Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Visions

KEF Q100 Bookshelf Speakers - $298

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 10th, 2017 4:26 pm
Nov 9, 2010
654 posts
464 upvotes
Richmond, BC

KEF Q100 Bookshelf Speakers - $298

Deal Link:
Price:
Expiry:
June 29, 2017
Retailer:
Visions
http://www.visions.ca/catalogue/categor ... 5&sku=Q100
http://www.2001audiovideo.com/en/catalo ... hterm=q100

I believe this is the lowest price ever for the Q100(same as boxing day last year) which are being cleared out now. You can save an extra ~$11 if you order online and pick up in store. The Q400 sub is also on sale for $398 if you want a matching sub to go with this.
Last edited by manoy385 on Jun 23rd, 2017 1:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
80 replies
Aug 23, 2012
507 posts
199 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Says free shipping on the website and sale ends 2017-06-29
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
2170 posts
515 upvotes
Toronto
My sub just died on me lately.

Ive been looking at Fluance, Energy, Paradigm, PSB, etc for a replacement. However, how is the matching sub for these speakers?
Jun 14, 2017
68 posts
63 upvotes
would it be worth it to buy this and use one of them as a center channel horizontally?
May 13, 2014
765 posts
449 upvotes
Vancouver
Noob question, but I take it these would require an amp (and possibly a DAC as well?) and wouldn't just plug into a TV or computer via the 3.5mm audio jack?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 19, 2005
5195 posts
2474 upvotes
Vancity
labah123 wrote: would it be worth it to buy this and use one of them as a center channel horizontally?
The center "speaker" typically contains two or more speakers. I doubt a Q100 would be that good as a center.
signature closed for renovation
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
1314 posts
684 upvotes
These would make amazing rears.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2009
1661 posts
511 upvotes
Ironsmack wrote: My sub just died on me lately.

Ive been looking at Fluance, Energy, Paradigm, PSB, etc for a replacement. However, how is the matching sub for these speakers?
Check out the wirecutter.com. I love this site, they compare and do extensive tests and tell you which product is the best in each category. Check out this article and scroll down. http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/the-be ... e-theater/ They actually recommend the KEF's.

However I'm more partial to Paradigm. I have 4 Atom Monitor v7's, 1 Monitor 1 Center, and a Seismic 10 sub and I love them. I had a newborn now and turned my sub completely off, and i'm still surprised by the low notes from them considering I turned on "night mode" and they are the mini versions of the regular sized bookshelf and center speakers.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
1716 posts
422 upvotes
Looking online, it seems that people are pretty happy using one of these as a center. I already have a pair I will be using as a front setup and am considering a third as a center. If anyone is interested in splitting a pair, PM me. I'm located in Waterloo
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2003
1070 posts
809 upvotes
Toronto
Raident wrote: Noob question, but I take it these would require an amp (and possibly a DAC as well?) and wouldn't just plug into a TV or computer via the 3.5mm audio jack?
Correct. You'd also need to hook them up using speaker wire
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2009
5237 posts
3507 upvotes
Raident wrote: Noob question, but I take it these would require an amp (and possibly a DAC as well?) and wouldn't just plug into a TV or computer via the 3.5mm audio jack?
Although i'm not 100% about being canadian and buying from Massdrop, the Teac AI-101 (https://www.electronicsforless.ca/teac- ... -4212.html) is great but pricey because we're canadian/ Another option I have my eye on is the SMSL Q5 Pro for about $160-190. Both have sub out, built in DAC and enough power for the KEFs as Class D amps are pretty efficient.
Nov 6, 2003
368 posts
165 upvotes
Oakville, ON
I have 4 of these in a 5.1 setup along with the Q200 center and a SVS SB12-NSD subwoofer. They are fantastic speakers, especially at this price point. Get these placed right alongside a decent subwoofer and most people will be very happy.

I've just ordered another 4 for a Left-Center-Right bedroom setup which should arrive early next week. If anyone wants to buy the extra speaker let me know. Otherwise, I might just keep it as a backup given I'll be running 7 of these in my home.
Jan 18, 2007
299 posts
61 upvotes
Time to upgrade my Kef Cresta 10's I guess but I wonder just how much better these really are?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2008
5018 posts
1779 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
I had these and they were great, even off an audioengine N22 amp in 2 channel. Replaced them with monitor audio bronze 2.

Both are going great speakers. BTW, I paid $299 usd so this is a very aggressive price.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
2170 posts
515 upvotes
Toronto
kajo204 wrote: Check out the wirecutter.com. I love this site, they compare and do extensive tests and tell you which product is the best in each category. Check out this article and scroll down. http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/the-be ... e-theater/ They actually recommend the KEF's.

However I'm more partial to Paradigm. I have 4 Atom Monitor v7's, 1 Monitor 1 Center, and a Seismic 10 sub and I love them. I had a newborn now and turned my sub completely off, and i'm still surprised by the low notes from them considering I turned on "night mode" and they are the mini versions of the regular sized bookshelf and center speakers.

Ah nice. Thanks for the link! Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Dec 21, 2009
802 posts
325 upvotes
Vancouver
How are these compared to b&w 685?
I'm using them for rear speakers.