Shopping Discussion

Visions Electronics Return Policy?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2017 5:14 pm
Sep 19, 2017
2 posts

Visions Electronics Return Policy?

Hey,

I was wondering about the visions electronics return / exchange policy?

I recently bought a Camera and Lens from them, I tried it out this weekend and wasn't overly happy with it.

I was wondering within their policy am I able to return it or exchange it for a different camera? Or because the box was opened I have no options through them?

Thanks,
Jacob
6 replies
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21222 posts
6989 upvotes
GTA
It's the first link when you google the title of your thread.

Visions Electronics will be pleased to offer a full refund within 15 (fifteen) days from the purchase date. Or offer exchange of product within 30 (thirty) days from the purchase date.

A restocking fee may apply, or an exchange/refund may be refused if not all packaging, including accessories and documentation are with the product in "like new” condition.

Exceptions:
(1) Cellular phones cannot be returned after 15 minutes usage;
(2) Any product that requires an activation or contract can not be returned or exchanged unless otherwise stated;
(3) Satellite systems, Cable boxes and Satellite Radio cannot be returned once they have been activated;
(4) Camcorders, Cameras, Drones, Radar Detectors, GPS systems, Air Conditioners, Media Streaming Boxes, Laptops/Home Office Products and Tablets are not refundable once opened, but of course can be exchanged under our normal exchange guidelines if there is a problem with the product;
Sep 19, 2017
2 posts
So now that I have opened the camera to test it, I now own it. So my question then is,

What is their normal exchange guideline? I cant seem to find reference to what that is.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2006
1525 posts
606 upvotes
Toronto
JacobS1020 wrote: So now that I have opened the camera to test it, I now own it. So my question then is,

What is their normal exchange guideline? I cant seem to find reference to what that is.
You'd have your answer so much quicker if you dialled the number for Visions, and then read your post into the phone.
Feb 27, 2014
339 posts
84 upvotes
JacobS1020 wrote: So now that I have opened the camera to test it, I now own it. So my question then is,

You won't know until you take it back to the store. So take it back to the store, tell them you are not happy with it, ask for either return or exchange. If offered a gift card for the same refund amount, take it as that may be the best option. According to the guidelines, you may be able to exchange only, so aim for the exchange at the minimum. Go at a time when there are many customers in store so they may be more accommodating if they want to make customers happy.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
3252 posts
3029 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
JacobS1020 wrote: I was wondering about the visions electronics return / exchange policy?
I recently bought a Camera and Lens from them, I tried it out this weekend and wasn't overly happy with it.
So...when you were in-store, you didn't look at the signs they have there, outlining their return policy? I suspect it's also outlined on the back of their receipt. Most larger retailers do that. You can also look at their web site. Or simply Google for the very words you put in the thread title.
I was wondering within their policy am I able to return it or exchange it for a different camera? Or because the box was opened I have no options through them?
Did you the store to clarify what what you had read on their website (or on the back of their receipt)? If not, that's the first thing you should do.
So now that I have opened the camera to test it, I now own it
If you bought it longer than the refund/exchange acceptance timelines, yes you do.
So my question then is, What is their normal exchange guideline? I cant seem to find reference to what that is.
Firstly, I'd suggest it's possibly something as simple as the exchange acceptance timeline, but you should pick up the phone and ask, or go in-store, sooner rather than later since you don't want to be outside their exchange acceptance timeline.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Dec 20, 2008
36 posts
7 upvotes
ALLCAPS wrote:
If you bought it longer than the refund/exchange acceptance timelines, yes you do.
Even when not. Once the box is opened it is not returnable.
Fido, Public Mobile, Koodo

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)