Tags:
None
Dec 27, 2007
10867 posts
3389 upvotes
Kitchener
newatthis wrote:
Dec 31st, 2012 11:39 pm
the whole idea with tab, is you can pay off the tab any time you want, so legally they may have to do it.
Can you pay the tab any time ?
Not sure about Virgin, but for koodo the only way to pay tab is either by the monthly credit deduction or as cancellation fees when you terminate the service (thats how its defined in their T&C) you can't just an call mid-service and request to pay the tab.
Dec 27, 2007
10867 posts
3389 upvotes
Kitchener
qaz393 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2013 12:50 am
if you want to cancel, you must have NO TAB BALANCE......
ok, first I thought its just BS they are feeding you ..

right from their T&C
Ending Your Services
Unless otherwise agreed, you may end your Membership Agreement or remove of any of your Services at any time by calling Care and providing us with thirty (30) days’ notice. You’ll be billed for any unpaid charges on your account, including amounts owing for monthly services provided up to and including the date such services are removed. In addition to the above amounts, if you end your Membership Agreement, remove your voice rate plan or remove your data services prior to (i) the end of your Rate Plan Term (for Postpaid Members); or (ii) paying the outstanding credit balance of your Virgin Mobile SuperTab (for Virgin Mobile SuperTab Members), you’ll be subject to payment of any applicable amounts set out in your Membership Agreement (an “Early Termination Charge”). The transfer of your telephone number to another telecommunications service provider constitutes a termination of your Services.
Now for the “Early Termination Charge" part, couldn't find the supertab service agreement (can anyone check his own) but I assume it wouldn't be that different from "The Suspension or Termination of Your Service" (when Virgin decides to cancel your service).
For Virgin Mobile SuperTab Members, if, on the terms above, we terminate your Services, you’ll be required to pay one dollar ($1) for each credit of negative credit balance in your Virgin Mobile SuperTab. A Virgin Mobile SuperTab with a positive credit balance has no monetary value, is non-transferable, and will be cancelled by Virgin Mobile (without compensation to you) if Virgin Mobile ends your Membership Agreement or removes your rate plan.
Then I found this ... :eek: :eek: :eek:
If you decide to cancel your monthly data service before your Virgin Mobile Supertab™ balance reaches zero, then you’ll be charged 50% of your outstanding Virgin Mobile Supertab™ balance. This is to make up for the discount you got when you activated and agreed to keep the data service.
This basically entitles them to charge you extra $75 when you cancel your just activated line with $150 superTab

Can anyone of you guys with superTab service agreement check if the above is actually mentioned in the service agreement.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 2, 2008
9728 posts
892 upvotes
aasoror wrote:
Jan 1st, 2013 3:23 am

right from their T&C

Now for the “Early Termination Charge" part, couldn't find the supertab service agreement (can anyone check his own) but I assume it wouldn't be that different from "The Suspension or Termination of Your Service" (when Virgin decides to cancel your service).

This basically entitles them to charge you extra $75 when you cancel your just activated line with $150 superTab

Can anyone of you guys with superTab service agreement check if the above is actually mentioned in the service agreement.
If that 50% is true. Time to ccts
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 2, 2008
9728 posts
892 upvotes
aasoror wrote:

right from their T&C

The last part is for data plans
Nov 20, 2009
598 posts
121 upvotes
Victoria
aasoror wrote:
right from their T&C

Ran across this a few weeks back. It seems Virgin also offers some sort of hardware subsidy for signing up for Data plans, and this essentially is their way of clawing that subsidy back if you cancel data prematurely, but keep your voice services. I don't think this affects those of us who signed up for voice-only plans to begin with.

From my membership agreement:

"If you received a discount on the cost of your Device in exchange for including data services in your rate plan, and you remove your data services prior to paying the outstanding balance of your virgin mobile supertab, you will continue to receive the virgin mobile supertab services but you'll be required to pay one half of the outstanding negative balance in your virgin mobile supertab as of the date you remove your data services at a rate of $1 per negative credit. The remaining negative balance (equal to one half of the outstanding negative balance in your virgin mobile supertab as of the date you removed youir data services) shall be reduced each monht in accordance with your existing virgin mobile supertab arrangement."
Mar 20, 2008
701 posts
103 upvotes
aasoror wrote:
Dec 31st, 2012 4:07 pm
Can't you just port the numbers to any other provider ? Speakout sims is $10 and you can port numbers to them for as many time as you like.
Do we need to have load any airtime on speakout to port in #?
Dec 27, 2007
10867 posts
3389 upvotes
Kitchener
fury420 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2013 4:47 pm
From my membership agreement:

"If you received a discount on the cost of your Device in exchange for including data services in your rate plan, and you remove your data services prior to paying the outstanding balance of your virgin mobile supertab, you will continue to receive the virgin mobile supertab services but you'll be required to pay one half of the outstanding negative balance in your virgin mobile supertab as of the date you remove your data services at a rate of $1 per negative credit. The remaining negative balance (equal to one half of the outstanding negative balance in your virgin mobile supertab as of the date you removed youir data services) shall be reduced each monht in accordance with your existing virgin mobile supertab arrangement."
What about what they refer to as "Early Termination Charge", any mention of that in your agreement ?

nirajshah7 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2013 5:22 pm
Do we need to have load any airtime on speakout to port in #?
mmm .. I don't think they check (you can call to verify) , but you can always say you need the number ported first before loading it.
Mar 21, 2011
616 posts
224 upvotes
Delta
qaz393 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2013 12:50 am
let me clarify. Ive asked EVERY department and there is NO WAY OF DIRECTLY PAYING OFF THE TAB unless u cancel. if you want to cancel, you must have NO TAB BALANCE......
Wait a second, you talked to postpaid to cancel and they won't cancel unless you pay off your tab but they won't let you pay off your Tab?

They want you to run around in a circle?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 2, 2008
9728 posts
892 upvotes
lypang wrote:
Jan 1st, 2013 7:08 pm
Wait a second, you talked to postpaid to cancel and they won't cancel unless you pay off your tab but they won't let you pay off your Tab?

They want you to run around in a circle?

yes here was the sumary

called into prepaid, did the normal procedure. prepaid contacts technical department to release the sim. The technical department got the memo to not to release the number WHEN THERE IS A BALANCE on tab. i get transfer back to postpaid to try to pay the tab, but they say this cannot be done unless it is being canceled. got sent to prepaid back and forth before a customer service guy on the postpaid side decided to escalate this to upper level
Mar 21, 2011
616 posts
224 upvotes
Delta
qaz393 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2013 7:46 pm
yes here was the sumary

called into prepaid, did the normal procedure. prepaid contacts technical department to release the sim. The technical department got the memo to not to release the number WHEN THERE IS A BALANCE on tab. i get transfer back to postpaid to try to pay the tab, but they say this cannot be done unless it is being canceled. got sent to prepaid back and forth before a customer service guy on the postpaid side decided to escalate this to upper level
Did you try cancelling at postpaid?
Mar 21, 2011
616 posts
224 upvotes
Delta
qaz393 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2013 8:16 pm
also that would risk me losing the number if i want to go to prepaid
Don't they have 1 month free now?
Can you give 1 month notice then port?
× < >