Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Vitamix

Certified Reconditioned Standard Programs $379

Aug 18, 2016
190 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
6300 has the taller container, and three presets. But the 5300 has the additional .2 horsepower, and lower profile container. 6300 has 2.
Heads up that these things get LOUD at High, like wake up the house loud!
Dec 17, 2007
373 posts
47 upvotes
Montreal
Just got mine delivered, also a model vmo102b which seems to be the 6300. It also comes with a recipe book on top of the free one with the coupon.
As soon as it arrived I washed it, put a mango, banana, frozen raspberries, 2 ice cubes and 2 clementines in it and pushed the "Smoothie" preset. It started spinning for 30 seconds and then went into high gear for another 30 or so seconds to then stop by itself.
Best smoothie ever :)
The only negative is there where still small pieces of raspberry seeds, none whole but I had read it could completely pulverize raspberry seeds so I'm going to have to try blending it for longer next time. Still an amazing smoothie that tasted great and no regrets whatsoever for the price! Thanks again OP and others who provided the coupons.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2004
2220 posts
210 upvotes
Vancouver
SpykeYs wrote: Hey Guys !

I have been looking at this thread for 4-5 days and I'm very tempted to pull the trigger. Our cheap blender SUCKS and we would like to invest in something good.

I would have liked to leave it under my cabinet doors but the classic tall version is too tall. I see that they have a low profile version of the blender... Would you guys recommend it or I should stick with the classic version ? I will mostly do servings for 2. Any huge advantages to go with the low profile version ?

Thanks!
Same base (motor) but different sized containers. I bought the original size one but it was too tall for storage under the cabinets, so gf ended up buying the shorter container. Both work exactly the same, except for how much volume it holds.
Nov 22, 2015
878 posts
1184 upvotes
Toronto
olssy wrote: Just got mine delivered, also a model vmo102b which seems to be the 6300. It also comes with a recipe book on top of the free one with the coupon.
As soon as it arrived I washed it, put a mango, banana, frozen raspberries, 2 ice cubes and 2 clementines in it and pushed the "Smoothie" preset. It started spinning for 30 seconds and then went into high gear for another 30 or so seconds to then stop by itself.
Best smoothie ever :)
The only negative is there where still small pieces of raspberry seeds, none whole but I had read it could completely pulverize raspberry seeds so I'm going to have to try blending it for longer next time. Still an amazing smoothie that tasted great and no regrets whatsoever for the price! Thanks again OP and others who provided the coupons.
Not sure about your servings but be careful cause you can easily blend too much sugar. Blend some greens, nuts, seeds maybe if you are interested.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2014
1490 posts
703 upvotes
Toronto
Not sure if mines the 6300 because when I search that model it shows as 500.

Also, does the container move while the blender is on? I feel it's not a tight fit when I have the canister on the base. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2009
1661 posts
511 upvotes
Boomer23 wrote: Not sure if mines the 6300 because when I search that model it shows as 500.

Also, does the container move while the blender is on? I feel it's not a tight fit when I have the canister on the base. Thanks.
Yes mine moves as well. In the manual it says it will move at the start and will settle into place. Nothing to worry about.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
3071 posts
1585 upvotes
So is it like a lottery as to which model you get?
Mar 6, 2016
164 posts
89 upvotes
kanewtz wrote: So is it like a lottery as to which model you get?
I have ordered and received 4. 2 in January and 2 yesterday.. gifts for the family. The blenders look exactly the same as the picture on the order page. My guess is that its the 500 series pro model Just like this one. The variance in model numbers doesn't seem to change the product you get.. so they all may be the same blender branded differently in different markets over time.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
4777 posts
5070 upvotes
East GTA
Wow this just saved us a lot of money. My SO was interested in getting the Vitamix for a while. We were waiting for a Costco deal but then decided the reconditioned ones would be just fine. Then I remembered seeing this post a few days ago.

Didn't think it would make a huge difference, but saved us an additional $70! Thanks OP.
NO SOUP FOR YOU!

+1337
Dec 19, 2005
338 posts
240 upvotes
Ottawa
Mine showed up this morning - FINALLY! I'm going to blend all weekend.

It's the 6300. The model number is printed right on the base. It's PRISTINE... no evidence of any previous use ever. My grimy fingerprints are the only sign it's been touched.

The power cord is shorter than I thought it would be so I will have to reevaluate my planned storage / blend area.
Nov 25, 2016
172 posts
548 upvotes
meagicano wrote: The power cord is shorter than I thought it would be so I will have to reevaluate my planned storage / blend area.
Are you sure you looked underneath the base :)

Power Cord: Your machine is equipped with a long power cord. Store the unused
portion neatly underneath. Plastic cable retainers hold the cord securely. They are
flexible and return to position after the cord is lifted out.
Dec 19, 2005
338 posts
240 upvotes
Ottawa
natrill wrote: Are you sure you looked underneath the base :)

Power Cord: Your machine is equipped with a long power cord. Store the unused
portion neatly underneath. Plastic cable retainers hold the cord securely. They are
flexible and return to position after the cord is lifted out.
I am laughing so hard I'm crying right now.

Let's chalk this up to a blonde moment

I JUST WANTED TO BLEND OK?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 11, 2004
5318 posts
3944 upvotes
Milton, ON.
For all who got theirs, and never used one of these before.
Get a long, slim, silicon spatula to scrape the bottom if you are making anything but smoothies. There will always be stuff left on the bottom and under the blades. This is the only reason why I sold mine.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3908 posts
2123 upvotes
Vancouver
By any chance does the jar wiggle quite a bit when sitting on the base? My friend just got hers and she was surprised at how much side-to-side movement there was on the jar when sitting in place to blend. She hasn't turned it on for fear that it'll spit the jar out.

I told her to contact Vitamix directly, but thought I'd ask here as well. TIA
Mar 6, 2016
164 posts
89 upvotes
Bishop8 wrote: By any chance does the jar wiggle quite a bit when sitting on the base? My friend just got hers and she was surprised at how much side-to-side movement there was on the jar when sitting in place to blend. She hasn't turned it on for fear that it'll spit the jar out.

I told her to contact Vitamix directly, but thought I'd ask here as well. TIA
I have been using daily for almost 6 months. It does wiggle a bit, mostly at the start of the smoothie preset mode in my case... but I never felt the need to hold it in place and it never looked to be in danger of falling off.
Nov 22, 2015
878 posts
1184 upvotes
Toronto
I havent noticed my 6300 wiggling for the past few days I've had it.. Maybe I didnt pay attention.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3908 posts
2123 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks for the responses, but for clarity I actually meant when the blender is off. When she puts the jar on, she doesn't feel it seats very tightly, and can swivel the jar side-to-side on the base a little less than 1/8 turn. Not sure if this is normal.
Sep 19, 2007
693 posts
200 upvotes
Bishop8 wrote: Thanks for the responses, but for clarity I actually meant when the blender is off. When she puts the jar on, she doesn't feel it seats very tightly, and can swivel the jar side-to-side on the base a little less than 1/8 turn. Not sure if this is normal.
We have the 6300 and it does the same thing. It's normal IMO - doesn't hurt.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
2020 posts
193 upvotes
Marbella
I got reconditioned unit with extended warranty (8 yrs total), dry contanier, couple of extra books, free shipping and extra 10% off by calling in. Total with discount was $653.03 including tax.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)