Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Visions Electronics

Samsung 49" Q6F Quantum Dot Special Edition QLED - $998.00

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 26th, 2018 6:04 pm
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
695 posts
958 upvotes
Chilliwack, BC

[Visions Electronics] Samsung 49" Q6F Quantum Dot Special Edition QLED - $998.00

15 replies
May 28, 2012
362 posts
349 upvotes
Montreal
Is this tv much better than Vizio p series?

I need 50" and I was considering getting the p50 from refurbish.ca
Apr 29, 2018
23 posts
24 upvotes
This was on sale at best buy for 1000. Managed to pick it up for 800.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
1873 posts
1204 upvotes
Montreal
You mistakenly put 502$ as the price instead of the discount.

The Q6F looks like a nice TV, but I'd probably invest more for a 55" x900e (1300~1400$)
Aug 1, 2016
499 posts
893 upvotes
I have the 55" version of this tv. It's an excellent tv, colors are nice and vibrant. Picture quality is excellent with very sharp and clear production. Decent amount of apps as well.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
marcelomanzo01 wrote: Is this tv much better than Vizio p series?

I need 50" and I was considering getting the p50 from refurbish.ca
Short answer...

If you game, Samsung is better than Vizio, if you don't care about input lag, Vizio is probably slightly better (much better local dimming being the only real difference). If you watch a lot of lower quality content (say 720p or lower) or need a TV turner, do not consider Vizio (their upscale chip sucks and don't have a TV turner).
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
Paigne wrote: Short answer...

If you game, Samsung is better than Vizio, if you don't care about input lag, Vizio is probably slightly better (much better local dimming being the only real difference). If you watch a lot of lower quality content (say 720p or lower) or need a TV turner, do not consider Vizio (their upscale chip sucks and don't have a TV turner).
Pretty spot on. Thank you.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1442 posts
1065 upvotes
YYC

Vizio has a TV tuner again. Only the last few model years didn't have them.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
herc wrote: Vizio has a TV tuner again. Only the last few model years didn't have them.
I assume the RFDer i quoted was referring to 2017 model (since 2018 line up was just released... i would assume there is no refurb, also think f1 starts at 55” tho i could be wrong). You are correct that the 2018 line up seems to have turner again and better hdr input lag. Tho overall, still pretty similar to 2016/2017 model (only minor improvements based on reviews/first impression i saw) and still has an inferior (same) upscale chip.
Sep 11, 2017
63 posts
24 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
JeffC24724 wrote: This was on sale at best buy for 1000. Managed to pick it up for 800.
Why did they knock $200 off?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
G0diva wrote: Why did they knock $200 off?
If a sales person really wants to make a sale (slow day/week or commission border) they might push to make a sale and offer a better deal. Highly YMMV but it does happen (more often with Visions than BB). Or the more likely case... knock off $200 if you buy extended warranty.
May 28, 2012
362 posts
349 upvotes
Montreal

stupid guys trying to save a few bucks in a tuner module...

you convinced me, I will take the p50
May 28, 2012
362 posts
349 upvotes
Montreal
Paigne wrote: I assume the RFDer i quoted was referring to 2017 model (since 2018 line up was just released... i would assume there is no refurb, also think f1 starts at 55” tho i could be wrong). You are correct that the 2018 line up seems to have turner again and better hdr input lag. Tho overall, still pretty similar to 2016/2017 model (only minor improvements based on reviews/first impression i saw) and still has an inferior (same) upscale chip.
BTW, my usage is 50% time tv shows, 50% of time itunes movies with apple tv 4k
Deal Expert
Oct 7, 2010
15536 posts
5790 upvotes
How's this compared to Sony or LG tv? Always thought these Qled things as gimmicks.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
spike1128 wrote: How's this compared to Sony or LG tv? Always thought these Qled things as gimmicks.
Sony x900e would be a comparable to this and in my opinion slightly better panel than this. Main difference being x900e has much better local dimming than this and full-array (vs edge). Overall both are very similar (and Samsung does have better color gamut for HDR and much better input lag). Catch is i don't think 49" x900e has been this price. It was $1200 boxing week (basically $1100 on BB VIP day before BF if you consider the GC rebate). And honestly 49" isn't really that good of a deal for x900e when the 55" was only $100 more. It performs close enough to Samsung Q6 that you could easily consider Q6 a better deal due to price saving.

LG uses IPS panels so its really hard to compare IPS vs VA panels (given the difference between the two). Its really more about preference when it comes to IPS vs VA panels. Unless you go OLED, LG will have inferior picture quality when compared to VA panels (but IPS panels has its advantages too... basically pro/cons of IPS vs VA panels) but better power usage, viewing angle, etc.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)