Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Safeway

Visa: Spend $200 at Safeway, get $20 statement credit

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2013 11:13 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4731 posts
2788 upvotes
Does Safeway sell gas station gift cards? How about McDonald's?
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
3283 posts
567 upvotes
Bell GCs are listed. Can you pay your phone bill with them?
Deal Guru
Dec 25, 2003
11091 posts
3504 upvotes
Vancouver
mc_molineux wrote: Bell GCs are listed. Can you pay your phone bill with them?
I'm betting, like Telus, they're prepaid top-up cards for prepaid cells.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
3283 posts
567 upvotes
1226 wrote: I'm betting, like Telus, they're prepaid top-up cards for prepaid cells.
Good point. Too bad. Kind of misleading, calling them gift cards...
Deal Guru
Dec 25, 2003
11091 posts
3504 upvotes
Vancouver
FYI, 10% off on Tuesday (no coupon or anything needed) on regular stuff (not GC's, transit passes, etc.). Just spend at least $35.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2008
2211 posts
2139 upvotes
Winnipeg
so if they infact do accept gift cards as the promotion i might as well max out buying safeway grocery gift cards for future purchases....
Deal Guru
Dec 25, 2003
11091 posts
3504 upvotes
Vancouver
Spend $100 on groceries, get 100 AM (Nov 2-4)

Coupon: https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/EarnMiles ... fer7043487

[QUOTE]Limit one Bonus Offer per transaction. Coupon must be presented at time of purchase. Purchase must be made in a single transaction. AIR MILES coupons cannot be combined with any other discount offer or AIR MILES coupon offer including Customer Appreciation Day & Senior's Day. Not valid at Safeway Liquor Stores. Coupon excludes prescriptions, diabetes merchandise, insulin pumps, insulin pump supplies, blood pressure monitors, tobacco, transit passes, gift cards, enviro levies, bottle deposits and sales tax. Other exclusions apply. See Customer Service for complete list of exclusions.[/QUOTE]
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2008
2211 posts
2139 upvotes
Winnipeg
as asked earlier can i buy just the SAFEWAY GROCERY GIFT cards? anybody know? :D
Sep 11, 2011
370 posts
142 upvotes
window shopper wrote: as asked earlier can i buy just the SAFEWAY GROCERY GIFT cards? anybody know? :D
Doesn't matter if it's a Safeway gift card - it's still a "gift card".
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2008
2211 posts
2139 upvotes
Winnipeg
stupid question....

I wonder if these have to be seperate transactions? Says max 4 times per visa, what happens if i have a total of $400 in one transactions? Or do i have to seperate into two $200 transactions? Im guessing it doesnt matter i just want to be sure.
Deal Guru
Dec 25, 2003
11091 posts
3504 upvotes
Vancouver
window shopper wrote: stupid question....

I wonder if these have to be seperate transactions? Says max 4 times per visa, what happens if i have a total of $400 in one transactions? Or do i have to seperate into two $200 transactions? Im guessing it doesnt matter i just want to be sure.
Needs to be separate.
Jan 2, 2008
232 posts
58 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Bought my first $200 card yesterday, they wouldnt let me buy my bus pass with it (boo!)
Have to check and see if I can use it to buy gas....
Deal Guru
Dec 25, 2003
11091 posts
3504 upvotes
Vancouver
FoxmanFX wrote: Bought my first $200 card yesterday, they wouldnt let me buy my bus pass with it (boo!)
Have to check and see if I can use it to buy gas....
What? They won't let you buy certain things with a GC? The only thing I've ever heard of (anywhere) is not being able to buy a GC with a GC. Even that you should be able to do but it confuses cashiers.

I'd try another Safeway to get your bus pass.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
2477 posts
1102 upvotes
1226 wrote: What? They won't let you buy certain things with a GC? The only thing I've ever heard of (anywhere) is not being able to buy a GC with a GC. Even that you should be able to do but it confuses cashiers.

I'd try another Safeway to get your bus pass.
Just bought $200 in Safeway gift cards for my second round of $200. Says right on the back of the gc that you're not allowed to buy transit passes with it. I just hope it's okay for gas... will find out tomorrow.
Deal Guru
Dec 25, 2003
11091 posts
3504 upvotes
Vancouver
cbt123 wrote: Just bought $200 in Safeway gift cards for my second round of $200. Says right on the back of the gc that you're not allowed to buy transit passes with it. I just hope it's okay for gas... will find out tomorrow.
Thanks for the info. I guess if you want transit passes you better buy them within your initial $200 purchase.
Deal Guru
Dec 25, 2003
11091 posts
3504 upvotes
Vancouver
anilkumarcanada wrote: Hi, Can we buy the visa gift card from safe way and will that be eligible?
Don't see why not. There doesn't seem to be any rules against buying anything as long as it's bought at Safeway (not gas bar, not liquor store).