• Jan 26th, 2013 9:25 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1792 posts
143 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
^ wondering this. My uncle needs a phone and i want to buy him an s2 from fs.
Aug 9, 2012
133 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
So does anyone have the steps to follow to switch from a plan to a prepaid account now?
Dec 6, 2012
38 posts
5 upvotes
Montréal, QC
newatthis wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2013 7:26 pm
damn, switched to prepaid on dec. 16, still no final bill...
Same here, switch December 16 or 17, still no final bill?!?
Jul 25, 2012
594 posts
11 upvotes
LALA LAND
I believe people say just tell them you want to cancel, wait the 30 days. So technically you just pay an additional $20 plus tax. No instant switch anymore.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2004
1279 posts
87 upvotes
Magister wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2013 10:32 am
Same here, switch December 16 or 17, still no final bill?!?
I got a Virgin phone on tab in August and got the final bill in October. Since it was pre-authorized CC, I didn't actually see the charge until my November statement. Never saw any paper or e-bill from Virgin.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
3059 posts
237 upvotes
Vancouver
qaz393 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2013 7:46 pm
yes here was the sumary

called into prepaid, did the normal procedure. prepaid contacts technical department to release the sim. The technical department got the memo to not to release the number WHEN THERE IS A BALANCE on tab. i get transfer back to postpaid to try to pay the tab, but they say this cannot be done unless it is being canceled. got sent to prepaid back and forth before a customer service guy on the postpaid side decided to escalate this to upper level
I got an extra run around. Called postpaid to port, transferred to prepaid, transferred back to postpaid, who said I had to PAY OFF SUPERTAB IN STORE, who of course sent me back to postpaid who said, prepaid can "definitely take care of me". When I finally insisted no more running around, they took my canx, but said I have to give 1 month notice and pay off balance when I get my online bill. Waiting 3 more days to see if this nightmare is over. OTOH, I did get a great deal on a new Samsung Ace 2x!! :D
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2008
1090 posts
114 upvotes
Toronto
Just cancelled mine. Did not have any problems porting my account to virgin pre-paid
Aug 9, 2012
133 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
supersaiyan wrote:
Jan 24th, 2013 11:52 pm
Just cancelled mine. Did not have any problems porting my account to virgin pre-paid
What department did you talk to and did you pay off a tab first? if so what department did you call to pay the tab??
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2008
1090 posts
114 upvotes
Toronto
amun9999 wrote:
Jan 26th, 2013 7:33 pm
What department did you talk to and did you pay off a tab first? if so what department did you call to pay the tab??
Talked with regular department then they transferred me to prepaid department. Will pay my tab when I get my final bill.
× < >