Hot Deals

[Vitacost.com] Hot - Protein Bars - Quest Bars / OhYeah ONE Bars $25/box+tax

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2017 8:39 am
Sep 30, 2015
145 posts
42 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Does anyone know the expiry date on the ones from VitaCost I am looking at getting the 6 boxes but just not sure how quickly I will use them.
[OP]
Dec 28, 2006
884 posts
181 upvotes
King31 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 1:58 pm
Does anyone know the expiry date on the ones from VitaCost I am looking at getting the 6 boxes but just not sure how quickly I will use them.
The bars I ordered back in July had a best before of May 30, 2018 - so about a year out. I've never had an issue with them sending me stale / near-expiration bars before.

My brother ordered some bars in October, I can ask him to check what the expiration date of those are if he has any left.
Sep 30, 2015
145 posts
42 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Ixidor wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 2:07 pm
The bars I ordered back in July had a best before of May 30, 2018 - so about a year out. I've never had an issue with them sending me stale / near-expiration bars before.

My brother ordered some bars in October, I can ask him to check what the expiration date of those are if he has any left.
If they are around a year I'm good with that I was just seeing if they were trying to dump soon to be expired bars.
Aug 28, 2017
114 posts
153 upvotes
Thanks OP!

My wife has been driving me nuts about the RXBARS I once bought her when we were on vacation in the US.

To my surprise, finding a box for under $35-$40 in Canada is impossible....Just got her 6 boxes for xmas!

Woohooo
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
8068 posts
2876 upvotes
Toronto
You know it's true!
pca1987 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 1:58 pm
lol

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Mar 20, 2016
108 posts
51 upvotes
Vancouver
Madevilz wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 12:47 pm
Supplementsource has great deals on protein bars that taste much better than Quest (15 bucks)

Mybars (one of the best tasting bars ive had): https://www.supplementsource.ca/product ... ybar-c.htm
Nitrotech : https://www.supplementsource.ca/NitroTe ... single.htm
Thats a great deal, but the reason it tastes best is because they have 17g carbs (6g sugar). Which is fine, just personally prefer to have a no sugar added bar (kirkland).

These too for $10: https://www.supplementsource.ca/BPI_Spo ... in-bar.htm
Apr 8, 2005
786 posts
418 upvotes
While it's true that food past its expiry date is often still fine from a health perspective (and protein bars definitely fall into this category), there is absolutely no doubt the fresh Quest bars are far superior to stale ones. I'm not sure if it's the sweeteners they use or what, but the older bars first turn sticky/gluey, and then finally solidify into a dense, dry, mass. Sure, the nutritional components are likely still there, but taste-wise it's completely different.

The new Quest Oatmeal Chocolate Chip bar is a great example. Had a fresh one at Walmart in the USA and it was among my favourite bars of all time; had a stale one from GNC a few weeks later, and it was no where near as good as fresh.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
5197 posts
1227 upvotes
Montreal
jpwkr1 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 3:12 pm
Thats a great deal, but the reason it tastes best is because they have 17g carbs (6g sugar). Which is fine, just personally prefer to have a no sugar added bar (kirkland).

6g of sugar is nothing, in the end, calories is what counts whether you want to gain or lose weight.

Those BPI bars are great, I bought 48 of the chocolate covered pretzel and they taste really good. A bit heavier on the calories count however.
Last edited by Madevilz on Nov 29th, 2017 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 21, 2012
126 posts
42 upvotes
Edmonton
Mykolas wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 3:16 pm
While it's true that food past its expiry date is often still fine from a health perspective (and protein bars definitely fall into this category), there is absolutely no doubt the fresh Quest bars are far superior to stale ones. I'm not sure if it's the sweeteners they use or what, but the older bars first turn sticky/gluey, and then finally solidify into a dense, dry, mass. Sure, the nutritional components are likely still there, but taste-wise it's completely different.

The new Quest Oatmeal Chocolate Chip bar is a great example. Had a fresh one at Walmart in the USA and it was among my favourite bars of all time; had a stale one from GNC a few weeks later, and it was no where near as good as fresh.
QFT. Pro tip -- if your protein bars have turned into a dense, dry, mass try microwaving them for 5-10 seconds before eating them.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
3568 posts
1168 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
jpwkr1 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 3:12 pm

I received a trial size bar of the white chocolate pretzel in my last supplement source order and it was one of the worst tasting protein bars I've ever tasted. I wouldn't even order those for $10. To each their own though.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
5197 posts
1227 upvotes
Montreal
Melkor wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 3:28 pm
I received a trial size bar of the white chocolate pretzel in my last supplement source order and it was one of the worst tasting protein bars I've ever tasted. I wouldn't even order those for $10. To each their own though.
Send them over, I'm in love with those bars :D
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
3568 posts
1168 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Madevilz wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 3:31 pm
Send them over, I'm in love with those bars :D
I only love the price. Lol
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
5197 posts
1227 upvotes
Montreal
Melkor wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 3:37 pm
I only love the price. Lol
you definitely should try the MyBar, tastes like candy.
They were also 10 bucks when I bought them, looks like they increased it to 15 now.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
3568 posts
1168 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Madevilz wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 3:39 pm
you definitely should try the MyBar, tastes like candy.
They were also 10 bucks when I bought them, looks like they increased it to 15 now.
Do you have a link to the product? I can't seem to find it.