Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Visions sucks

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 7th, 2013 10:26 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 21, 2012
36 posts

Visions sucks

Went and bought a tv stand for 98 and they ask me when do you wanna pick it up i said later tonight and then i go there they said we're sold out because we have one in stock and that was the display model which you bought but you can wait for the next shipment. Like seriously fix your stock list and this hapened to 5 other guys with like tv's. we should get more discounts.
43 replies
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
11537 posts
1041 upvotes
Ottawa
Nothing new - ordered a new LED TV from them on BD on '09. Emailed them on January 4th, 15th, and 21st, asking where my TV was that was "in stock" when I ordered it (and showed in-stock for a day after I placed my order).

Was told that they'd had higher demand than expected, and it was back-ordered. Each time I emailed I was told a new shipping date, and given an excuse that the last shipment didn't include the TVs. I finally gave up on February 1st and told them to cancel my email, with a long email criticizing their customer service. No response back, but my order was fully refunded. Ordered from another supplier the next day, and it came three days later.

I avoid Visions like the plague, they may have good prices sometimes, but terrible customer service.
- Absolute
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2006
3021 posts
1533 upvotes
Burnaby
never pay for it in full and leave the store empty handed. them asking you when you'd like to pick it up was a huge red flag. not much you can do now since they got your money.
Apr 1, 2010
265 posts
10 upvotes
Only thing I hate about visions is how some of their items are available online, but then suddenly IN store only. They have no stores in Ontario!
Feb 12, 2005
211 posts
36 upvotes
They are the BIGGEST CROOKS!

They scam people and lie to get you to buy the extended warranty. Saying if you don't use the extended warranty you will get the money back. However you need to read the fine-print VERY carefully and then you realise its a HUGE HUGE scam.
Dec 21, 2012
36 posts
I didnt get my money stolen. They said they are going to give it next week so i will get it but it was bs what they did.
Nov 27, 2006
51 posts
10 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I purchased the warranty about 5 years ago when I bought a television, I didn't make any warranty claims throughout the duration and received credit which I used to purchase a laptop. Has something changed in the fine print that prevents against this? Let me know as I am curious.

adaseb wrote: They are the BIGGEST CROOKS!

They scam people and lie to get you to buy the extended warranty. Saying if you don't use the extended warranty you will get the money back. However you need to read the fine-print VERY carefully and then you realise its a HUGE HUGE scam.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1439 posts
194 upvotes
Winnipeg
BradBGT wrote: I purchased the warranty about 5 years ago when I bought a television, I didn't make any warranty claims throughout the duration and received credit which I used to purchase a laptop. Has something changed in the fine print that prevents against this? Let me know as I am curious.
no, that's how it still works.

there are some stipulations in how you spend it though. can only be 50% of the purchase price, and i think only used on one item. so if you paid 200 for warranty, you need to buy at least a 400 dollar item to use it all.

imo, it's still MUCH less of a scam than every other extended warranty sold by a retailer.

can't say i've ever had a problem buying from visions either
Dec 21, 2012
36 posts
They called me they said they dont have any in order wtttf? whyd they sell it dumb ***** 's never shopping there again
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1439 posts
194 upvotes
Winnipeg
HecticDeals wrote: They called me they said they dont have any in order wtttf? whyd they sell it dumb ***** 's never shopping there again
weird. i'd stop giving them my business too. seems to be very store dependent though.

i don't know how they can sell stuff they don't have/can't order though. that's just pathetic. BD should always be cash and carry
Dec 21, 2012
36 posts
They ruined my chances of getting another stand on boxing day from another store cause they said they could get them by a week. Ruined my BD Cant believe a store would acctually sell something that is sold out they said you bought the last one.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
3960 posts
4703 upvotes
Victoria
I've never bought anything from Visions, but I'm not off to a good start. Emailed them yesterday morning about an online price match, website said they'd reply shortly with a coupon code to place an order. Never heard back, and today I noticed their customer service hours are only M-F. By the time they respond on Monday I bet Dell will be OOS and Visions won't honour the price match.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1439 posts
194 upvotes
Winnipeg
bad time of year. i'm waiting for a price from visions on some stuff too, and it's coming from a friend that manages the returns department. she can't even get a price because the distributor(it's not a regularly stocked item, it's a projection screen) is still on holidays until the 2nd.

i think it's always hit or miss at box stores. you always get better service when you know the person(not like friends, but you should at least know each others names) you talk to. I used to be able to walk into a few places locally and be greeted by first name. Despite others having terrible opinions of the sales reps, i always found them awesome and easy to deal with. they've gone out of business, so clearly they didn't do it for everybody, but that's my point. if a place like that CAN treat you right when you get to know them, anywhere can.

buying online is nice and convenient. but having a relationship with sales staff requires a more personal touch. and it's usually well worth it in the long run
Dec 21, 2012
36 posts
If i call and argue you with them do you think anything can happen or what should i do i your guys opinion?
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1439 posts
194 upvotes
Winnipeg
unless they somehow have the stand now, i'm not sure what else they can do. is there a similar stand you'd be happy with at the price you paid?

