• Last Updated:
  • Apr 13th, 2019 5:14 pm
[OP]
Apr 18, 2009
905 posts
340 upvotes
Toronto/Plano/Atlant…

Virgin roam sweet roam and Koodo easy roam comparison

I have two phone lines, on with Koodo and one with Virgin.

Koodo customer service says the day ( 24 hour period) starts from the time when you start using your device for data or calls.

Virgin Mobile website says valid untill 11:59 pm EST every day. If I start using my phone at say 10 pm EST ( I m in a different time zone in another country when I start using roaming ). After two hours, will I get charged for the second day ?

Also, if I travel to two countries in a span of a few hours, will I get charged twice ?
3 replies
Feb 5, 2019
31 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
You're right about Virgin's 11:59pm EST "day". Once it's midnight in Eastern Standard Time then you'll be charged a new daily roaming charge.

That's a good question about travelling to two countries on the same daily roam charge. From memory the wording is something like "charged once and use your plan in xx countries worldwide". What I would take from that is you can travel to any of the countries while that daily roam charge is in effect. I would confirm with customer service first.

-Stephen R Clark-
WhistleOut Canada
whistleout.ca

All The Best Wireless Plans, All In One Place.
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
11410 posts
7992 upvotes
South Pole
theMediaman wrote:
Apr 4th, 2019 1:07 pm
You're right about Virgin's 11:59pm EST "day". Once it's midnight in Eastern Standard Time then you'll be charged a new daily roaming charge.

That's a good question about travelling to two countries on the same daily roam charge. From memory the wording is something like "charged once and use your plan in xx countries worldwide". What I would take from that is you can travel to any of the countries while that daily roam charge is in effect. I would confirm with customer service first.
Probably between countries within the same roaming tier. Say France to Germany should be ok, but South Korea to North Korea, or US to Belize, maybe not. Just speculating. I don't roam, I just grab local sim when I travel.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
7624 posts
1394 upvotes
I can speak for Koodo. I was in Hong Kong and then ventured to China for a day trip and was only charged once. On another note... Facebook and Google work when roaming in China.