Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Visions Electronics

Yamaha 7.2 Receiver RX-V677 $499

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 3rd, 2015 2:48 am
Feb 6, 2015
153 posts
54 upvotes
calgary

[Visions Electronics] Yamaha 7.2 Receiver RX-V677 $499

I'm thinking between this one and SONY STR-DN1050
Any recommendation? I would like to stay within $500+ budget.
Thanks.
14 replies
Sep 17, 2012
419 posts
699 upvotes
Mississauga
I got the rx-v577 two years ago and have been pretty happy with it so far.
Oct 28, 2012
419 posts
159 upvotes
Ajax, ON
I got the v777 and loving it. I thought about that Sony too though I can't remember the determining factor... And there definitely was one. Aside from the fact that I despise Sony for their whole proprietary features issue and vowed never again a Sony, I was strongly looking at it (against my better judgement). Do you see how conflicted I was ? Lol. Either way you will be happy. But I'd still go with the Yamaha.
May 21, 2015
8 posts
2 upvotes
4 years ago, when i built my setup with the rxv671 to match my paradigm speakers. I Never regrets my décision.

Yamaha + Paradigm Monitor Serie = great match and great setup for an home theatre lover without a lot of cash.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2014
1845 posts
451 upvotes
Brampton
Wait do I need to buy sub and speakers seperately or is this unit is good?
Oct 30, 2007
126 posts
19 upvotes
tester85 wrote: Wait do I need to buy sub and speakers seperately or is this unit is good?
This is only the receiver so you would need to buy a sub and speakers separately.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
2207 posts
692 upvotes
Toronto
I've got this unit and have had it for about 2 years. Prior to this I tried out a pioneer but preferred something with an onscreen UI. It has worked very well for me so far with no complaints.

I believe I got it for about $450 back then and MSRP was $800+ IIRC
Dec 15, 2004
133 posts
87 upvotes
Edmonton
I believe the Sony doesn't have any room correction software
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
2246 posts
1272 upvotes
I have the previous Sony model the STR-1040 and i love it. It comes with the easy audio setup microphone to set the speaker volume levels. The interface is super simple to use and provides a nice visual guide setup on your screen while you're setting it up. Having said that i would of love to had the Dolby Atmos audio option too for the Blu-rays now offering it up. Plus they have the new DTS: X coming out soon too. Having said that, I have no idea if you have the room for that sort of setup and if you don't. Go with the Sony
[external link removed]
Feb 6, 2015
153 posts
54 upvotes
calgary
Invader Gir wrote: I have the previous Sony model the STR-1040 and i love it. It comes with the easy audio setup microphone to set the speaker volume levels. The interface is super simple to use and provides a nice visual guide setup on your screen while you're setting it up. Having said that i would of love to had the Dolby Atmos audio option too for the Blu-rays now offering it up. Plus they have the new DTS: X coming out soon too. Having said that, I have no idea if you have the room for that sort of setup and if you don't. Go with the Sony
Room is aprox. 14x18. I bought polk audio in wall 265rt Front, 255c-LS center, PSW505 sub and 65RT back. Just missing a receiver now.
BestBuy has 1050 for $449
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/son ... 98227.aspx
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
3057 posts
1503 upvotes
randyh66 wrote: No atmos sound
I wouldn't worry about Atmos at all unless you want a room just filled with speakers and subwoofers, I mean some people do, so thats cool. DTS:X will be the winner as DTS's technologies are always embraced while Dolby is like "COME ON GUYS WE CAME UP WITH THIS idea!" just check most Bluray's though it's rarer to see "Dolby True HD" than to see "DTS MAHD" on the back of a Bluray. Most people just use LPCM anyway.
Sep 18, 2007
235 posts
22 upvotes
Vancouver
How is this one compare to Onkyo NR626 or Denon avr-s700w.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)