Boxing Day 2013 Deals Archive

Visions Electronics Boxing Day Flyer is Live! Online Sales Start at 8pm EST 12/24

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2014 2:48 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2007
2252 posts
296 upvotes
Edmonton
wranglery wrote:
Dec 25th, 2013 10:13 am
Actually, I do have a RD in my car for the last 9 years. It's old and won't detect laser so don't know if the police here is using laser. But it does help me detect the trap a few times I am speeding or not. It's time to get a newer model that won't give me false alarm all the time.
I have been driving for 20+ years and never gotten a speeding ticket. Just follow speed limit and you won't need a RD.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1277 posts
322 upvotes
Calgary
wranglery wrote:
Dec 25th, 2013 10:13 am
Actually, I do have a RD in my car for the last 9 years. It's old and won't detect laser so don't know if the police here is using laser. But it does help me detect the trap a few times I am speeding or not. It's time to get a newer model that won't give me false alarm all the time.
If you have a couple of cars with you they usually go radar then swap to laser to verify. False alarms are everywhere, getting worse with the Audis and their lane departure/blind spot detection, along with all the car alarms.
Banned
Jun 22, 2012
4737 posts
682 upvotes
Shhanada
Mayosandwich wrote:
Dec 25th, 2013 10:02 am
Im gonna line up at the store tomrw for the 1000W JBL mono amp, thats a smokin deal for one of the best amps made in recent years. Wow what a crazy price. Im gonna pair it with a 4ohm DVC alpine type R. Upgrading from a 400W kicker mono, so should be a huge upgrade.
I presume you mean JL Audio? The one that is refurbished/B-stock? I wondered if the 500W non-refurb version for half the price might be better value?
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
2015 posts
496 upvotes
Toronto
Stupid question but if I have a factory installed (from Mazda) remote starter how much work is it to switch over to the Viper? Will I need to get everything replaced? Trying to avoid going back to Mazda for installation (warranty purposes).

[IMG]http://www.visions.ca/Images/Catalogue/ ... XV_m_1.jpg[/IMG]

http://www.visions.ca/catalogue/categor ... VIPER875XV
Jan 16, 2010
26 posts
How is the Samsung soundbar for $128, was looking for one.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9820 posts
855 upvotes
wranglery wrote:
Dec 25th, 2013 7:13 am
Yes, their site says that only Alberta, BC & Sask are allowed to use a RD. I also listen to News1130 for the traffic reports on and off to check for any police trap. Since I am on Hwy 1 everyday, I think it'll be a wise investment to get one in my case. As for left (outside?) vs right (inside?), it may not work depends on the street. One time they were hiding on Terminal just outside the GM dealership before Home Depot. Staying on the right lane actually could get caught. Same situation along Great Northern Way west bound.
Highway one is without a doubt a hot spot but its generally a hot spot via patrol instead of traps. At least that was my experience while driving there (tho only from Vancouver to SFU section so small section of the HW tho i use Lougheed during rush hours as it ends up being faster than HW1) for 5 yrs. Don't think the radar will help you much vs patrols.
Banned
Jun 28, 2012
5562 posts
813 upvotes
Calgary
SurplusPlus wrote:
Dec 25th, 2013 9:01 pm
I presume you mean JL Audio? The one that is refurbished/B-stock? I wondered if the 500W non-refurb version for half the price might be better value?
The 1000W JL should be new no?

Honestly, 500W is not that much bass once you properly set your amp gains. Im a basshead and on my current 400W Kicker mono amp, I cant even set my gain half way. I have good bass but after I put in a 4ch Alpine MRP550 for my speakers, its not earth shattering anymore, due to the extra power going to my speakers. Technically, your sub/amp power should be at least 3-4 times what your speakers amp puts out. I would love to just upgrade to 700 or 800W for my sub/amp but it seems there isnt really any in that power range sold locally. Its either 400/500W or 1000W, no happy medium.
May 14, 2004
937 posts
575 upvotes
Vancouver
Less than 50 people lined up at the SE Marine Drive store around 5:35am. They let people in around 5:50am. Yes, I did pick up the 9500ix even though the salesman tried to up sell me to one that is almost $200 more. He said he already gave me a deal. Forget it.

I noticed people got pulled on the side by unmarked police cars once a while in the Burnaby stretch, less so east of the Port Mann Bridge. But it's just one of the highway I drive. I also go down to I5 often but have not seen that many police from the border to Bellingham though.
Banned
Jun 22, 2012
4737 posts
682 upvotes
Shhanada
Mayosandwich wrote:
Dec 26th, 2013 3:30 am
The 1000W JL should be new no?

Honestly, 500W is not that much bass once you properly set your amp gains. Im a basshead and on my current 400W Kicker mono amp, I cant even set my gain half way. I have good bass but after I put in a 4ch Alpine MRP550 for my speakers, its not earth shattering anymore, due to the extra power going to my speakers. Technically, your sub/amp power should be at least 3-4 times what your speakers amp puts out. I would love to just upgrade to 700 or 800W for my sub/amp but it seems there isnt really any in that power range sold locally. Its either 400/500W or 1000W, no happy medium.
Well the online description is "JL Audio JX 1000 Watt at 2 Ohms Mono Aamplifier - B-Stock (JLJX10001B)" and there's a big red note that says "This item is refurbished and comes with a 6 month manufacturer's warranty."
Deal Addict
May 28, 2005
1600 posts
118 upvotes
Did anyone that ordered online have their order shipped yet? Mine still says "in process" for the past 4 days.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1277 posts
322 upvotes
Calgary
icemiko wrote:
Dec 30th, 2013 4:37 pm
Did anyone that ordered online have their order shipped yet? Mine still says "in process" for the past 4 days.
Mine shipped today.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
1901 posts
339 upvotes
Waterloo
Super disappointed... I ordered the Monster Turbine Copper Pro with Control Talk and I got the regular one with no Control Talk instead... will need to call customer service on Thursday.
Congratulations!
Today is YOUR day.
You're off to great places!
You're off and away!
Deal Expert
Oct 10, 2006
22205 posts
136 upvotes
Victoria
cadave wrote:
Dec 31st, 2013 12:27 pm
Super disappointed... I ordered the Monster Turbine Copper Pro with Control Talk and I got the regular one with no Control Talk instead... will need to call customer service on Thursday.
That sucks. Hope they make it right.