Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Visions Electronics

[?DEAD, CC web listing disappeared] Klipsch Promedia 2.1 computer speakers Pricematch at visions for $160 before tax

Dec 30, 2006
331 posts
330 upvotes
Oakville

[Visions Electronics] [?DEAD, CC web listing disappeared] Klipsch Promedia 2.1 computer speakers Pricematch at visions for $160 before tax

Hello
I was looking for some computer speakers and read a lot of good reviews about the Klipsch Promedia 2.1 speakers and found them online at canada computers on sale for $169.99 when i googled them.

[EDIT: It looks like the web listing for canada computers that showed the $169 price/sale is gone... so can't price match now... ] https://www.canadacomputers.com/product ... _id=029785

Visions has them on sale from $299 to $228 and so they agreed to price match and with their 15% off the difference further discount it comes out to $160 before taxes.

The only concern i have is that there are only 2 in stock in BC on canada computers website but Visions didn't raise that issue. I'm not sure when sale ends... I suspect the ones in BC might be clearance items b/c when I look at canada computers website they show the Klipsch Promedia 2.1 speakers for normal price of $299. So be careful how you show the canada computers website! You need to show the BC stock and also there are two listings for these speakers for some reason, one that is $169 and another that is $299.

I think these speakers sound great on quick listen and for $160 plus tax $180, given the quality I think it's a good value. So i'm getting a second pair in case these break down the line so I have a backup... I just really like good audio sound and versus some edifiers I bought recently and old logitech speakers or old altec lansing ones I had, these are really much much clearer and balanced from low to high and warm.

I think this is a good deal based on the regular prices I've seen being $200-300 and I know they are old and may have been cheaper in past, but at least right now this seems good.

Note these don't have the THX certification that they used to and seems to be what is mainly reviewed but i've read some reviews that suggest there isn't much difference and maybe it was just that they didn't want to pay for the certification?

Would love thoughts on this deal... because if not great deal then maybe I should return the second pair... :) And I can try to delete this thread if not hot/warm enough. :)
Last edited by artemis_xxx on Oct 31st, 2019 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6858 posts
5573 upvotes
M-Arkham
I wonder how they compare to the razer mako I found for $200
Signature removed due to rule violation
Sep 28, 2009
468 posts
443 upvotes
I have these hooked up to a record player and they sound great! Got them FREE through Air Miles though so can't comment on the deal.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2005
4734 posts
147 upvotes
Markham/GTA
Best computer speakers ever. I might pick up another spare.

Edit: These no longer have THX certification??
Tangerine, GreatCanadianRebates, Rakuten, Coinbase, Shakepay
Dec 30, 2006
331 posts
330 upvotes
Oakville
yoshim wrote: Best computer speakers ever. I might pick up another spare.

Yes I understand from reviews that they stopped getting the certification but it should be similar quality, just saving fees?

If you are thinking of picking up spare, then that is exactly what I'm wrestling with... is this a good deal to justify buying a spare now or should i just wait for future potential sale? But from what I can find online for pricing it seems like this is a good low price (not considering years ago when they were cheaper and it seems prices went up!).
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
4150 posts
3251 upvotes
Toronto
yoshim wrote: Best computer speakers ever. I might pick up another spare.

The THX certification didn't mean much when the Promedias were originally released back in the early 2000's. It was primarily marketing and getting a footing in the high end PC audio market for Klipsch. Now that they are well established, a THX certification is bit frivolous at this point (and Klipsch saves some cash). If you want them, you already know what you're getting.
Dec 30, 2006
331 posts
330 upvotes
Oakville
Two thumbs down on this thread is not looking good... does this mean the price is not good? I dont' have good perspective on this product and price range, so would appreciate feedback on the deal -- does anyone have some price history or suggestions of what would be a good deal for these? I thought it was a good deal so ordered another pair. If it's not good deal, maybe i should return the extra pair I bought?
thank you
Dec 11, 2006
44 posts
13 upvotes
Belleville
I had the 4.1 setup about 10+ years ago when they first came out. I can say that not one thing about these will disappoint you. The sound was impressive to say the least. I was amazed at the sound quality and the fact that you could crank it up quite loud with very little distortion.

Oct 27, 2013
262 posts
163 upvotes
I got it PM'd at memoryexpress - so less than $160 all in. Set it up - and they sound great for the size.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2006
1194 posts
266 upvotes
these are good. im still rocking my z5500 from 12 years ago

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)