Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Visions Electronics

Lenovo TAB 10 with Android 6.0 10 Inch Screen 1GB RAM and 16GB Storage + Sylvania Bluetooth OnEar Headphones $109 W/FS

Nov 23, 2015
907 posts
595 upvotes
I bought this tablet for my 60-something mom from Walmart last Christmas, mainly to replace a much smaller and older Samsung tablet.

The end result is that my mom still prefers the older Samsung device... the Lenovo is really sluggish and resolution is low. And after using it a bit I see what she means.

Neither of us are really picky people when it comes to tech, we're usually fine with "Visions B-grade crap" as someone else in this thread put it. But for anyone who needs anything more than gmail, Netflix and other such basic apps I'd look past this model.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2011
1591 posts
1791 upvotes
Vancouver
reggielist wrote: So, this deal is for $109 with headphones for a tablet that was earlier on sale for $58?

Is that about right?
When you put it that way, it doesn't sound like a deal after all
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2005
1749 posts
1361 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote: It does hurt the battery. A normal Li-ion battery will last around 500-600 charging cycles. Consistently charging even small charge like that will deplete the battery and the battery will expand.
So probably within one year, your battery is virtually dead. However, you wouldn't care because it is always plugged in. As a matter of fact, it may even be better if you open up the tablet and remove the battery altogether just so after it expand, it wont create pressure inside the tablet.
This may explain why my old phone is dead. I had it plugged in 24/7 for the past 10 months and recently the battery would drop anywhere from 40-80% charge to zero in an instant. When I researched this, a lot of people said it was actually an android issue - so I'm not 100% sure it was a result of leaving the phone connected to a power source for a long duration (though it's likely possible). Even after 'repairing and calibrating' the battery with certain apps, the problem still continues and I can't even use this phone as an alarm / picture frame anymore. Because when the phone is connected to a power source, the battery will still randomly spike down to zero, forcing the phone to automatically reset to the large 'battery charging' icon status screen :(

I don't think i can remove the battery because I read somewhere that a small battery charge is required on the phone's android boot or something.

If anyone knows if there is some setting or app that will allow android not to reset to the battery charging screen when the battery hits zero, please share!
Always hungry ;)
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2004
2681 posts
1482 upvotes
Hometown
Ingmar wrote: I found a time machine... It's back in stock at walmart for $58. I just ordered one.
Me too, thanks for posting. Not holding my breath though I ordered one the last time and missed out when the order was canceled with no explanation.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2011
2184 posts
252 upvotes
Ottawa
Ingmar wrote: I found a time machine... It's back in stock at walmart for $58. I just ordered one.
I bought 3 quantities of the Visions deal for 2 of my cousins and a co-worker. Now you made me buy 6 more from Walmart (gifts for relatives in 3rd world countries). Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2004
5143 posts
2181 upvotes
Mississauga
Ordered one as well. Thx!
I hope it's not some system error.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2011
2596 posts
2946 upvotes
Calgary
I know this one is bad for browsing. How about facebook?
Rule No.1 here: Buy first, Think afterwards.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
4863 posts
3538 upvotes
Burnaby
And here that I thought that I'd be asked to provide a tardis when I posted the tablet's price history!

Hopefully people will get it this time. The good thing with Walmart is that returns are painless [if after a test ride someone finds this tablet inadequate for their needs and wants].

Incompetent workers (and criminals) cover each other's "lower back"
Keywords: doxxers, moles, security breaches, cs*s,
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for posting this.Hope they go through.
Added to the OP.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.

Respect your OP's. They don't get paid to do this, and don't have to come here to post their deals for you. They can all just hoard their deals in silence, if you prefer?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5259 posts
3660 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
theflyingsquirrel wrote: It does hurt the battery. A normal Li-ion battery will last around 500-600 charging cycles. Consistently charging even small charge like that will deplete the battery and the battery will expand.
So probably within one year, your battery is virtually dead. However, you wouldn't care because it is always plugged in. As a matter of fact, it may even be better if you open up the tablet and remove the battery altogether just so after it expand, it wont create pressure inside the tablet.

Agree. What is the point of buying a cheap tablet and spend 20% more on a casing? Just tape some form around the side and corner to avoid cracking the screen.
Wrong.

The charge cycle are for complete drain and recharge. Those small 5% drop are not considered a charge cycle. The battery will last for 3-4 year easily

The only thing that can arm the battery faster is the constant battery cells pressure cause by a full charge capacity. This phenomenon will probably reduce the battery life by an extra 5-10% in 3-4 years
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9827 posts
5822 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
nintendo wrote: This may explain why my old phone is dead. I had it plugged in 24/7 for the past 10 months and recently the battery would drop anywhere from 40-80% charge to zero in an instant. When I researched this, a lot of people said it was actually an android issue - so I'm not 100% sure it was a result of leaving the phone connected to a power source for a long duration (though it's likely possible). Even after 'repairing and calibrating' the battery with certain apps, the problem still continues and I can't even use this phone as an alarm / picture frame anymore. Because when the phone is connected to a power source, the battery will still randomly spike down to zero, forcing the phone to automatically reset to the large 'battery charging' icon status screen :(

I don't think i can remove the battery because I read somewhere that a small battery charge is required on the phone's android boot or something.

