Expired Hot Deals

[Visions Electronics] Lenovo TAB 10 with Android 6.0 10 Inch Screen 1GB RAM and 16GB Storage + Sylvania Bluetooth OnEar Headphones $109 W/FS

Mar 18, 2015
10 posts
2 upvotes
Milton, ON
Brewmeanie wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 3:21 am
ain't these the same tablet i found in walmart back during jan or feb for like $80
Yes, it's the same tablet. I purchased 4 back then and got 2 more this time. They are perfect gifts for relatives/kids when traveling overseas.

Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
2945 posts
2106 upvotes
Burnaby
Brewmeanie wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 3:21 am
ain't these the same tablet i found in walmart back during jan or feb for like $80
I also think it's the same model. In June it wasn't $80, it was $58. It was first reported as a YMMV in store clearance item and later on it was reported as reduced price item in WM's weekly flyer. IIRC, there were some confusions at WalMart about this item and quite a few people reported not being able to get the deal when it was featured in the flyer.

Threads: WM ad attached.

This bundle for $109 at Visions is OK because it includes a tablet plus a BT on-ear headphone set. Good find OP.
Images
  • WalmartEFlyerTablets-June-12-2017.JPG
yare yare daze...

[space reserved for peddling, shilling, self-promotion and advertising]
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
8497 posts
2023 upvotes
Toronto
mikka2017 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 3:44 am
Is the resolution 720p at least? If yes good for kids or seniors.. Or ipcam
1280 X 800, I believe.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2005
1350 posts
623 upvotes
has anyone used these lenovo tablets plugged into the charger 24/7? If so any heating, battery or performance issues?

I had an old android phone that I was using as a photo frame / alarm clock (plugged in all the time) that recently crapped out.

I've read reports from some that it is safe to do, as there is some smart circuitry that prevents the unit from overcharging - so I'm not sure if my phone biting the bullet was a coincidence or not. At the above price, this lenovo tablet would make a great replacement but just wondering if anyone has any experience with leaving their's charging all the time.
Always hungry ;)
Oct 27, 2009
396 posts
20 upvotes
Calgary
killbillvol1 wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 2:12 pm
The main issue I have with this tablet and other non-mainstream models is lack of rugged cases.
I've this one from Amazon.ca for $16, Fintie Lenovo Tab 2 A10 / Lenovo TAB-X103F Tab 10 Case - Ultra Slim Light Weight Cover with Auto Sleep/Wake Feature.
Sep 8, 2014
268 posts
579 upvotes
I bought one of these during the Walmart sales. It is used mostly for watching video and movies and for that purpose it is fantastic. A nice cheap 10" screen for watching movies on the road or in airports. The processor is really weak though and I hate browsing on it.
The speakers and screen are well above average. I would have easily paid another $40 to get slightly better processor and another 1gb or RAM.
Nov 30, 2016
94 posts
36 upvotes
Got mine today (impressed how fast it was delivered). The tablet itself is great for the purpose I need it for, as others have said though I wouldn't recommend it for browsing as it is pretty sluggish.

The headphones are nothing special but not terrible either.
Feb 6, 2008
816 posts
286 upvotes
Hamilton
seagull1987 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 8:39 pm
Got mine today (impressed how fast it was delivered). The tablet itself is great for the purpose I need it for, as others have said though I wouldn't recommend it for browsing as it is pretty sluggish.

Do the headphones have an SD card slot on them? I read somewhere they do...
Nov 30, 2016
94 posts
36 upvotes
shwab wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 11:04 pm
Do the headphones have an SD card slot on them? I read somewhere they do...
They do not
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2005
1350 posts
623 upvotes
V8LESS wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 7:18 pm
I've this one from Amazon.ca for $16, Fintie Lenovo Tab 2 A10 / Lenovo TAB-X103F Tab 10 Case - Ultra Slim Light Weight Cover with Auto Sleep/Wake Feature.
Is this the case you bought? (black)
https://www.amazon.ca/Fintie-Lenovo-Tab ... B012F1WXUQ

If so how well does it fit and does the smart wake/sleep feature work? Can you tell me how thick the case is with the tablet inserted?

seagull1987 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 8:39 pm

When did you order? Is it shipping from within Ontario?
Always hungry ;)
May 11, 2008
86 posts
14 upvotes
Milton
nintendo wrote:
Jul 18th, 2017 8:53 am
Ships from Richmond BC. Mine just went out yesterday and I purchased on Saturday.
Cheers 'n Beers.
Haz.
Nov 30, 2016
94 posts
36 upvotes
nintendo wrote:
Jul 18th, 2017 8:53 am
Is this the case you bought? (black)
https://www.amazon.ca/Fintie-Lenovo-Tab ... B012F1WXUQ

If so how well does it fit and does the smart wake/sleep feature work? Can you tell me how thick the case is with the tablet inserted?

That's the case I bought. Seems decent for the price. The smart wake-up/sleep feature doesn't appear to be working but I may have to play around with the settings.

I can check the thickness later for you. I ordered in on Friday and it was here by Monday, I live in northern Alberta, and that's pretty rare to see.
Nov 30, 2016
94 posts
36 upvotes
V8LESS wrote:
Jul 18th, 2017 1:18 pm
Yes, that's the one and fits like a glove i.e. doesn't make it bulkier or heavier
Correct. Here it is in the case: