Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Visions Electronics

KEF LS50 Rose Gold Uni-Q Drivers Monitor Speakers - Gloss Black - Pair $1198

Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2006
3784 posts
6265 upvotes
Just wait another month for Black Friday.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2003
7248 posts
1322 upvotes
London
Call Mike or Rico and mention Hibbing. Winking Face No need to wait for Boxing Day or Black Friday.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19713 posts
13577 upvotes
Ottawa
great speakers. the gold is a bit too garish for my living room....wife would never go for it.

Like the black edition

ls50-all-black-side-pair.jpg
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Aug 29, 2001
600 posts
414 upvotes
Toronto
is this thread mostly visions sales people/friends/family posting?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8993 posts
1532 upvotes
warpdrive wrote: great speakers. the gold is a bit too garish for my living room....wife would never go for it.

Like the black edition

ls50-all-black-side-pair.jpg
I prefer the white ls50w. Wife said no, so I went with grey. To bad, cause I think it would have looked amazing sitting next to a white svs sb1000.
baseline wrote: is this thread mostly visions sales people/friends/family posting?
Why do you say that?
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2012
1170 posts
1056 upvotes
Ottawa
I bought a set of used LS50's for 800$. They look and sound great. Mind you I have a really weak receiver powering them and hoping to upgrade in the future. I wouldn't mind getting one for my center channel someday.
May 2, 2017
100 posts
113 upvotes
Wonderful speakers have had them since their release. If you can find them for $999 that’s awesome. Think I paid $1200 but that was 6 years ago.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2003
1206 posts
128 upvotes
Have you guys use them in a 5.1 application or just the pair by themselves?
Deal Addict
Jun 2, 2012
1600 posts
950 upvotes
GTA
Fire Man wrote: Have you guys use them in a 5.1 application or just the pair by themselves?
these would mainly be for music... so 2.0 or 2.1
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19713 posts
13577 upvotes
Ottawa
Fire Man wrote: Have you guys use them in a 5.1 application or just the pair by themselves?
they used to only sell them in pairs, but seeing that some people wanted to use them for HT, they started selling single speakers on the kef web site (not worth it of course, you should just buy a pair and split it). They don't have Atmos add ons or any other matching surround speakers, so they were clearly aimed at the 2.x user.
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
May 30, 2013
609 posts
763 upvotes
Markham
Keep in mind that the LS50 is a very power hungry speaker, a cheap or even a mid-tier AV reciever won't drive it properly without a powerful external amp.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8993 posts
1532 upvotes
chanc2 wrote: Keep in mind that the LS50 is a very power hungry speaker, a cheap or even a mid-tier AV reciever won't drive it properly without a powerful external amp.
Where do you get that it requires a very high power amp? Even though I agree that more wattage is usually very good with most speakers, I will disagree that the ls50 requires huge amperage.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
21468 posts
4884 upvotes
YUL
r1lee wrote: Where do you get that it requires a very high power amp? Even though I agree that more wattage is usually very good with most speakers, I will disagree that the ls50 requires huge amperage.
Wattage means nothing with high end speakers. It's all about current. My 20w Naim Nait 1 from 1984 can drive LS50s with ease, while a 200w home theater receiver would struggle.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
najibs wrote: Wattage means nothing with high end speakers. It's all about current. My 20w Naim Nait 1 from 1984 can drive LS50s with ease, while a 200w home theater receiver would struggle.
P=IV Watts. What's the voltage?

...and I find the usage of the word "drive" a bit misleading (assuming I understand the issue correctly). Current is not push, it's drawn...by the load. The load being the drivers. The more correct wording is 'deliver', amp is a power delivery system to the speakers. Not sure why 'drive' is commonly used though. Or maybe I'm totally wrong on this.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19713 posts
13577 upvotes
Ottawa
the measurements show the LS50 is only a moderately difficult load.....and has low sensitivity so a more powerful amp that's rated for 4 ohm loads is probably best. Since this is a high end bookshelf, you presumably would match it to something better than a T-Amp or $200 AV receiver.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/kef ... asurements
Jun 27, 2011
336 posts
528 upvotes
MONTRÉAL
I have these hooked up to a SimAudio Moon i5.3 and the sound is just breathtaking. Would definately pay that price again for the pair.