it's just a weird situation. i don't understand how they can sell you something they don't have, or can't get. normally if they oversell a product they try to give you something equitable for the same price.

what are they expecting you to do at this point? get a refund? wait for more product to be shipped? forget you gave them 100bux?

assuming you paid for a product that told you(with some kind of verbal promise or gaurantee) was in stock. i'd maybe ask them for a replacement, tell them you're hosting a new years eve party and need the stand asap. ask to have the money refunded(if it hasn't been already) because you need to go buy a stand from somebody else if they can't get you your stand today.

oh, and if possible, go down in person. it's harder to say no to a face. just be sure to start off politely and be respectful. acknowledge that that the person you're talking to isn't to blame, but you want to give him/her the opportunity to make the situation right. be prepared to get your money and leave, but don't use that as a threat, just make it clear that that will be the result if they can't fix the situation
Dec 21, 2012
36 posts
They said you bought the stand that was in display right now and we will get more stock next week. (But when i bought it Ibought it brand new for 98$)
Called them in 4 days they said we cant get you a new one because it was clearance and the manufacture said they cant complete there backorder.
They wont give me a good deal like that stand cause it was reg.400$ sale 100$ for another one.
they want me to take the refund or a store credit
Basically they sold me the product on BD morning and i woke up early just to buy it with my family and They think its okay to sell someone something out of stock without telling them but the thing was that they said you bought the last one today and i bought it and told the cashier i would like to pick it up later and it says that on my reciept to but i went and they said oh sorry were sold out you can wait for next week or you can take a refund and i wanted that stand so i just waited and never expected something like this which they tell me they ran out and cant give me a new one. :(
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1439 posts
194 upvotes
Winnipeg
wait what? i really don't understand what you are saying...

are you saying they won't give you a stand at all now? if so why do they still have your money? i don't understand how that can happen at all, from visions and from you.

if they sold you a demo/clearance that's one thing, and imo, understandable. but then it should have been yours as soon as you paid for it, sounds like you're saying they sold it twice and the other person picked it up first so now you're screwed. if that's what happened, i don't see why they wouldn't give you the same stand as soon as the next order arrived.

if they still have your money, and you have a receipt/order for a stand, i'd raise a little heck and give them a shot to fulfill their agreement. i would not wait around for the 'next shipment' though. i'd cut my losses and bail at that point. that's when things start to turn bad, when they have your money already.

i'm still at a loss though. i've never even heard of a situation where a product was sold 'by mistake'. either it's a raincheck, the product is yours, or they screwed up and owe you a comparable product at the same price IF you accept that.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
7613 posts
1105 upvotes
Fired off an email to see if they respond in the thread. FYI, their corporate email format is firstinitial.lastname@visions.ca.
My nick doesn't mean I'm happy any more than yours means you're a sex machine.
Dec 21, 2012
36 posts
They said they wont give me another stand beacause they wont get anymore.

They told me to come to the store to take a refund.

They sold me a brand new one but they oversold basically they had 10 but sold them to 11 people so i got screwed cause i told them i would pick it up in the afternoon. Now they said they wont get anymore so they said take your refund.

They are not getting anymore because the company the product comes from wont give anymore they stopped making them.

But i bought it from the store thinking im getting it the same day as any other person that buys products.

They said it was clearance when i called but when i saw it in the flyer it never said it was clearance. Visons said they wont get anymore because it was clearence.

They took my money without giving my product will go there tomorrow and see what happens.

story:

Went and bought the last one
Salesman: Would you like to pick it up later or now?
me: ill pick it up around 3
Salesman: ok just go to the back and talk to ryan to pick it up.
Ryan: hi do you have ur reciept?
me: yes
Ryan: oh sorry this product is gone but you can i either get a refund or wait for more stock.

I waited for 4 days and called

Me: hi have you received the stand yet for me which i bought on BD
Salesman: Sorry but we will not receive anymore TV stands and you can come by someday to get your refund.
Me: i said ok because i was so confused at that moment

Basically they took my money without giving me my tv stand . weird eh?

When i called they said it was clearance but in the flyer it doesn't say it was clearance so that's why they said they wont get anymore because the product was clearance yet they sold it to me.

I will post again too tell what happens but This was a total FRAUD took my money without giving my product
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1439 posts
194 upvotes
Winnipeg
definitely very screwy...

in my opinion, the 'right' thing for visions to do is to at least compensate you with a gift card. i mean, this would be frustrating at any time of the year, but it's actually likely to cost you money at this point. by not giving you the opportunity to buy from another store during boxing day sales, they are forcing you to pay more(hence the gift cert).

the rest of your story sounds like a pretty typical experience. there's a lot of clearance items being sold that won't or can't be reordered. when they're gone they're gone. and miscommunication is not unheard of during the rush of boxing day. it's just the way they are handling it now that is bothersome.

lesson for you(not that you're really at fault here), is to take whatever you buy with you, especially if it's clearance stuff. that could have prevented this whole issue for you. again, you shouldn't NEED to, but i'm sure you won't want to risk going through this again.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)