Dec 25, 2003
8435 posts
859 upvotes
GVR

[Safeway] Visa: Spend $200 at Safeway, get $20 statement credit

https://www.visastockupandsave.com

1. Register your Visa card at https://www.visastockupandsave.com
2. Make a minimum $200 (after tax) purchase at Safeway in November
3. Get $20 statement credit (max 4 per card)

No mention of ineligible items (only that you can't make the purchase at a Safeway liquor store or gas bar) so gift cards should be OK. Makes sense since Visa generally doesn't know what you buy, only where you buy it. Allow 8 weeks after Nov 30 for the credit to be posted.

All credit card Visas seem to work (initially the TD Infinite Travel did not).

Anyway, seems like a decent deal. Next time you're at Safeway (in November), you just top up your purchase to $200 with gift cards and you'll get $20 back.

Also, only 20,000 cards will be allowed to be registered. So don't delay! Register today!

Terms & Conditions: https://www.visastockupandsave.com/Safe ... Conditions

List of gift cards Safeway sells: http://www.safeway.ca/giftcard09.asp
General Radek had some good ideas.
150 replies
Apr 6, 2007
196 posts
22 upvotes
"4. Offer Description: After an Eligible Card is successfully enrolled in this Offer, such Eligible Card will receive a $20 CAD credit to the Eligible Card's account when the holder of the Eligible Card makes a purchase of $200 CAD or more in a single transaction at a Safeway grocery shop or supermarket in Canada (excluding safeway.ca, and any Safeway retail outlets that are not categorized in the Visa payment system as grocery shop or supermarket) (each, a "Qualifying Purchase"), up to a maximum of four (4) Qualifying Purchases per Eligible Card. "

Does this mean one can take advantage of this promo 4 times?
1226 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2012 11:35 am
Oddly my TD Infinite Visa was not eligible for the promo but my Chase Amazon Visa is. :confused:
And how did you know your TD Infinite is not eligible? That would suck.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2003
8435 posts
859 upvotes
GVR
samhoque wrote:
Oct 11th, 2012 6:35 pm
"4. Offer Description: After an Eligible Card is successfully enrolled in this Offer, such Eligible Card will receive a $20 CAD credit to the Eligible Card's account when the holder of the Eligible Card makes a purchase of $200 CAD or more in a single transaction at a Safeway grocery shop or supermarket in Canada (excluding safeway.ca, and any Safeway retail outlets that are not categorized in the Visa payment system as grocery shop or supermarket) (each, a "Qualifying Purchase"), up to a maximum of four (4) Qualifying Purchases per Eligible Card. "

Does this mean one can take advantage of this promo 4 times?
4 times per card. So if you have more than one (eligible) Visa...
samhoque wrote:
Oct 11th, 2012 6:35 pm
And how did you know your TD Infinite is not eligible? That would suck.
I tried to register that one first and it gave me an error saying something like "this card is not eligible for this promotion".
Dec 9, 2002
560 posts
36 upvotes
Vancouver
...one transaction...

These Safeway promos discriminate against those of us who walk our groceries home. $200 is a LOT of stuff to carry.

But I do need meat.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2003
8435 posts
859 upvotes
GVR
McPaul wrote:
Oct 11th, 2012 9:35 pm
...one transaction...

These Safeway promos discriminate against those of us who walk our groceries home. $200 is a LOT of stuff to carry.

But I do need meat.
Buy GC's to get to $200 and then spend them at your own pace.
Feb 3, 2005
846 posts
322 upvotes
Anyone know if there are any airmiles bonus offers on gift cards right now?

2008 Wins - Vtech 6042 Phone System
2009 Wins - Samsung ST550 Camera - Scotch Tape Prize Pack - Wonder+ 155cm Snowboard
2010 Wins - Nestea for a year X 8 - Tassimo Brewer - Chicken Delight Patio Party
2013 Wins - Kobo Mini
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2012
9095 posts
1458 upvotes
VANCOUVER
OP thanked. I wonder if transit passes qualify.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9471 posts
673 upvotes
Here's my result with different Visa.

Amazon Visa - Works
TD Gold Elite Visa - Works
TD Travel Visa - Works
CIBC Aerogold Visa - Works
TD Infinity Visa (got in aug/sept) x2 - Doesn't work
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2003
8435 posts
859 upvotes
GVR
Rogido wrote:
Oct 11th, 2012 11:18 pm
OP thanked. I wonder if transit passes qualify.
Can't see why not. Thanks for the idea.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
1816 posts
473 upvotes
Some rules:
sa prepaid cards, Visa Business credit cards, and Visa Debit (including, without limitation, Visa Gift cards), are not eligible for the Offer.
A maximum of 20,000 registrations are permitted to enroll for the Offer. If and when that maximum has been met, you will no longer be permitted to enroll for the Offer, and are not eligible for the Offer
× < >