrote: Well well.. thats a bummer to hear. I checked someone who got virgin 50 mbps - steve wiring goes directly to dsl line. Also, a speedtest (via mobile, via wifi) gave between 5mbps and 13mbps download and 10 upload. No sure i'll want to change all my setup for FTTN
Its just been an aggravating and horrible experience from the get go. We really regret switching from Cogeco. Sure it was much more expensive but we never had an issue with them for over 2 years. We had the 40mbps package and got 40mbps consistently via their cable network. Now my speed and connection is like a yoyo - up and down, on and off. I'm from Australia originally and I know the unreliability of DSL connections and its not different here. Was on the phone with Virgin from 90 minutes last night and achieved nothing. We're actively looking for an affordable alternative.
Nov 17, 2014
515 posts
547 upvotes
QC
OutdoorCharles wrote: Its just been an aggravating and horrible experience from the get go. We really regret switching from Cogeco. Sure it was much more expensive but we never had an issue with them for over 2 years. We had the 40mbps package and got 40mbps consistently via their cable network. Now my speed and connection is like a yoyo - up and down, on and off. I'm from Australia originally and I know the unreliability of DSL connections and its not different here. Was on the phone with Virgin from 90 minutes last night and achieved nothing. We're actively looking for an affordable alternative.
Thanks for the feedback. Phoned Bell and they said i was eligible only for 50 mpbs aka FTTN.
Virgin twice said i was eligible for FTTH albeit at 50 mbps speeds. I have that in WRITING. Shows how reps are not really competent, i wasn't asking too complicated questions.
I still got a quote valid for 7days so that extends the validity of the promo for me... Not sure i'll pull the trigger.
Aug 26, 2018
8 posts
4 upvotes
zewill wrote: Thanks for the feedback. Phoned Bell and they said i was eligible only for 50 mpbs aka FTTN.
Virgin twice said i was eligible for FTTH albeit at 50 mbps speeds. I have that in WRITING. Shows how reps are not really competent, i wasn't asking too complicated questions.
I still got a quote valid for 7days so that extends the validity of the promo for me... Not sure i'll pull the trigger.
It's entirely up to you. I was on the phone for over an hour with level 2 technicians trying to troubleshoot my issue (frequent mini drops) and they said that the Steve modem they provide cannot handle anything close to or over 50mbps... It overloads itself and drops the connection for a second or two. They instructed me to upgrade to the Valerie modem which can handle higher bandwidth. For the next afternoon I tried to order said replacement modem but my address cannot support a Valerie modem. I haggled with them and they offered me 100mbps down for the same price. That will come into effect next week but the customer care rep said that if that doesn't solve our issues we should cancel our service and find another provider....Yep the customer service sales rep said we should cancel! Will let you know if my issue is resolved. My expectations are low.
Nov 17, 2014
515 posts
547 upvotes
QC
OutdoorCharles wrote: It's entirely up to you. I was on the phone for over an hour with level 2 technicians trying to troubleshoot my issue (frequent mini drops) and they said that the Steve modem they provide cannot handle anything close to or over 50mbps... It overloads itself and drops the connection for a second or two. They instructed me to upgrade to the Valerie modem which can handle higher bandwidth. For the next afternoon I tried to order said replacement modem but my address cannot support a Valerie modem. I haggled with them and they offered me 100mbps down for the same price. That will come into effect next week but the customer care rep said that if that doesn't solve our issues we should cancel our service and find another provider....Yep the customer service sales rep said we should cancel! Will let you know if my issue is resolved. My expectations are low.
I asked several times to obtain Valerie if I were to become a client they always said Steve would be given.
They provided with 100 mbps but dont give you valerie -while saying steve isnt supportive of 50 mbps?
Im not surprised they told you to 'find something else'. When I told teksavvy that my 5 down 1 up was a bit lame for 32 $ per month tx in, they said.. Sorry cant do anything. Customer retention in internet business with low cost providers is non existent (bell videotron rogers is another story but you overpay so much they can sweeten the deals).
Anyway, my 5-1 works pretty well for my needs, so will probably wait for FTTH. :)
Do let us know how it goes!
Aug 26, 2018
8 posts
4 upvotes
zewill wrote: I asked several times to obtain Valerie if I were to become a client they always said Steve would be given.
They provided with 100 mbps but dont give you valerie -while saying steve isnt supportive of 50 mbps?
Im not surprised they told you to 'find something else'. When I told teksavvy that my 5 down 1 up was a bit lame for 32 $ per month tx in, they said.. Sorry cant do anything. Customer retention in internet business with low cost providers is non existent (bell videotron rogers is another story but you overpay so much they can sweeten the deals).
Anyway, my 5-1 works pretty well for my needs, so will probably wait for FTTH. :)
Do let us know how it goes!
7 drops in the past hour and more phone calls. Everything they do on their end doesn't work. We're looking at switching back to Cogeco. Sure it was expensive but an extra $40 a month isn't going to break the bank, especially if we have the peace of mind of having a solid connection. I thought ISPs were back in Australia but this is ridiculous.
Dec 16, 2012
92 posts
55 upvotes
Montreal
I've recently signed up with Virgin on the $30@ 50MPS down and when the Bell technician came, he told us that he could only offer us 25MPS down due to our outdated neighborhood.
I called their customer rep to have my plan to switch to 25MPS and they offered us their promotion $20 @25 MPS.

Just last week, I received a label in the mail to return the model back to them, I called Virgin and they told me that my account has been cancelled which I've never ask them to.
They explained to me that the rep must have cancelled it and ordered a whole new setup of 25MPS but nothing was put in ordered.
Now, I have to re-sign up and do a hard credit check and their promo is over and all they could do is offer us first 3 month fully credited.

My question is that my internet is still working,my account has been suspended and what happens if I don't return the modem back to them?
Let say If I return the modem back to them, can I put in another "Steve" modem and still get internet service?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2005
9675 posts
1673 upvotes
Toronto
I switched and they came to install. Speed has been 19, 25, 30, 19. I'm not impressed.when tech was here, speed was 50 !

Guess what, Rogers called me back today and offered $25/month +tax, 60Mbps, unlimited and 1 month free. Why didn't they offer that before I cancelled?

Now should I be a dick and cancel Virgin?
Jul 29, 2018
4 posts
Virgin Promo is back $30 for 50Mbps download Unlimited. I am paying $29 + $5 for modem + overuse fee, as we always go over 100GB with Start.ca and it is only 5Mbps, which is a pain when you want to stream something.
Nov 20, 2009
343 posts
127 upvotes
Welland
ShannO884841 wrote: What is the price after the 12 months?
Their regular price is around $60.00, unless they have a promotion.
Nov 20, 2009
343 posts
127 upvotes
Welland
My Virgin $30.00 promo is expiring this month. Did anyone get Virgin to extend your promo?

Ebox is currently running a promo Get our unlimited 50mbps FTTN plan for only $29.95 for 12 months, but I would prefer to stay with Virgin since I do not have a vdsl modem.

https://www.ebox.ca/en/ontario/resident ... s/c-cable/
Apr 30, 2009
376 posts
10 upvotes
The virgin 30/month promo exists if you have another service with virgin
Otherwise it's only 20 off so 40/month
Ebox I've written off as junk since they haven't replied to my email in several days with a very simple question.
Carrytel is legit I've had them before but closest is 34/month for 25mbit
Bell is offering 50mbit for 49/month which is comical

I'll probably do the virgin 40 deal myself. All above is fttn