Hot Deals

[Visions Electronics] 50% off Boss 6.75" Touchscreen Double-DIN In Dash Receiver with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto

Oct 21, 2017
144 posts
77 upvotes
Just picked mine up from Scarborough location. No one answered the bell at the pick up door. Had to speak with the manager who got someone from the CS desk to go back and grab mine. 20 min ordeal.

I'm going to order my dash kit, SWC, harness, and antenna adapter soon and then I will update here after the install. You can basically wire and solder everything up outside the car, and plug and play after removing your existing stereo. The 18 second boot time does seem like a lot, but after starting the car, plugging in my phone, playing a playlist, and putting on maps, I feel like it won't bother me that much. But will have to see once I install it.
AT&T 25GB
Mar 22, 2006
33 posts
6 upvotes
Vancouver
I bought this about 2 weeks ago and installed it in my Honda Ridgeline truck.

Observations
- looks good
- Android auto and Apple Carplay work well.
- I bought my dash and wiring adapters from amazon and Crutchfield.ca
- I have not yet bought a steering wheel control adapter. I will be doing this.
- It was fairly straightforward to do the install. I watched about 5 Youtube videos on how to to it. Some soldering was required to the adapter.
- Boot up time is not bad. While booting it will show reverse cam which is cool.
- Lack of volume knob is a bit of a pain

Overall, I would say it is def worth $200 to me. I would do it again.
Jun 16, 2017
37 posts
17 upvotes
Markham
Bought this player and a Metra kit 2 weekends ago. I installed it this past weekend onto my old Ford Ranger.
It took me 2 hours connecting the metra kit to the player with butt connectors while watching netflix.
(And I am a complete newbie to this so if you know how to solder or you are experienced with wiring, you will be way quicker!)

As other reviewers have already said, boot up time is a bit on the long side.
But I quickly got used to that.

What annoys me is the lack of volume button.
However I also cannot justify an extra $300 to buy a more brand name double din just for a volume knob.

Overall, I am very satisfied with the player as it works really smooth and the mic is very clear!
And the touch screen is very responsive just like a smartphone! No lag whatsoever.
I don't think you can find a better player with both android and carplay support for sub $200.

Oh and don't forget to order your Metra kits before you do your install on older cars.
Rfd participation history:
Public Mobile 12GB LTE 90 days plan $120
Rockwell 20V Cordless Impact Wrench $114.93
Adidas Stan Smith $76.99
Orient Ray II Automatic Dive Watch $97.54
PIA $29.99/year
Rigid 5HP 4 Gal Portable Shop vac $43.98
Apr 29, 2014
827 posts
214 upvotes
Pickering, ON
Does this have a video output? I have a Boss flipdown monitor in the back for the kids but the right video format is hard to find.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
1988 posts
799 upvotes
Markham
does anyone know what is the approximate labour cost to install back up camera?
(or how much shops charges to install one?)

damn it seems like a lot of work