Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Vitamix Blender $378.95 US Free Shipping to Canada....The cheapest it's ever been

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 12th, 2014 4:11 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Nov 28, 2002
6327 posts
406 upvotes
Toronto

Vitamix Blender $378.95 US Free Shipping to Canada....The cheapest it's ever been

http://www.cutleryandmore.com/vitamix/t ... m_content=

Cutlery and More has the Vitamix TurboBlend Two Speed for $378.95 US and Free Shipping to Canada.
Duties should be around $40.00 at most.
Most of you have already purchased items from them as well.
I've actually never been charged by customs when buying form them.
There are other models but this is the best bang for the buck.
Good Luck!
18 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
Anyone have this Vitamix TurboBlend model (first time I've actually heard of this model) over the touted/be-all-end-all Vitamix 5200 (a.k.a. Total Nutrition Center) and can describe real-world experiences?

I was on a massive smoothie kick last year and was looking for a Vitamix or Blendtec. I like/want overkill so you can imagine why a "normal" blender wasn't good enough for my spoiled brat ass. :lol: But now I'm eating a lot of giant meals comprised of solid food... pretty much the opposite of downing finely blended drinks and I've maybe had ONE smoothie a couple months ago. Of course I'll try to find a way to justify the expense... :lol:
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23189 posts
2327 upvotes
Singapore
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote: Anyone have this Vitamix TurboBlend model (first time I've actually heard of this model) over the touted/be-all-end-all Vitamix 5200 (a.k.a. Total Nutrition Center) and can describe real-world experiences?

I was on a massive smoothie kick last year and was looking for a Vitamix or Blendtec. I like/want overkill so you can imagine why a "normal" blender wasn't good enough for my spoiled brat ass. :lol: But now I'm eating a lot of giant meals comprised of solid food... pretty much the opposite of downing finely blended drinks and I've maybe had ONE smoothie a couple months ago. Of course I'll try to find a way to justify the expense... :lol:

I want to know too!
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
This was the thread I read previously: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/vitamix- ... o-1094045/

Unfortunately my local Costco never has premium blenders, so I was never able to get in on that deal.

I've done enough research last year and the year before on the Vitamix 5200 and the Blendtec Total Blender. I wasn't picky about either and would have jumped on either of those at a killer price. But this TurboBlend is new to me. Looks like it's back to researching again... but I have the feeling that it probably won't matter if the TurboBlend is less fully-featured than the 5200 because it will also be way overkill for the purpose for which I need it, which is simply making smoothies, and even then, I've almost completely stopped making/consuming them this past year in favour of eating bulky food. Not planning on making soups, ice creams, bread, etc. that you can supposedly make with premium blenders.

If I do end up buying it and not utilizing it, I figure I can sell it on Kijiji anyway with minimal loss, and at least I would have had the chance to try it out.

I'll report back after I've done some digging around on this TurboBlend.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
8234 posts
627 upvotes
Toronto
Any idea if they charge you state taxes on the export order?
trini wrote: http://www.cutleryandmore.com/vitamix/t ... m_content=

Cutlery and More has the Vitamix TurboBlend Two Speed for $378.95 US and Free Shipping to Canada.
Good Luck!
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
After some initial research and deliberation, I have decided to pass on this.

Here is what I found out from my brief digging around, which helped me to draw my conclusion.

This TurboBlend is a mighty blender, a nice alternative to the ubiquitous 5200 (a.k.a. Total Nutrition Center). I think it is newly released, which is why this is the first time I had heard of it, but had known about the 5200 for a while now.

At the Canadian Vitamix online store, you'd be paying $579 for the least expensive package.

$378.95 for this TurboBlend is a great deal in comparison, especially since I had discovered it was frustratingly difficult to snipe any premium blender at a significant chunk off full price.

It is beyond me why the company needs to release another model that's still stratospherically powerful and capable for the casual user when they already have the 5200 and it sells well. Maybe if you're the technical type, are familiar with premium blenders, or own a food service establishment, you may be able to pick apart the differences.

Note that this is the two-speed version that lacks the control dial in the middle of the console that allows adjustment of variable speed blending. This isn't an issue for me personally, since I am an all-or-nothing kind of guy. If I want to blend something, I want to do it at an all-out maximum and get it done as fast as possible. I personally don't dick around with intermediate settings and have no foreseeable need to blend at slower speeds. It could be designed with just two settings (off and maximum) for the over-the-top savage like myself and I'd be happy. But for those who need delicate fine-tuned adjustments, this 2-speed model could be a dealbreaker for you.

