Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
9706 posts
331 upvotes
Brampton

Vitamins, Centrum vs. equate

I was comparing these two different brands of vitamins. They both have identical mineral and vitamin content per tablet. Centrum is selling at twice the price of Equate. Are these two brands made in the same plant or by the same company? Is it worth it to buy the more expensive brand, or not? Are they better or the same?
6 replies
Oct 6, 2015
600 posts
286 upvotes
Equate, isn't that Loblaws or Wal-Mart's store brand? Kind of like Death Brand for SDM?

There's a decent chance they're made at the same plant, but you'd have to be specific as to which products you are comparing.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
9706 posts
331 upvotes
Brampton
burnt69 wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2017 6:34 pm
Equate, isn't that Loblaws or Wal-Mart's store brand? Kind of like Death Brand for SDM?

There's a decent chance they're made at the same plant, but you'd have to be specific as to which products you are comparing.
Yea I saw the Equate brand at walmart.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
10855 posts
1473 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Equate is Walmart's in-house brand, like Exact is for Loblaws. These are always cheaper than name brands.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2002
5883 posts
639 upvotes
The fact that they have "identical mineral and vitamin content per tablet" doesn't mean anything because in the pharmacy world the cheaper generic manufacturers almost always copy the formulations of the name brand manufacturers. Its the "Look! Our stuff is identical to their stuff but we're cheaper!" kind of thing. "Buy us and save money!"
May 3, 2012
54 posts
2 upvotes
SURREY
I buy the branded names only if they are on Sales. Being a heavy users of Vitamins myself, I don't think it's worth paying more just for the brand name. I assume all brands sold in Canada goes thru proper verification, so I believe the Equate brand has what it says on it's label. I mean I would not trust vitamins that they sell from China for example.