Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 2, 2008
9725 posts
892 upvotes

Virgin will not allow supertab acccounts to port to prepaid

WTF. they just started this policy. tried cancelling my account via porting and they say they will not release the account if i havent paid the tab off. usually the bill for the tab comes in after i cancel.
54 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 3, 2009
5989 posts
703 upvotes
Then pay off the Tab and Pay the 1 month Fee.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4111 posts
297 upvotes
New Westminster
qaz393 wrote:
Dec 30th, 2012 2:34 pm
been put on hold for over 1 hour. postpaid say i cannot pay directly to the supertab.

also you do not need to pay the 1 month.
well i cant believe we didn't all see this coming...with people buying phones just to cancel and pay off the cheaper tab from stores then unlock and move. but they really didn't give any notice that i have heard about. sucks on that account.
Poor Grammar and being long winded don't fit well together, Oh well.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 2, 2008
9725 posts
892 upvotes
Keas wrote:
Dec 30th, 2012 3:47 pm
well i cant believe we didn't all see this coming...with people buying phones just to cancel and pay off the cheaper tab from stores then unlock and move. but they really didn't give any notice that i have heard about. sucks on that account.
ya im glad i quit doing this recently. bro decided to jump on the one s deal which was hot as hot.

cancelling took almost 2 hours and needed some manager over rides.

the current problem is that they ask you to pay the tab FIRST, but there is NO WAY of paying it. highly conflicting.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4111 posts
297 upvotes
New Westminster
qaz393 wrote:
Dec 30th, 2012 3:49 pm
ya im glad i quit doing this recently. bro decided to jump on the one s deal which was hot as hot.

cancelling took almost 2 hours and needed some manager over rides.

the current problem is that they ask you to pay the tab FIRST, but there is NO WAY of paying it. highly conflicting.
yea sounds confusing. i hope i dont have issues with Koodo. i am going to stay with them for a month to see how much data and stuff i use but i am scared of the day i make that call.
Poor Grammar and being long winded don't fit well together, Oh well.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2003
11274 posts
714 upvotes
Toronto
I could see Koodo adopting the same policy in the next day or two.
Jul 14, 2009
262 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
It was good while it lasted.

RIP
Jun 6, 2010
122 posts
47 upvotes
Brampton
Don't talk to postpaid department, they usually can't do anything for you.

Ask to be transferred to prepaid department and ask to port your number to prepaid. My first time doing a quick cancellation I was fortunate enough to talk to a rep who actually knew how to do his job. He told me the correct way of doing things was to speak to prepaid department to port out, pay supertab when you get your final bill.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 2, 2008
9725 posts
892 upvotes
aasoror wrote:
Dec 31st, 2012 4:07 pm
Can't you just port the numbers to any other provider ? Speakout sims is $10 and you can port numbers to them for as many time as you like.
Virgin might not release the number to speakout as well. The problem is the post paid not releasing i to anybody if there is a tab. t
Dec 27, 2007
10793 posts
3376 upvotes
Kitchener
qaz393 wrote:
Dec 31st, 2012 7:48 pm
Virgin might not release the number to speakout as well. The problem is the post paid not releasing i to anybody if there is a tab. t
I don't think they can do that, since you own the number, they will just issue you a bill for all your tab (since porting the number is effectively cancelling the service)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 2, 2008
9725 posts
892 upvotes
aasoror wrote:
Dec 31st, 2012 9:33 pm
I don't think they can do that, since you own the number, they will just issue you a bill for all your tab (since porting the number is effectively cancelling the service)
well they arent releasing the numbers if you have a tab balance to prepaid virgin now......
Mar 28, 2005
491 posts
3 upvotes
the whole idea with tab, is you can pay off the tab any time you want, so legally they may have to do it.
× < >