Expired Hot Deals

[Visions Electronics] Lenovo TAB 10 with Android 6.0 10 Inch Screen 1GB RAM and 16GB Storage + Sylvania Bluetooth OnEar Headphones $109 W/FS

Feb 6, 2008
778 posts
269 upvotes
Hamilton
Great deal, thanks!
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
2307 posts
376 upvotes
Vancouver
Archer79 wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 11:06 am
Both my kids have one. For the price, excellent! But the 1GB ram is slow. Has great speakers, battery, resolution, cameras, and Android 6. Great for Kodi, Netflix, utube, websurf, social media. Will lag on demanding apps like video editing such as Music.ly.

No regrets. Ensure you do all the updates when it arrives. There were several.
Same experience. I bought one each for the kids and a luddite sister. For their purposes, it's fine. There are a few threads here on this machine, as it's popped-up at this price earlier in the year. The headphones are a bonus.

One odd quirk I came across with one of them, I found the display glitched quite regularly and I had to reboot. My son had the brightness to full, and when I turned it down a bit the glitching seemed to stop (knock on wood). Not sure if anyone else has come across that.

Keeping the price in perspective, it's a good name-brand tablet for non-power users; you're not paying much less for a RCA or other tier-two manufacturer. At this price, I won't sweat it if the kids are rough with it. The headphones are a bonus, so this is a good deal. Thanks OP.
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15522 posts
962 upvotes
Bishop8 wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 1:32 pm
you're not paying much less for a RCA or other tier-two manufacturer.
The Bluetooth headphones despite being Sylvania (Curtis) make this deal is comparable to the RCA tablets IMO. The 10" RCA goes on sale at Walmart for $108 on a regular basis...but it comes with a docking keyboard.

However, RCA doesn't offer any security updates/patches so if Lenovo has been pushing out updates for this tab then this is certainly a superior deal.
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?http://forums.redflagdeals.com/wegmans- ... #p27788812
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2004
2781 posts
238 upvotes
The main issue I have with this tablet and other non-mainstream models is lack of rugged cases.
Nov 30, 2016
88 posts
21 upvotes
This will be perfect for travelling, primarily as a video player for Westjet flights since they did away with the seatbacks. Will use the headphones for the same purpose. Decent bundle deal. Thanks op!
Nov 25, 2015
42 posts
24 upvotes
Arva, ON
Jjcbalak wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 6:12 am
1 GB ram wtf, my 2014 tablet has 3gb and I find myself using around 2.2gb on normal use.
That's the way it's supposed to work ... the OS is *supposed* to use basically all the RAM it has, that's why it's there. There's virtually no point in having unused RAM, so the OS tends to fill it up. If the OS needs more RAM for a new program you're opening, it simply clears out some of the background programs it's been keeping in RAM (that were there in case you wanted to open them quickly again).

So having less RAM generally means fewer unused programs can stay in RAM, which means they'll take a few microseconds longer to load the next time you want to use it. But aside from memory-intensive programs like hi-res games, less RAM doesn't automatically equate to a slower machine.

Anyhow, thanks OP, I grabbed one of these, I'm sure it'll work just fine.
Oct 26, 2010
901 posts
353 upvotes
Edmonton
newfbc wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 11:08 am
Typical Visions sale - B Grade junk! :)

Ron.
It's better than their usual Proscan garbage tablets. Those things have like a 90% return rate
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
2307 posts
376 upvotes
Vancouver
sfayerman wrote:
Jul 15th, 2017 12:51 am
Does anyone know of a suitable case for this tablet. Something rugged similar to this one

Bobj for Lenovo Tab 2 A10-70, A10-70F and Lenovo Tab 3 TB3-X70L, TB3-X70F – BobjGear Protective Tablet Cover (Gotcha Green) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B017OMSEKY/ref ... AzbQF85RXT
It also trades under the model x103f:

https://www.amazon.ca/Bobj-Rugged-Lenov ... novo+x103f
Dec 5, 2015
137 posts
172 upvotes
Verdun, QC
Got one for 3 YO she loves it. Got some heavy duty case on it. I rather she breaks this 100$ tablet instead of my 1000$ phone. Also Samsung's kids mode makes it out of the box ready for usage. Highly recommended.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2009
2734 posts
401 upvotes
ain't these the same tablet i found in walmart back during jan or feb for like $80
2x Zoomer $36 for 2GB and unlimited call
1x Fido $34 for 2GB w/ unlimited Can Wide and spotify
Jan 12, 2017
883 posts
120 upvotes
Is the resolution 720p at least? If yes good for kids or seniors.. Or ipcam
Add me on PSN: hubu2017 SFV ps4 aka Mikka1989