Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12459 posts
2169 upvotes
GTA

Virgin will not allow supertab acccounts to port to prepaid

WTF. they just started this policy. tried cancelling my account via porting and they say they will not release the account if i havent paid the tab off. usually the bill for the tab comes in after i cancel.
54 replies
Banned
May 3, 2009
6148 posts
781 upvotes
Then pay off the Tab and Pay the 1 month Fee.
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12459 posts
2169 upvotes
GTA
been put on hold for over 1 hour. postpaid say i cannot pay directly to the supertab.

also you do not need to pay the 1 month.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4114 posts
299 upvotes
New Westminster
qaz393 wrote: been put on hold for over 1 hour. postpaid say i cannot pay directly to the supertab.

also you do not need to pay the 1 month.
well i cant believe we didn't all see this coming...with people buying phones just to cancel and pay off the cheaper tab from stores then unlock and move. but they really didn't give any notice that i have heard about. sucks on that account.
Poor Grammar and being long winded don't fit well together, Oh well.
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12459 posts
2169 upvotes
GTA
Keas wrote: well i cant believe we didn't all see this coming...with people buying phones just to cancel and pay off the cheaper tab from stores then unlock and move. but they really didn't give any notice that i have heard about. sucks on that account.
ya im glad i quit doing this recently. bro decided to jump on the one s deal which was hot as hot.

cancelling took almost 2 hours and needed some manager over rides.

the current problem is that they ask you to pay the tab FIRST, but there is NO WAY of paying it. highly conflicting.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4114 posts
299 upvotes
New Westminster
qaz393 wrote: ya im glad i quit doing this recently. bro decided to jump on the one s deal which was hot as hot.

cancelling took almost 2 hours and needed some manager over rides.

the current problem is that they ask you to pay the tab FIRST, but there is NO WAY of paying it. highly conflicting.
yea sounds confusing. i hope i dont have issues with Koodo. i am going to stay with them for a month to see how much data and stuff i use but i am scared of the day i make that call.
Poor Grammar and being long winded don't fit well together, Oh well.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22059 posts
10214 upvotes
Toronto
I could see Koodo adopting the same policy in the next day or two.
Jul 14, 2009
518 posts
417 upvotes
Toronto
It was good while it lasted.

RIP
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
Can't you just port the numbers to any other provider ? Speakout sims is $10 and you can port numbers to them for as many time as you like.
Jun 6, 2010
236 posts
225 upvotes
Don't talk to postpaid department, they usually can't do anything for you.

Ask to be transferred to prepaid department and ask to port your number to prepaid. My first time doing a quick cancellation I was fortunate enough to talk to a rep who actually knew how to do his job. He told me the correct way of doing things was to speak to prepaid department to port out, pay supertab when you get your final bill.
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12459 posts
2169 upvotes
GTA
I talked directly to prepaid. They have to ask the postpaid to release the number. Theproblem is that they will not release if there i a superta balanc.ebs
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12459 posts
2169 upvotes
GTA
aasoror wrote: Can't you just port the numbers to any other provider ? Speakout sims is $10 and you can port numbers to them for as many time as you like.
Virgin might not release the number to speakout as well. The problem is the post paid not releasing i to anybody if there is a tab. t
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
qaz393 wrote: Virgin might not release the number to speakout as well. The problem is the post paid not releasing i to anybody if there is a tab. t
I don't think they can do that, since you own the number, they will just issue you a bill for all your tab (since porting the number is effectively cancelling the service)
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12459 posts
2169 upvotes
GTA
aasoror wrote: I don't think they can do that, since you own the number, they will just issue you a bill for all your tab (since porting the number is effectively cancelling the service)
well they arent releasing the numbers if you have a tab balance to prepaid virgin now......
Mar 28, 2005
491 posts
3 upvotes
the whole idea with tab, is you can pay off the tab any time you want, so legally they may have to do it.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
newatthis wrote: the whole idea with tab, is you can pay off the tab any time you want, so legally they may have to do it.
Can you pay the tab any time ?
Not sure about Virgin, but for koodo the only way to pay tab is either by the monthly credit deduction or as cancellation fees when you terminate the service (thats how its defined in their T&C) you can't just an call mid-service and request to pay the tab.
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12459 posts
2169 upvotes
GTA
you CANNOT DIRECTLY pay the tab. tab will only go onto the bill when cancel or hardware upgrade via another department.

they are conflicting within themselves. looks like i cannot grab cheap phones from tabs any more without a bit more hassle
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12459 posts
2169 upvotes
GTA
let me clarify. Ive asked EVERY department and there is NO WAY OF DIRECTLY PAYING OFF THE TAB unless u cancel. if you want to cancel, you must have NO TAB BALANCE......
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
qaz393 wrote: if you want to cancel, you must have NO TAB BALANCE......
ok, first I thought its just BS they are feeding you ..

right from their T&C
Ending Your Services
Unless otherwise agreed, you may end your Membership Agreement or remove of any of your Services at any time by calling Care and providing us with thirty (30) days’ notice. You’ll be billed for any unpaid charges on your account, including amounts owing for monthly services provided up to and including the date such services are removed. In addition to the above amounts, if you end your Membership Agreement, remove your voice rate plan or remove your data services prior to (i) the end of your Rate Plan Term (for Postpaid Members); or (ii) paying the outstanding credit balance of your Virgin Mobile SuperTab (for Virgin Mobile SuperTab Members), you’ll be subject to payment of any applicable amounts set out in your Membership Agreement (an “Early Termination Charge”). The transfer of your telephone number to another telecommunications service provider constitutes a termination of your Services.
Now for the “Early Termination Charge" part, couldn't find the supertab service agreement (can anyone check his own) but I assume it wouldn't be that different from "The Suspension or Termination of Your Service" (when Virgin decides to cancel your service).
For Virgin Mobile SuperTab Members, if, on the terms above, we terminate your Services, you’ll be required to pay one dollar ($1) for each credit of negative credit balance in your Virgin Mobile SuperTab. A Virgin Mobile SuperTab with a positive credit balance has no monetary value, is non-transferable, and will be cancelled by Virgin Mobile (without compensation to you) if Virgin Mobile ends your Membership Agreement or removes your rate plan.
Then I found this ... :eek: :eek: :eek:
If you decide to cancel your monthly data service before your Virgin Mobile Supertab™ balance reaches zero, then you’ll be charged 50% of your outstanding Virgin Mobile Supertab™ balance. This is to make up for the discount you got when you activated and agreed to keep the data service.
This basically entitles them to charge you extra $75 when you cancel your just activated line with $150 superTab

Can anyone of you guys with superTab service agreement check if the above is actually mentioned in the service agreement.
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12459 posts
2169 upvotes
GTA
aasoror wrote: ok, first I thought its just BS they are feeding you ..

right from their T&C

Now for the “Early Termination Charge" part, couldn't find the supertab service agreement (can anyone check his own) but I assume it wouldn't be that different from "The Suspension or Termination of Your Service" (when Virgin decides to cancel your service).

Then I found this ... :eek: :eek: :eek:

This basically entitles them to charge you extra $75 when you cancel your just activated line with $150 superTab

Can anyone of you guys with superTab service agreement check if the above is actually mentioned in the service agreement.
If that 50% is true. Time to ccts

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)