If anyone knows if there is some setting or app that will allow android not to reset to the battery charging screen when the battery hits zero, please share!
Why don't you replace the battery? It will fix all the problems.
vonblock wrote: Wrong.

The charge cycle are for complete drain and recharge. Those small 5% drop are not considered a charge cycle. The battery will last for 3-4 year easily

The only thing that can arm the battery faster is the constant battery cells pressure cause by a full charge capacity. This phenomenon will probably reduce the battery life by an extra 5-10% in 3-4 years
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/arti ... _batteries
...Li-ion cannot absorb overcharge. When fully charged, the charge current must be cut off. A continuous trickle charge would cause plating of metallic lithium and compromise safety. To minimize stress, keep the lithium-ion battery at the peak cut-off as short as possible....

...Some portable devices sit in a charge cradle in the ON position. The current drawn through the device is called the parasitic load and can distort the charge cycle. Battery manufacturers advise against parasitic loads while charging because they induce mini-cycles. This cannot always be avoided and a laptop connected to the AC main is such a case. The battery might be charged to 4.20V/cell and then discharged by the device. The stress level on the battery is high because the cycles occur at the high-voltage threshold, often also at elevated temperature.

A portable device should be turned off during charge. This allows the battery to reach the set voltage threshold and current saturation point unhindered. A parasitic load confuses the charger by depressing the battery voltage and preventing the current in the saturation stage to drop low enough by drawing a leakage current. A battery may be fully charged, but the prevailing conditions will prompt a continued charge, causing stress.....

I don't know where to 3-4 years come from. A normal battery will last around 2 years.
Add to cart button is greyed out.....
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9827 posts
5822 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
masoud100 wrote: I bought 3 quantities of the Visions deal for 2 of my cousins and a co-worker. Now you made me buy 6 more from Walmart (gifts for relatives in 3rd world countries). Thanks
Can I buy one off you please? Crying Face
The add to cart button in walmart is greyed out.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5259 posts
3660 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
theflyingsquirrel wrote: Why don't you replace the battery? It will fix all the problems.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/arti ... _batteries
...Li-ion cannot absorb overcharge. When fully charged, the charge current must be cut off. A continuous trickle charge would cause plating of metallic lithium and compromise safety. To minimize stress, keep the lithium-ion battery at the peak cut-off as short as possible....

...Some portable devices sit in a charge cradle in the ON position. The current drawn through the device is called the parasitic load and can distort the charge cycle. Battery manufacturers advise against parasitic loads while charging because they induce mini-cycles. This cannot always be avoided and a laptop connected to the AC main is such a case. The battery might be charged to 4.20V/cell and then discharged by the device. The stress level on the battery is high because the cycles occur at the high-voltage threshold, often also at elevated temperature.

A portable device should be turned off during charge. This allows the battery to reach the set voltage threshold and current saturation point unhindered. A parasitic load confuses the charger by depressing the battery voltage and preventing the current in the saturation stage to drop low enough by drawing a leakage current. A battery may be fully charged, but the prevailing conditions will prompt a continued charge, causing stress.....

I don't know where to 3-4 years come from. A normal battery will last around 2 years.

Add to cart button is greyed out.....
The thing is, modern li ion battery have adaptive charge voltage, your tablet will charge at an ultra low voltage when it's near it's full capacity, reducing heat and cells pressure.

Like I said, keeping it at full voltage will reduce it's battery life, but not that much.

My HP touchpad with it's li ion battery still hold for 6 hours at medium brightness... It is now 6 years old.
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
Walmart is OOS online now, and it doesn't look like there is much, if any, store stock around.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.

Respect your OP's. They don't get paid to do this, and don't have to come here to post their deals for you. They can all just hoard their deals in silence, if you prefer?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9827 posts
5822 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
vonblock wrote: The thing is, modern li ion battery have adaptive charge voltage, your tablet will charge at an ultra low voltage when it's near it's full capacity, reducing heat and cells pressure.

Like I said, keeping it at full voltage will reduce it's battery life, but not that much.

My HP touchpad with it's li ion battery still hold for 6 hours at medium brightness... It is now 6 years old.
Did you left it plugged in all the time?
There is a reason the cell phone company tell you to unplug it once it is fully charged; don't charge it at night when you sleep, and don't have the cell phone on when charging.
Although most of us won't listen, there is a good reason behind it.
I've personally seen lots of Li-ion battery expanded like a balloon.
The stress for the battery is not only from the charging current, but also from the high voltage when it is fully charged. That is why if you charge your battery only up to 80%, it extends the battery life a lot!
You believe what you want to believe.
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2490 upvotes
Can you watch divx files on this or will it be too sluggish?
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2005
2775 posts
2127 upvotes
Walmart is OOS and states 139.98

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)