Coupons

[Red Corner Store] Vitamix Blenders – 20% off coupon (w/250 Air Miles redemption)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 6th, 2018 10:44 pm
[OP]
Jul 24, 2018
111 posts
57 upvotes

Vitamix Blenders – 20% off coupon (w/250 Air Miles redemption)

Deal Link:
Savings:
20% off
Expiry:
August 8, 2019
Retailer:
Red Corner Store
One more option to save for those considering a premium blender. For example, you can save $159.99 on a $799.99 Ascent A3500; $149.99 off on a $749.99 Pro 750; or $119.99 off on a $599.99 Ascent A2300.

My experience:

The concept of paying for a discount is a little unusual, but (in my opinion) the above examples are a good value for your reward Miles. The coupon arrived from Air Miles about ten days after redemption. Although the A3500 was marked "back-ordered" when I placed the online order, it arrived after only two days.

Red Corner Store responds to e-mails in a timely fashion. Unfortunately, they don't offer any accessories on their site, so I had to look elsewhere.

I've since ordered the smaller 1.4L (48oz) self-detect wet container at Costco.ca for $139.99 (shipping included)—significantly cheaper than I could find anywhere else—although, I believe it's back-ordered because I've yet to receive a shipping notification. I also ordered the 20oz Blending Cup Starter Kit (currently out of stock) at Amazon.ca for $161.28. They expect the kit ($179.99 elsewhere) to be in stock again on August 8th, but delivery is August 13-15th. These are the best prices I could find online, so I don't mind waiting since the blender includes a rather large 1.9L (64oz) wet container.

Side note: Red Corner Store currently sells the A3500 in Stainless Steel only, and when I mentioned it in passing to Vitamix during warranty registration, they offered to exchange it for another finish—free shipping in both directions. Good to know, and great first impression of the company.

I hope this information helps someone else who is in the market for this type of appliance, but who also wishes to save a significant amount of money.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the blender shipped with a 10% off coupon towards a future store purchase, which I'm guessing is standard.

EDIT: Expiry date added.

EDIT: Updated expiry date: 2019
6 replies
[OP]
Jul 24, 2018
111 posts
57 upvotes
The coupon offer has reappeared on Air Miles, so it looks like it might be a permanent promo that is updated annually. I wonder how a mere 250 Air Miles (to them, not us) can possibly make up for the significant difference in price? There are occasional promotions elsewhere, but this one is good anytime. Anyway, that's it from me on the topic. I hope this helps someone in the future.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2015
1448 posts
700 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
250 reward miles to redeem a 20% code isn't a bad deal
I wonder if the coupon code is stackable with other offers
[OP]
Jul 24, 2018
111 posts
57 upvotes
I can attest to their timely replies to e-mail inquiries, so there's no harm in asking. I would imagine the answer is no, but— assuming another valid coupon is available—they may if there is still enough room for an operating profit. These folks are willing to sell at other retailers' sale prices anytime with the Air Miles redemption, but if "timing" isn't a factor, then you may want to keep your Miles and wait for a sale.

Edit: typos, wordiness.
Dec 7, 2007
55 posts
27 upvotes
Gotta ask, is it really hot to get a 20% code for 250 air miles? I thought that air miles were better than that. Maybe I’ve just gotten old and my expectations are still high when they were good.
Aug 13, 2018
13 posts
4 upvotes
One more option to save for those considering a premium blender. For example, you can save $159.99 on a $799.99 Ascent A3500; $149.99 off on a $749.99 Pro 750; or $119.99 off on a $599.99 Ascent A2300.

My experience:

The concept of paying for a discount is a little unusual, but (in my opinion) the above examples are a good value for your reward Miles. The coupon arrived from Air Miles about ten days after redemption. Although the A3500 was marked "back-ordered" when I placed the online order, it arrived after only two days.

Red Corner Store responds to e-mails in a timely fashion. Unfortunately, they don't offer any accessories on their site, so I had to look elsewhere.

I've since ordered the smaller 1.4L (48oz) self-detect wet container at Costco.ca for $139.99 (shipping included)—significantly cheaper than I could find anywhere else—although, I believe it's back-ordered because I've yet to receive a shipping notification. I also ordered the 20oz Blending Cup Starter Kit (currently out of stock) at Amazon.ca for $161.28. They expect the kit ($179.99 elsewhere) to be in stock again on August 8th, but delivery is August 13-15th. These are the best prices I could find online, so I don't mind waiting since the blender includes a rather large 1.9L (64oz) wet container.

Side note: Red Corner Store currently sells the A3500 in Stainless Steel only, and when I mentioned it in passing to Vitamix during warranty registration, they offered to exchange it for another finish—free shipping in both directions. Good to know, and great first impression of the company.

I hope this information helps someone else who is in the market for this type of appliance, but who also wishes to save a significant amount of money.
[OP]
Jul 24, 2018
111 posts
57 upvotes
Yes, I agree and I was surprised to see it on Air Miles as well. This is an unusual, but excellent use of Miles if you're in the market for one of these machines. Sales are so hit and miss. Now I see that you can redeem your Miles for an Ascent A2500, whereas it wasn't available at the time of my redemption.

In my case, the 250 reward miles amounted to a value of $159.99 off on a $799.99 blender. The lowest price Vitamix blender retails for $599.99, and a 250 Miles redemption amounts to a value of $119.99. Another example would be the equivalent cash value of 250 Air Miles if you could do it that way: $26.32 @ $10 per 95 Miles.

I don't know, but I think I'd be open to seeing more options like this rather than cashing in chunks of Miles that take a long time to accumulate. But that's only my opinion.