Expired Hot Deals

[Visions Electronics] Boss Audio Double-DIN 6.2" Touchscreen Bluetooth (BV9351RC) $98

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 25th, 2018 4:19 pm
[OP]
Nov 17, 2013
542 posts
67 upvotes
WINNIPEG

[Visions Electronics] Boss Audio Double-DIN 6.2" Touchscreen Bluetooth (BV9351RC) $98

Boss Audio Double-DIN 6.2" Touchscreen Bluetooth DVD Multimedia Player with Back Up Camera (BV9351RC)
Not sure about Boss Audio but think $100 for double din car deck with a back up camera is pretty good. Think closest match to this on Amazon goes for $198 with a backup camera.
Anyone have experience with the quality of this particular unit? For $98 I'd put it in my car which would hopefully be a big upgrade from my stock double din led stereo and finally add a backup camera to my car.
Dont think double din's are this cheap on kijiji.
40 replies
Apr 28, 2011
208 posts
127 upvotes
I can’t comment on this particular model but I had a different Boss deck similar to this and it worked OK. Wasn’t with out its issues but for $98 it’s a good deal for a basic upgrade from a stock deck on an older car. Thanks OP!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
6856 posts
525 upvotes
Waterloo
Stupid question I wanna add these 2 into both of my vehicles 2014 Hyundai Elantra and 2012 Chevrolet Orlando I may need a conversion correct? Does the camera come with the unit?
Nov 5, 2012
175 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
sassysue wrote:
Feb 17th, 2018 9:31 am
Stupid question I wanna add these 2 into both of my vehicles 2014 Hyundai Elantra and 2012 Chevrolet Orlando I may need a conversion correct? Does the camera come with the unit?
Yes you need a double din kit and conversion to install this. It doesn't come with the camera.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
6856 posts
525 upvotes
Waterloo
yuan23 wrote:
Feb 17th, 2018 9:41 am
Yes you need a double din kit and conversion to install this. It doesn't come with the camera.
Any recommendations on sites that has what we need instead shopping in the stars ive been shopping but most are only 4”
Jan 21, 2008
333 posts
98 upvotes
Good deal thanks OP.

Check out Crutchfield.ca for all the installation hardware, just select your vehicle and it will show you all the hardware you need. Crutchfield has free shipping in Ontario.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
6856 posts
525 upvotes
Waterloo
wronguy wrote:
Feb 17th, 2018 9:48 am
Good deal thanks OP.

Check out Crutchfield.ca for all the installation hardware, just select your vehicle and it will show you all the hardware you need. Crutchfield has free shipping in Ontario.
I’ve checked and the most they have is 4”
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2003 posts
721 upvotes
yuan23 wrote:
Feb 17th, 2018 9:41 am
It does or it doesn’t? The title clearly states “with Back Up Camera” ???
iamalittlepepper wrote:
Aug 13th, 2012 2:55 am
Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote:
Jan 13th, 2015 12:56 pm
you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Nov 5, 2012
175 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
djredhat wrote:
Feb 17th, 2018 11:20 am
It does or it doesn’t? The title clearly states “with Back Up Camera” ???
Yes the title is confusing. I check what's included in the package and there's no camera. Or maybe they are including a camera that's usually sold separately?

EDIT: It does come with the camera.

https://www.bossaudio.com/product/car-v ... bvb9364rc/
Sep 9, 2006
41 posts
19 upvotes
SirVicksalot wrote:
Feb 16th, 2018 8:10 pm
I can’t comment on this particular model but I had a different Boss deck similar to this and it worked OK. Wasn’t with out its issues but for $98 it’s a good deal for a basic upgrade from a stock deck on an older car. Thanks OP!
I don't have experience with that exact model, but I do have a couple year older model Bose that I got for the same price at Visions. Mine has a CD/DVD player. Sound wise it's pretty decent as long as you don't use the front/back fader or side to side fader. For some reason the volume drops off significantly.
One thing to watch for (well a couple things) - The interface/menu system is really bad and slow. That might be different on this newer one (though it looks really similar in the photos) The SD card music player is so painfully slow that I only gave it a shot once. I leave an iPod hooked into it and use that about half the time, but again, the interface to access it is awful so I mostly use the iPod on shuffle. My older model came with bluetooth version 2 - so the sound quality on bluetooth is really poor, for short trips I'll use it because it's really reliable and convenient, but for longer road trips I plug my phone in via the aux cable and it's light years better. Bluetooth phone calls work really well and are reliable. It came with a microphone.

All in all, it's not bad, but back then what I really wanted was an android in dash double din, and those were running about $300. So for the $98 bucks I found it a good deal. I've yet to get a backup camera for mine, but want one.