Expired Hot Deals

[Vitamix] Vitamix Reconditioned + Free Shipping $339 ($90 off)

• Last Updated:
  • May 18th, 2018 9:57 pm
Nov 28, 2009
213 posts
93 upvotes
Markham
I ended up purchasing the Vitamix I'm going to return the Blendtec didn't even open the box.
Dec 11, 2008
65 posts
15 upvotes
I bought blendtec and this refurbished Vitamix, both did a good job on soups/smoothies/ice cream. The Vitamix had a minor scratches on it, they are sending a replacement no questions asked. The reason I am keeping Vitamix is that the build quality and materials look so much better.the blendtec looks cheap next to it. Whatever I blended in Vitamix was slightly smoother, I also liked only using 1 jar for everything. I think it's worth the extra coin
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
1836 posts
1223 upvotes
GTA
canadacelt wrote:
Feb 27th, 2018 12:56 pm
I bought blendtec and this refurbished Vitamix, both did a good job on soups/smoothies/ice cream. The Vitamix had a minor scratches on it, they are sending a replacement no questions asked. The reason I am keeping Vitamix is that the build quality and materials look so much better.the blendtec looks cheap next to it. Whatever I blended in Vitamix was slightly smoother, I also liked only using 1 jar for everything. I think it's worth the extra coin
I thought minor scratches on a refurb was just par for the course. What is scratched? and how did Vitamix respond when you called?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
1836 posts
1223 upvotes
GTA
I'm wondering if there's chance that if you pay extra for 8 year warranty will Vitamix just send a brand new unit?
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
5584 posts
1255 upvotes
GTA
canadacelt wrote:
Feb 27th, 2018 12:56 pm
vitamix has been proven to be superior by many reviewers, users like you etc... blendtec just has a following that will always love it.
Aug 5, 2015
966 posts
459 upvotes
Montreal, QC
porksoda wrote:
Feb 27th, 2018 10:25 pm
vitamix has been proven to be superior by many reviewers, users like you etc... blendtec just has a following that will always love it.
Yes it's strange, some Blendtec owners seem to have a feverish devotion to prove that their Blendtec is as good as a Vitamix. I've had someone go banana in this thread about the Blendtec deal being much better than this deal, and that it was a fact of life.
Happy Koodo customer :-)
Sep 8, 2006
20 posts
31 upvotes
Quebec
damn RDF effect, i was looking for a vitamix since 1 year, i just received mine, it looks brand new, the top of the blender is piano black and there is not even 1 scratch. The jar looks brand new.
Feb 15, 2012
19 posts
11 upvotes
Richibucto Road
willy0275 wrote:
Feb 28th, 2018 9:27 am
Yes it's strange, some Blendtec owners seem to have a feverish devotion to prove that their Blendtec is as good as a Vitamix. I've had someone go banana in this thread about the Blendtec deal being much better than this deal, and that it was a fact of life.
Funny, I had someone go bananas also. It takes all kinds.
Nov 21, 2010
648 posts
156 upvotes
Canada
porksoda wrote:
Feb 27th, 2018 10:25 pm
To be fair, it goes both ways. And most of the superiority that is rather highly objective opinions, seems to stem from the tamper. And there are tamper systems available for blendtec, albeit from third parties. That's the only knock against blendtec that I can see is legitimate.
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
5584 posts
1255 upvotes
GTA
likebutta wrote:
Feb 28th, 2018 12:43 pm
To be fair, it goes both ways. And most of the superiority that is rather highly objective opinions, seems to stem from the tamper. And there are tamper systems available for blendtec, albeit from third parties. That's the only knock against blendtec that I can see is legitimate.
It's not a day and night difference, but even without the tamper the performance is obvious. Try making mayo in blendtec and vitamix side by side.
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
5584 posts
1255 upvotes
GTA
willy0275 wrote:
Feb 28th, 2018 9:27 am
Good for us consumers we have this competition, keeps both companies on its toes.
Jul 9, 2008
60 posts
41 upvotes
Fredericton
I didn't see this posted anywhere, if you add the cookbook, 101 blender drinks, it is free under the same coupon code.
Dec 17, 2017
24 posts
10 upvotes
h5u3u wrote:
Feb 28th, 2018 1:23 pm
I didn't see this posted anywhere, if you add the cookbook, 101 blender drinks, it is free under the same coupon code.
It added it automatically when I entered the promo code
Jan 3, 2007
158 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
Just got the vitamix, build quality wise much higher than the blendtec. BUT OMG i am NOT used to the tamper - tried to do a simple smoothie from frozen fruits with lots of liquid, it would not mix without constant tamping! Took forever to do a smoothie as i am not used to tampering, and it was super awkward as im short and with it sitting so high on the counter it was not convenient to lift my arm so high to tamper without seeing whats going on inside. Blendtec on the other hand is as simple as pushing a button... vitamix had a slightly smoother texture.
Aug 27, 2006
175 posts
85 upvotes
Woodbridge
penguindude wrote:
Mar 1st, 2018 12:36 am
Just got the vitamix, build quality wise much higher than the blendtec. BUT OMG i am NOT used to the tamper - tried to do a simple smoothie from frozen fruits with lots of liquid, it would not mix without constant tamping! Took forever to do a smoothie as i am not used to tampering, and it was super awkward as im short and with it sitting so high on the counter it was not convenient to lift my arm so high to tamper without seeing whats going on inside. Blendtec on the other hand is as simple as pushing a button... vitamix had a slightly smoother texture.
Hmmmm, never had an issue making smoothy with my Vitamix.
Unless you are making a small portion.
The current 64oz (Next Generation) Vitamix container is wider and shorter. So, doesn't work well with small portions.
The older model came with narrow and taller (64oz Classic) container that was good for everything....but much taller.

You can always get the smaller 32oz jar for small portions. It also comes with tampers.
Costco sells it for $120 when they have demos.