• Jan 26th, 2013 9:25 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 31, 2005
172 posts
12 upvotes
qaz393 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2013 8:15 pm
i would have to give the 30 days notice and pay one more month..... that is handled by another department (retentions/solutions)
Current promotion includes first month free. (expires tomorrow)
Mar 21, 2011
610 posts
224 upvotes
Delta
qaz393 wrote:
Dec 30th, 2012 3:49 pm
ya im glad i quit doing this recently. bro decided to jump on the one s deal which was hot as hot.

cancelling took almost 2 hours and needed some manager over rides.

the current problem is that they ask you to pay the tab FIRST, but there is NO WAY of paying it. highly conflicting.
I see you actually got it cancelled.
The manager over ride to release the number prepaid or to pay off the Tab?
Mar 21, 2011
610 posts
224 upvotes
Delta
qaz393 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2013 9:13 pm
override and prepaid took the number.

cancel via porting with virgin to virgin means no need to ccts for the 30 days notice.

ill probably not do this anymore unless the phone i can get 150+ off of kijiji prices
You're right, not worth the trouble for less than $150 now.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2010
3275 posts
416 upvotes
Super Synagogio Worl…
qaz393 wrote:
Dec 31st, 2012 7:48 pm
Virgin might not release the number to speakout as well. The problem is the post paid not releasing i to anybody if there is a tab. t
Has anyone actually tried porting out to a different provider and succeeded/not succeeded though? Could be an useful exit strategy.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2006
2380 posts
778 upvotes
GTA
i didn't have any problems porting my account to virgin pre-paid.

i did everything on the same day (dec. 26).

bought phone in the morning, called in the afternoon to switch.

got my bill today and paid.

however, i got chaged $5 for data...which is stupid and unavoidable (?) because the phone was turned on once in the store and that's when i got dinged on it.

oh wells...so i paid $174 grand total with taxes.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 2, 2008
9384 posts
851 upvotes
pink_panda wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2013 2:12 pm
i didn't have any problems porting my account to virgin pre-paid.

i did everything on the same day (dec. 26).

bought phone in the morning, called in the afternoon to switch.

got my bill today and paid.

however, i got chaged $5 for data...which is stupid and unavoidable (?) because the phone was turned on once in the store and that's when i got dinged on it.

oh wells...so i paid $174 grand total with taxes.
you can call in to get that 5 dollar data credited.

also the policy is very new. started like 30th or a couple days before. you were the 26th.
Mar 28, 2005
491 posts
3 upvotes
damn, switched to prepaid on dec. 16, still no final bill...
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2006
2380 posts
778 upvotes
GTA
qaz393 wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2013 2:19 pm
you can call in to get that 5 dollar data credited.

also the policy is very new. started like 30th or a couple days before. you were the 26th.

thanks, i called and was able to get $5 credited back to me.

newatthis wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2013 7:26 pm
damn, switched to prepaid on dec. 16, still no final bill...

did you sign up an online account on virgin mobile?

i didn't get any mail or notification about my final bill but i sign in everyday to check and i saw i was billed today and paid it off.
May 9, 2012
720 posts
81 upvotes
Qaz, how many phones did you buy/cancel/try to cancel ? Would that have anything to do with it?
May 9, 2012
720 posts
81 upvotes
qaz393 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 3:38 am
no not really. it was a policy recently put in place
Ya but obviously it was put in place because certain people were abusing it and now it's ruined for everyone.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2012
9094 posts
1458 upvotes
VANCOUVER
I got the Ace 2X on Tab from Futureshop on Boxing Day and cancelled on Jan. 1 or 2 without much problem. The only glitch was I initially went straight to Prepaid who advised me I had to notify postpaid first. So I called back. Postpaid didn't give me any resistance when I told them I wanted to switch to Prepaid. The only thing out of the ordinary was that Postpaid said they had to transferred me to Retention first, but the call got disconnected. I called back and the csr who answered said I actually needed Prepaid, so I got transferred to Prepaid. Now I wonder if I dodged a bullet when the call got disconnected. ;) Just have to wait for my bill.

Oh, and I guess one other thing was that Prepaid asked for a sim # but couldn't register it, so I had to give them the # from a brand new sim. I think that was an unnecessary step. I think when you switch from postpaid to prepaid, the same sim continues to work. There was no need to switch sim cards. But oh well, I got the sim for free anyway.
× < >