Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Visions sucks

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 7th, 2013 10:26 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 21, 2012
36 posts
Im still going to go and argue and see what happens and hopefully they might be able to give me a hook up or something.
Dec 21, 2012
36 posts
But still they cant do that becuause i bought the product and they cant just sell more and say we have nothing left they can only sell what they have and i bought what they had so i think i should basically be the one walking out with another tv stand
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1439 posts
194 upvotes
Winnipeg
HecticDeals wrote: But still they cant do that becuause i bought the product and they cant just sell more and say we have nothing left they can only sell what they have and i bought what they had so i think i should basically be the one walking out with another tv stand
you are assuming no mistakes can ever be made...

imo customer service isn't about not making mistakes, it's about how they handle mistakes.

you didn't 'buy what they had left' because you didn't take it with you. chances are a different sales rep saw it on the floor, being clearance items it was probably not 'in the computer' or anything like that, so they sold it. i'm not saying it's right, but it is excusable, IF they own up to it and help you out.

when you go in, i can't stress this enough, focus on what you want to get from them for their mistake, NOT on their mistake. you are still dealing with a person, and ppl don't like being told they f'd up. they want to hear solutions.
ie. you accidentally sold my stand, it happens, but now you owe it to me to make it right. i want a stand, i don't want to pay any more than i already have, what can you do for me?
is a whole lot more productive that...
you sold my stand, it was MY stand, i paid for it. how can you possibly sell the same stand twice? and now all you want is to give me my money back? I want MY stand that i PAID for already!

trust me, there's a reason some people get back customer service everywhere they go while others seem to get great customer service almost everywhere.
Jan 1, 2013
2 posts
CALGARY
kamascottra wrote: you are assuming no mistakes can ever be made...

imo customer service isn't about not making mistakes, it's about how they handle mistakes.
This is absolutely correct. By the sounds of it, we already should have made up for this mistake.
I don't think any electronics retailer could say that they haven't had issues like this after boxing week. This is something that although it isn't very common, does occur and is usually something we can resolve immediately, without a loss to the consumer.

Why this happened, is just as speculated in previous posts. Unfortunately; during extremely busy times human error can complicate our inventory system. While we do our best to ensure that our systems eliminate this variable, it is something we realize will always occur during a day like Boxing Day even if it is not very common. In this instance, we oversold on a product with limited availability. It appears as though the staff's first idea to rectify this situation was to refund your money. There are certain circumstances where this is our only option but based on what I am reading, the best course of action in this scenario should have been to get you something of equal value (equal value to you) and to do it as soon as possible.

HecticDeals: Can I please bother you to email info@visions.ca with your contact information, invoice number, and the store in which you were dealing with?
We will put you in touch with the General Manager of that location and ensure right away that this issue is resolved and turned into a positive situation for you.

I think this might also be a good time to properly explain our rebate program as I know it has been debated here a few times.
Not from a Visions Electronics stand point, but from a personal standpoint, our rebate program truly is a positive program. Despite what has been mentioned on some postings on the forum about it, it truly was introduced for one reason, and that was to work as sort of a "profit sharing" principal to reward return customers. It truly is a program that exists purely for customer service, and to help existing customers on future purchases.

Do you need warranty? Do you not? can be debated (and has been debated on this forum) for years. We wanted to make this decision easier, and we know that we have. If you purchase an extended warranty with us (By the way, do you know we offer 7 years on the TV's now for the price of a 4 year?) and don't make a claim against your warranty, we will refund you the amount of your warranty in the form of an in-store credit.

Yes, there are stipulations. While some people have posted on here these stipulations are a rip off, the consensus seems to be that this plan still beats out competitors (which is part of our goal). We feel these stipulations are fair, and an unfortunate necessity to still maintain this program and offer a better Extended Service Plan to our customers than our competitors.

1. The credit can only be used on regular/sale priced items (No, this does not mean full price as some people have argued here on RFD. This only means that you can't further barter with the salespeople). If you see a good sale, by all means you can use your rebate on that sale item.

2. There is a minimum purchase. The goal is not to go out of business by offering free product to any and all customers, it is to help return customers on their next purchase. If your warranty was purchased after December 31, 2009, your rebate can not exceed 50% of the total $ amount of the invoice (unlimited number of items, just the total of the actual invoice before tax). The invoice total will need to be greater than twice the value of your rebate. For instance, if your have a $50 rebate then your invoice has to total $100 or more of regular product. It could be 2 items of $50, or 4 items of $25 as long as it equals $100 or more. If your rebate was $200, your invoice must be $400 or more before tax.

3. Time Limit. This has been actively debated and consumers don't often understand why we have the time limit. To be honest we wish we could do away with this limit but any Accounting Auditor could spend a few hours explaining the unfortunate reasons why we need to have a time limit on the program. You have 12 months, from the date of creation. All rebates are automatically created the day the warranty expired. So in best terms, the rebate is good for one year form the date that your warranty expired.

4. Rebates can not be combined with any other rebate, incentive or offer.

Please, if you have any issues with your experience at Visions Electronics, speak with the General Manager at your location. We empower our General Managers as much as possible to help instantly take care of any customer service issues. We don't want our customers having to go to forums just to get heard, or to our head office just to get resolutions. If you are having an issue with the General Manager, or he is not able to help you, then please email info@visions.ca and we will do our best to put you in touch with someone that WILL help you. We pride ourselves on having one of the highest percentages of customers that return to purchase within our industry. Please, come to the store and speak with us about your issues just as though you were sitting down with a friend. We will honestly do our best to help you.

Thank you!
Jamie
Visions Electronics
Dec 21, 2012
36 posts
Thank you for the information but i will go to the store and deal with this because i dont live really that far ( 5 min drive ) thank you.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
7613 posts
1105 upvotes
Hey, look, a store that joined without a fake name that seems to want to try and fix the issue. Hectic, post an update so we know if they actually made good or not.
My nick doesn't mean I'm happy any more than yours means you're a sex machine.
Jan 1, 2013
2 posts
CALGARY
Hey HecticDeals,
Glad to hear you are going to down to the store. I am sure the store will be able to make good on this, but just in case they don't, please email us at info@visions.ca. Quote my name (Jamie) and the email will be forwarded to me.

Thanks again!
Dec 21, 2012
36 posts
I went to the store talked to the manager and he said come back tomorrow to talk to the salesman and what is the saleman going to do when its the manager that has all the rights in the store and what can the salesman do? and i asked for another product with the same price 400$ for 100$ so its the same price as the one i bought he said you cant do that.
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
18045 posts
980 upvotes
adaseb wrote: They are the BIGGEST CROOKS!

They scam people and lie to get you to buy the extended warranty. Saying if you don't use the extended warranty you will get the money back. However you need to read the fine-print VERY carefully and then you realise its a HUGE HUGE scam.
They are always really clear about the details of it... only people i know that have been "scammed" by it are people who dont listen. Little old ladies figure it out on their own...
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
18045 posts
980 upvotes
HecticDeals wrote: I went to the store talked to the manager and he said come back tomorrow to talk to the salesman and what is the saleman going to do when its the manager that has all the rights in the store and what can the salesman do? and i asked for another product with the same price 400$ for 100$ so its the same price as the one i bought he said you cant do that.
Well really, you didnt expect them to give you a discount like that now do you on an item of your choosing?
Dec 21, 2012
36 posts
nope i want the stand i bought. i want the solution for their mistake.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
7613 posts
1105 upvotes
HecticDeals wrote: I went to the store talked to the manager and he said come back tomorrow to talk to the salesman and what is the saleman going to do when its the manager that has all the rights in the store and what can the salesman do? and i asked for another product with the same price 400$ for 100$ so its the same price as the one i bought he said you cant do that.
Why is a manager telling you to talk to a salesperson? Are they trying to loop you into paying more than you would have originally, and get a commission for their staff?
Dec 21, 2012
36 posts
The manager said go talk to the salesman but the sales man wasn't there today so I will go tomorrow again and the manger was saying something like oh he might have it somewhere else or he will order you a new one or your only option right now is take a refund like wtf this is bull because he's the manager he has all rights to know what is happening and the message I go from visions said they will make talk to the manager thru email but he's the one who said talk to the person that sold you it . And if they give me a new stand for the same value that means a 100$ dollar stand to replace the 400$ dollar stand that I got on boxing day on sale for a 100$ which is bull to. So I will post again tomorrow telling what happened and if things turn bad I will contact costumer service for some help . Thank you
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1439 posts
194 upvotes
Winnipeg
you probably weren't really getting a 400 dollar stand the first time, haha.

i don't want to sound like an ***** , please take this as constructive criticism and with a grain of salt because i'm making my judgement on what you are typing, which is likely being done while mad, but you sound exactly like the type of customer that'd do as little as possible for. whenever i dealt with customers that 'demanded' things i always felt like they were trying to take advantage of the situation. of course, a bunch of times they actually were. the customers i would do as much as possible for were the ones that talked to me like another human being, were polite, understanding, and just wanted something fair.

i seriously suggest that when you talk to them again you stop telling them what they're going to do, and start ASKING them for what they can offer. clearly the original stand would be ideal, but that's out of the question. the next best option is a comparable stand, but maybe what you think is comparable and what is actually comparable isn't the same. don't look so much at the price, look the product. see what they will offer you. ask the salesman to show you ALL the options that they can give you for your 100bux. if none of them please you, take your refund and never go back. they clearly don't care for you business, so don't give it to them. going back and forth is only wasting your time. remember they are still getting paid to be there, you are not. cut your losses and find a store that wants your money
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
7613 posts
1105 upvotes
kamascottra wrote: you probably weren't really getting a 400 dollar stand the first time, haha.

i don't want to sound like an ***** , please take this as constructive criticism and with a grain of salt because i'm making my judgement on what you are typing, which is likely being done while mad, but you sound exactly like the type of customer that'd do as little as possible for. whenever i dealt with customers that 'demanded' things i always felt like they were trying to take advantage of the situation. of course, a bunch of times they actually were. the customers i would do as much as possible for were the ones that talked to me like another human being, were polite, understanding, and just wanted something fair.

i seriously suggest that when you talk to them again you stop telling them what they're going to do, and start ASKING them for what they can offer. clearly the original stand would be ideal, but that's out of the question. the next best option is a comparable stand, but maybe what you think is comparable and what is actually comparable isn't the same. don't look so much at the price, look the product. see what they will offer you. ask the salesman to show you ALL the options that they can give you for your 100bux. if none of them please you, take your refund and never go back. they clearly don't care for you business, so don't give it to them. going back and forth is only wasting your time. remember they are still getting paid to be there, you are not. cut your losses and find a store that wants your money
I'd take what you're saying with a grain of salt too, since you mentioned you have a friend that works there. How the customer speaks online doesn't mean that's how they speak in person, so it's not even vaguely a valid way to tell what sort of customer he is or may be. The customer in this case is demanding what he paid for. That's not unreasonable. It's pretty much expected. It's also not unreasonable for the manager of a store to be able to speak on behalf of his staff and make executive decisions, especially when they're apparently backed by someone in the corporate office. The ideal here isn't getting what he paid for, that's the bare minimum that you expect when you walk into any store. The ideal at this point would be to get him the equivalent of what he paid for, plus something on top to make up for the additional time and money he's wasted trying to resolve something that was their problem after the fact.

If you're in sales, dealing with angry customers when YOUR store has screwed something up is part of your job. If you don't treat them as well in that situation because they're angry, that doesn't make you a very good employee. The best employees are the ones who take angry customers and turn them into promoters of your company, and doing less for the angry ones doesn't allow that to happen.

