• Jan 27th, 2016 9:52 pm
[OP]
Jul 5, 2013
29 posts
4 upvotes
Winnipeg

Visions Black Friday 30x Bonus airmiles taken back

RFD friends,
I shopped at the St. James Visions during their black Friday deal (30x bonus airmiles) here in Winnipeg and just had the bonus air miles taken out of my account. I initially received 904 bonus air miles on my purchases. Called air miles and they contacted Visions who said there was a 'system malfunction' and they took back air miles I shouldn't have received.
Wondering if it happened to someone else?
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
9925 posts
1339 upvotes
Toronto
I would return the purchases out of spite if possible :D

Just don't use spite as the reason
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
2538 posts
1126 upvotes
Edmonton
pgk19876 wrote:
Jan 25th, 2016 2:33 pm
RFD friends,
I shopped at the St. James Visions during their black Friday deal (30x bonus airmiles) here in Winnipeg and just had the bonus air miles taken out of my account. I initially received 907 bonus air miles on my purchases. Called air miles and they contacted Visions who said there was a 'system malfunction' and they took back air miles I shouldn't have received.
Wondering if it happened to someone else?
So were the miles miscalculated?
[OP]
Jul 5, 2013
29 posts
4 upvotes
Winnipeg
I purchased $1132 worth of items, plus spent a $180 in-store credit on top of that(not sure if airmiles are issued for that). Just basic airmiles should have been 32 at 1 for $40. When I called air miles they said the store initially gave me 1100+ but they adjusted it to 904. The 904 is what they took back a few weeks ago. I guess now I was given just 12 air miles for those purchases.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
2538 posts
1126 upvotes
Edmonton
What does your receipt say about how many miles you would be credited?

Isn't the system pretty well all automated based on amount spent and and amount awarded? Bonus miles should be listed separately on your Air Miles transactions. It should also show what you were awarded per $X0.00.

What is the breakdown? 1100 seems close to what you should have received with a 30X promotion.
[OP]
Jul 5, 2013
29 posts
4 upvotes
Winnipeg
starchoice wrote:
Jan 25th, 2016 8:51 pm
What does your receipt say about how many miles you would be credited?

Isn't the system pretty well all automated based on amount spent and and amount awarded? Bonus miles should be listed separately on your Air Miles transactions. It should also show what you were awarded per $X0.00.

What is the breakdown? 1100 seems close to what you should have received with a 30X promotion.
12 regular airmiles were given. There was 904 bonus airmiles were originally given but then taken away. Airmiles left me a message yesterday saying that their rep contacted visions and visions stated that there was a system malfunction and that they took back Airmiles that should not have been issued. I know visions can see my purchases and the airmiles I should have received and it's definitely NOT 12. Even the basic airmiles 1 for $40 equates to 32 airmiles. I am so peeved right now.
[OP]
Jul 5, 2013
29 posts
4 upvotes
Winnipeg
Talked with visions headquarters and they said they are aware of the issue and are giving me my airmiles back but will take a few weeks. I asked how many and he couldn't answer me. He also said the standard airmiles amount for my region (Manitoba) is 1 for every $100 spent. I can find no reference on the airmiles nor visions websites; everything I find is 1 For $40.