Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Visions Electronics

Polk Audio MC80 (68$) and MC60 (58$) in wall speaker

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 4th, 2018 8:02 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3673 posts
4140 upvotes

[Visions Electronics] Polk Audio MC80 (68$) and MC60 (58$) in wall speaker

Was looking for couple of good quality yet budget in ceiling speakers for my Atmos 5.1.2 system. Found these two:

MC80 for 68$, got this one
https://www.visions.ca/catalogue/catego ... u=POLKMC80

Also the MC60 is for 58$.
https://www.visions.ca/catalogue/catego ... u=POLKMC60
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
8 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3673 posts
4140 upvotes
Correction. Not in ceiling but in wall.
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2013
6154 posts
10805 upvotes
Canada
Spoiler. These sound like crap. Tweeter especially sounds grainy and shitty. Get the KEF Ci160er at least from that shop, regular price is $200/pair.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3673 posts
4140 upvotes
Blubbs wrote: Spoiler. These sound like crap. Tweeter especially sounds grainy and shitty. Get the KEF Ci160er at least from that shop, regular price is $200/pair.
Can you elaborate on the -sound like crap- part? It has high reviews everywhere.

Also the one you mentioned shows 158$ for a single speaker, can you share where it says 200$ for the pair ?
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
1873 posts
1204 upvotes
Montreal
Blubbs wrote: Spoiler. These sound like crap. Tweeter especially sounds grainy and shitty. Get the KEF Ci160er at least from that shop, regular price is $200/pair.
I don't know anything about these things, but what this guy is talking about is: https://www.visions.ca/catalogue/catego ... ku=CI160ER
158$/pair, so 79$ ea, not a huge premium if it is better

I have a couple RC60i still in its' box that I am planning to use as Atmos speakers. I got them for 31$ ea, probably good enough right? I'm sure I could always sell my speakers at cost pretty easily and get something better otherwise
PriceHunter wrote: Can you elaborate on the -sound like crap- part? It has high reviews everywhere.

Also the one you mentioned shows 158$ for a single speaker, can you share where it says 200$ for the pair ?
See above about the price. They are great value, but maybe they are better as surround speakers or maybe background music speakers and not the rest?
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3673 posts
4140 upvotes
n-ster wrote: I don't know anything about these things, but what this guy is talking about is: https://www.visions.ca/catalogue/catego ... ku=CI160ER
158$/pair, so 79$ ea, not a huge premium if it is better

I have a couple RC60i still in its' box that I am planning to use as Atmos speakers. I got them for 31$ ea, probably good enough right? I'm sure I could always sell my speakers at cost pretty easily and get something better otherwise

See above about the price. They are great value, but maybe they are better as surround speakers or maybe background music speakers and not the rest?
I read the part 158$, and for some reason didn't see it saying "Pair". Now I am interested in those, they hold the same specs as the Polk, but don't know if it is worth changing to them.

Edit: Actually, after looking at the features, I will stick to the Polk MC80 pair.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2013
6154 posts
10805 upvotes
Canada
PriceHunter wrote: I read the part 158$, and for some reason didn't see it saying "Pair". Now I am interested in those, they hold the same specs as the Polk, but don't know if it is worth changing to them.
The Kef's sound infinitely better and the tweeters are uniQ, located in the middle and they don't interfere with the woofers at all. Good dispersion pattern. Most have tweeters partially blocking the woofers.

The Visions I visited had these speakers for a/b. The Polks sounded really grainy and bad, like I wouldn't even listen to music on them they sounded so bad in the treble (sort of made music sound compressed and low bit rate, in both sizes). The Kef's sounded very good. There is no comparison in performance, go to the store and take a listen. $160 is a good price, I got my pair for $180.

"Features" mean almost nothing in the context of speakers.
Mar 21, 2012
712 posts
679 upvotes
Edmonton
PriceHunter wrote: Correction. Not in ceiling but in wall.
But the ad says in ceiling?
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2013
1402 posts
617 upvotes
EDMONTON
I have 4 MC80s in my atmos setup at home (9.4.4) and they are good enough. Barely any movies even utilize the ceiling speakers during atmos and it's usually for thunder, birds in the distance, helicopter sounds, gunshots, etc. If you have a receiver with audyssey it will correct any shortcomings in them with the EQs anyways if you are paranoid about missing a tiny bit of treble.

I wouldnt use these for listening to music however. I put 5 of them in my living room ceiling for 5.1 because I just needed something to fit the holes for cheap when we moved in and they're pretty meh if they're the dedicated speakers for your main listening.