[Visions Electronics] drone on sale $49.00

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 21st, 2017 7:37 am
[OP]
Dec 29, 2016
8 posts
4 upvotes

[Visions Electronics] drone on sale $49.00

Xtreme’s Mini Raptor Aerial Quadcopter with Stabilization is a ready to fly, with a remote control (Requires four AA batteries, not included) at 9" it is portable and great for travel.
14 replies
Jun 26, 2013
354 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
Is this a good one? I am looking for one of these as a birthday present to my son.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2004
1531 posts
127 upvotes
Edmonton
Costco has something similar for $30
[OP]
Dec 29, 2016
8 posts
4 upvotes
Also Walmart has it for same price got good reviews on walmart site
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
1997 posts
296 upvotes
Da boot
5abi wrote:
Mar 9th, 2017 9:40 am
Costco has something similar for $30
Is that one any good? I'm very burned after getting a Sharper Image DX1 drone that doesn't even stablize from WM as a gift.
Sep 8, 2006
212 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
ph00p wrote:
Mar 9th, 2017 11:29 am
Is that one any good? I'm very burned after getting a Sharper Image DX1 drone that doesn't even stablize from WM as a gift.
How much did you buy it for? Sharper Image recently had a sale at Walmart on Black Friday, $100 down to $40. But that was a specific type.
Oct 26, 2009
78 posts
31 upvotes
Edmonton
Please stop referring to these types of quadcopters or multirotors as "drones". Drones are a weapon delivery system the US military uses to kill foreign civilians with complete impunity. The term "drone" should not be diluted down to equate to a hobbyists toy. It's a very important distinction.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
3687 posts
550 upvotes
Vancouver
colgem wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 5:51 pm
Please stop referring to these types of quadcopters or multirotors as "drones". Drones are a weapon delivery system the US military uses to kill foreign civilians with complete impunity. The term "drone" should not be diluted down to equate to a hobbyists toy. It's a very important distinction.
Actually a drone is just an unmanned flying aircraft. Just because you've associated the word with drone strikes and killing machines doesn't mean its usage here is incorrect. A gun can kill just as much as it can provide entertainment as a child's water-filled play thing. If you want to be absolutely accurate with your terminology, you'd be better off calling the drones you are referring to as UAVs because we do not operate drones autonomously to kill targets. Recreational UAVs can have an autonomous element and fly themselves meaning they are actually better suited in being called "drones".
Nov 1, 2015
157 posts
31 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
I know a lot of people aren't happy about the previous regulations that were in place that have now been made into a law.. but I just thought I'd once again clarify on this thread too:
On Thursday, federal Transport Minister Marc Garneau announced the new rules, which are effective immediately. Recreational users will face a fine of up to $3,000 if drones weighing more than 250 grams are caught flying under the following circumstances:

Higher than 90 metres.
Within 75 metres of buildings, vehicles, vessels, animals or people.
More than 500 metres away from the user.
At night, in clouds or somewhere you can't see it.
Within nine kilometres of somewhere aircraft take off or land, or a forest fire.
Without your name, address and phone number marked on the drone itself.
Over forest fires, emergency response scenes or controlled airspace.
Similar to 'hoverboards' many fines involving drones can greatly eclipse the cost of the product itself. As a heads up, 9km from where an aircraft takes off or lands essentially means nothing in MetroVancouver or GTA. Just because certain areas have signs that say No Drones, doesn't mean other areas without the sign allows drones (one of the main thing people have brought up when caught using a drone in an area that isn't allowed). 9km is absurd that's currently the law =/

Just as a heads up for people, especially those giving them away as gifts who may not have done the research themselves.
Mar 8, 2004
661 posts
65 upvotes
Brampton
sirisak wrote:
Mar 9th, 2017 9:35 am
Is this a good one? I am looking for one of these as a birthday present to my son.
I'd recommend this. http://www.staples.ca/en/Quadrone-Spark ... CA_1_20001

I bought one for my wife to learn with. Props are protected so less chance of anyone getting hurt or things being damaged. Plus it lights up like a Christmas tree. Makes for some nice night flying.

It's a rebranded version of this
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel