Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Visions Electronics

<visions electronic>Monster EA Sports MVP Carbon Gaming Headphone

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 31st, 2014 10:45 pm
Nov 9, 2008
164 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone tried these on the Xbox one... Any comments on quality of the headphones?
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2012
1071 posts
2378 upvotes
I've been using the mic that came with the 360 about 6 years ago. Terrible tv speakers too. Maybe I should get these.
2010-2023 Contest Winnings = $0
Jul 3, 2013
986 posts
678 upvotes
Kingston
Labrie wrote: Here you go, good luck!

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/ ... eceipt.jpg[/IMG]

I haven't had much time to test them out. I also haven't owned many high end headsets but I do own studio monitors I used to mix music on. At first listen they are clear sounding and good at reproducing bass for 30mm driver but I will need more time to really judge how they sound. I dislike the short length of cable between the mix amp and the headphones as you basically have to have it in your lap but I enjoy that the mic is removable. I also liked how they included adapters for pretty much anything you'd want to use these with besides XLR but I already have an adapter for that. Really good value at $55 I'd say.
If you have a PS4. Do you know if they work for the PS4?
Feb 7, 2004
593 posts
425 upvotes
St Thomas
Yes I have confirmed they work with my PS4. There's a bunch of adapters in the box for stereo and xbox 360, as well as USB and a 3.5 mm cord that plugs right into the PS4 controller.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2004
2049 posts
389 upvotes
Ontario
PM'd at staples successfully. They claimed it wasnt an authorized dealer, but use this site to prove them otherwise: http://www.monsterproducts.com/internat ... ntry=c#can

Great value here - using it as a skype headset, xbox 360 headset, phone headset and headphones. Now if I could only get the damn EA Sports logo off, I would be okay wearing these headphones in public!
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2004
1062 posts
38 upvotes
Just a heads up to everyone buying these, use two hands when removing them from your head.

I received a pair of these through a rewards program at work. The first pair had the left side die and the second pair had the right side die. On my third pair now, pulled them out of the box last night from my most recent warranty replacement.

I must say, Monster has been nothing short of excellent when it has come to replacing malfunctioning units.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2010
4586 posts
1251 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Jabb wrote: PM'd at staples successfully. They claimed it wasnt an authorized dealer, but use this site to prove them otherwise: http://www.monsterproducts.com/internat ... ntry=c#can

Great value here - using it as a skype headset, xbox 360 headset, phone headset and headphones. Now if I could only get the damn EA Sports logo off, I would be okay wearing these headphones in public!
Thanks! Great link you posted there.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
2031 posts
280 upvotes
fuhreal wrote: Just a heads up to everyone buying these, use two hands when removing them from your head.<br />
<br />
I received a pair of these through a rewards program at work. The first pair had the left side die and the second pair had the right side die. On my third pair now, pulled them out of the box last night from my most recent warranty replacement.<br />
<br />
I must say, Monster has been nothing short of excellent when it has come to replacing malfunctioning units.
<br />
<br />
Not sure if I understand correctly, what's the difference when you remove them with one hand as opposed two? What part of you're headset is prone to damage when you remove with one hand?
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2004
2049 posts
389 upvotes
Ontario
I think he means it might stress the frame of the headset
Aug 5, 2008
300 posts
132 upvotes
Rawdon
Got a brand new pair of those here that I received and will not be using, bought too many headphones recently. Willing to let go at cost to anyone in the sherbrooke region, or + shipping for anyone else. So 63.24$
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2009
2237 posts
570 upvotes
Kelowna
How do these compare to the Playstation Gold Wireless headset that was on sale mistakenly for $19.99? Anyone have both care to chime in?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3793 posts
2427 upvotes
West Coast
Thanks OP. Bit on this one.
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Sep 2, 2014
23 posts
22 upvotes
Vaudreuil-Dorion
Thanks! I bought those at Futureshop yesterday. They (the black version as those advertised) were on the clearance table for 100$. I've been able to pricematch them and get 55.65$ back!
Jul 3, 2013
986 posts
678 upvotes
Kingston
Just tried them with my PS4. They work great. U just have to plug it in via USB through the front usb port on the ps4. Game and Chat Audio work great!
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
CDNxBahrain wrote: Just tried them with my PS4. They work great. U just have to plug it in via USB through the front usb port on the ps4. Game and Chat Audio work great!
why not just plug it in to your DS4?

If it works on a cell phone with the mic it willl work that way too and then you don't have to worry about cable length(in fact I'm pretty sure ANY headset that will work with a phone can be used on the DS4)
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
3276 posts
1478 upvotes
CDNxBahrain wrote: Just tried them with my PS4. They work great. U just have to plug it in via USB through the front usb port on the ps4. Game and Chat Audio work great!
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I can't get these to work properly on the ps4. They sound like dollarama earphones when I plug in through usb. Did you leave the 3.5 audio jack out? I'm thinking I got a defective pair since the only thing that can be controlled is game audio lvl and it's VERY low. The strangest thing is that when I adjust the mic volume it changes the game audio not the mic volume.
Jul 3, 2013
986 posts
678 upvotes
Kingston
Viper98 wrote: why not just plug it in to your DS4?

If it works on a cell phone with the mic it willl work that way too and then you don't have to worry about cable length(in fact I'm pretty sure ANY headset that will work with a phone can be used on the DS4)
ya u can use the cord you'd use for your phone, but i think the mic would play out the lil hole control talk thing. I'd rather use the original mic.
Jul 3, 2013
986 posts
678 upvotes
Kingston
machoman wrote: I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I can't get these to work properly on the ps4. They sound like dollarama earphones when I plug in through usb. Did you leave the 3.5 audio jack out? I'm thinking I got a defective pair since the only thing that can be controlled is game audio lvl and it's VERY low. The strangest thing is that when I adjust the mic volume it changes the game audio not the mic volume.
[IMG]http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G ... dhs-lg.jpg[/IMG]
See the big cable on the bottom left of the pic. i connected the jack into the headphone and usb (opposite end) into the front ps4 usb port. worked perfectly for me.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
3276 posts
1478 upvotes
CDNxBahrain wrote: [IMG]http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G ... dhs-lg.jpg[/IMG]
See the big cable on the bottom left of the pic. i connected the jack into the headphone and usb (opposite end) into the front ps4 usb port. worked perfectly for me.
I must have a defective pair then because mine sound like garbage, no base at all. If anyone else has had this problem and knows how to fix it ( maybe in the settings or something) please let me know.
Jul 3, 2013
986 posts
678 upvotes
Kingston
that sucks man. try the regular headphone cord n test the headphones out with some music. see if they sound like ***** or not.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)