So one of two things is happening. Either corporate is putting on a brave face in here to try to make itself look good and telling the manager in the background to get rid of the customer, or corporate office is doing what they say they're doing, and the manager is incompetent. Which is it?
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1439 posts
194 upvotes
Winnipeg
Happy13178 wrote: I'd take what you're saying with a grain of salt too, since you mentioned you have a friend that works there. How the customer speaks online doesn't mean that's how they speak in person, so it's not even vaguely a valid way to tell what sort of customer he is or may be. The customer in this case is demanding what he paid for. That's not unreasonable. It's pretty much expected. It's also not unreasonable for the manager of a store to be able to speak on behalf of his staff and make executive decisions, especially when they're apparently backed by someone in the corporate office. The ideal here isn't getting what he paid for, that's the bare minimum that you expect when you walk into any store. The ideal at this point would be to get him the equivalent of what he paid for, plus something on top to make up for the additional time and money he's wasted trying to resolve something that was their problem after the fact.

If you're in sales, dealing with angry customers when YOUR store has screwed something up is part of your job. If you don't treat them as well in that situation because they're angry, that doesn't make you a very good employee. The best employees are the ones who take angry customers and turn them into promoters of your company, and doing less for the angry ones doesn't allow that to happen.

So one of two things is happening. Either corporate is putting on a brave face in here to try to make itself look good and telling the manager in the background to get rid of the customer, or corporate office is doing what they say they're doing, and the manager is incompetent. Which is it?
yup, that's why i started with that 'grain of salt' preface. i really don't know what he's doing IN STORE. i just want to make sure he does what he can to make the process go smoothly. at the end of the day, i hate to say it, but it's not your 'right' to buy anything. consumers expect stores to bend over backwards to get their business but they forget that most of the ppl they talk to are not very deeply concerned with the business anymore. some of these ppl are just working jobs while they go through school. this isn't their career, and they don't care if the store is around 10yrs from now.

i'm not saying this is right or wrong, but it IS the way it is.

so to deal with these kind of employees, going in guns blazing just gets them defensive, and that's not good for anybody. you can, and should be firm on what you want. but you should be the one saying no to offers, not them. when you start 'demanding' things, you actually give them the power. make them offer you things, and then you have the power to say no or accept.

as for your 2 scenarios. i'm guessing since it doesn't appear any direct contact has been made with corporate yet, the manager is just being incompetent. this is further shown by him asking the salesmen to fix this problem... that's just weird.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
7613 posts
1105 upvotes
The two posts from corporate are on page 2, which came not long after I emailed their president and founder with the OPs details. Since they presumably know whats happening, and that this thread is up to almost 2,500 views, it stands to reason that they're getting absolutely nothing out of the OP getting screwed over. Speaking of which, Hectic, did you email the Jamie guy?
Dec 21, 2012
36 posts
I went to the store again which i dont care going over again so dont say your wasting your time. Went to the store and asked for the sale man talked to him and he said he cant do anything and then i was like cant you do anything and then hes like you can take your refund and that pissed me off and then i was mad but the thing is they did try fixing the problem by giving me another stand and they asked me before do you need the wall mount i said yes because thats what i payed for but he still showed me the stands with out the wall mount and i asked for a stand that comes with the wall mount and he said sorry but all those stands with the wall mount are over 400$. I was like wtf i payed for a 400$ stand with all the mounts included so.. i just said i will be back later this week and all the stands he showed me were the crappy ones. and the manager doesnt really talk to you he lets the employees do all the dealing with the costumers.

I will contact jamie tonight.
Dec 21, 2012
36 posts
and about the they dont need your business so just take your money or something like that how about if visions does this too alot costumers there not gonna make money for ***** so what do they end up with ?? out of business and it doesnt matter if the company's really big.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2007
1837 posts
598 upvotes
Guelph
Try using commas, periods and paragraphs when your writing. Its very difficult to read.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)