The casual user (former smoothie-only maker) like myself will probably never notice any nuanced differences between the two models, so the less expensive TurboBlend will likely suffice. It'd be like comparing two high performance sports cars for bringing my kids to school. Both will be totally overkill for that purpose but I will choose the cheaper one.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12614 posts
2318 upvotes
trini wrote: http://www.cutleryandmore.com/vitamix/t ... m_content=

Good Luck!
oh God I'm going broke....

Thanks for this. any coupons for this store? trini, primarily will be making a lot of soups. is this model what you would recommend ?
Jan 16, 2006
741 posts
98 upvotes
I might be missing something but I only see free shipping in the states.

Sub Total: $378.95 USD
Duty & Tax: $87.16 USD
The cheapest shipping was UPS standard @ $36.96

Grand Total: $503.07 USD
Dec 1, 2008
55 posts
22 upvotes
zegerman wrote: I might be missing something but I only see free shipping in the states.

Sub Total: $378.95 USD
Duty & Tax: $87.16 USD
The cheapest shipping was UPS standard @ $36.96

Grand Total: $503.07 USD

You are not wrong......"Free Shipping - We offer free Ground 2-5 business day shipping on orders over $49 to the contiguous United States" Not free shipping to Canada and on top of that it will be UPS who deliver, they have ridiculous duties/fees...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
8234 posts
627 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks, this deal is now dead due to the cost???
gbliverpool wrote: You are not wrong......"Free Shipping - We offer free Ground 2-5 business day shipping on orders over $49 to the contiguous United States" Not free shipping to Canada and on top of that it will be UPS who deliver, they have ridiculous duties/fees...
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12614 posts
2318 upvotes
A lot of ppl can still order things to the US. i am considering getting one and shipping to US but not sure if this model is the best option for me.
Feb 15, 2003
217 posts
59 upvotes
Calgary
Please change the title to "Free shipping to anywhere, except Canada"
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2008
2032 posts
1961 upvotes
Toronto
You really only need low and high speeds. I have the one with the dial from one to 10 and it's fine, but you don't really need it.

The manual says never to turn the machine on from off to high, so basically that's what I use the dial for - to gradually speed it up before high. If you plan to do some chopping - like dicing an onion or something - then you might miss that benefit.

On the whole, I highly recommend this blender. I make sugar free ice cream that tastes amazing and I use it for breakfast every single day.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 28, 2002
6327 posts
406 upvotes
Toronto
Here's a previous thread on those of us that bought items from Cutlery and More, my knives came with canada post and the box is about the same size and weight as the vitamix.
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/henckel- ... om-953363/

This model here is the same as the 5200 except the colour and it does not have the variable control knob which most people will never use.

I posted this because i thought it would be a good deal for some of you.
Nov 27, 2011
9 posts
Just bought Health Master Elite 2 hp blender Culinary model for $199 plus UPS delivery to Canada $45 . Wife is very happy making hot soups in 10 minutes.
www.myhealthmaster.com
Jun 11, 2007
165 posts
26 upvotes
Has no one considered the refurb models on the canadian site? I know nothing of these blenders nor do i currently have a need for them however the refurbs still come with the 7 year warranty. Also the one listed seems to be a higher model than the US deal in the op.

https://secure.vitamix.com/CA/Reconditi ... er-ca.aspx
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
anbbna wrote: Just bought Health Master Elite 2 hp blender Culinary model for $199 plus UPS delivery to Canada $45 . Wife is very happy making hot soups in 10 minutes.
www.myhealthmaster.com

Looks good but on amazon.com, it has mixed reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/HealthMaster-LWHM ... 166&sr=1-1

I wouldn't want to find out what the CIA are blending in these:

Vitamix 1363 CIA Professional Series, Platinum

http://www.amazon.com/Vitamix-1363-CIA- ... 261&sr=1-3
Jul 14, 2011
84 posts
18 upvotes
St Thomas
Costco.ca has the op's 2-speed blender for $389 CAD. Old thread, but if someone is looking for info like this, as I am, it could be helpful to know.