Expired Hot Deals

[Vitamix] Vitamix Reconditioned + Free Shipping $339 ($90 off)

• Last Updated:
  • May 18th, 2018 9:57 pm
Jan 17, 2007
90 posts
21 upvotes
The tall Classic container is better than the new style wide container for blending smaller amounts. You can use it to blend about a cup of ingredients compared to at least two cups with the wide container.
The wide container is otherwise better because it requires less use of the tamper, larger capacity for dry chopping and it allows the blender to fit under kitchen cabinets. Many Ascent users buy a smaller second container and cups to have the most options.
Mar 24, 2011
292 posts
48 upvotes
Vancouver
scotsum wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 7:00 pm
for me its absolutely worth it. got a 6yr old vitamix 750pro & I'm using it 1-2x daily 4-6days/week. beyond zero issues, what a vitamix (& I'm assuming the equivalent blendtec as well) brings to the table is the fantastic job it does. it'll crush & liquify almost any foods (frozen or otherwise) including items like flaxseeds & have it all come out as smooth as can be.

I make 1 min sorbets, 2 min nut butters, 5 min raw tomato soups above & beyond smoothies & other generic uses for blenders plus I'm expecting a good number of years of service beyond the 6 I already put in. I dont think one can say the same for the cheap(er) blenders on the market so one could see this beast as an investment rather than just a blender.
Thanks! I had a cuisinart blender that I got for free from a friend who replaced it with a VItamix and the cuisinArt wasn't particularly that great and it broke when I was moving. Anyone know if the certified reconditioned ones are different from the this ? http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/vitam ... p.html#srp

Can they make soup right from the blender?
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
1800 posts
195 upvotes
Vancouver
pentexplorer wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 5:25 pm
I am looking for a blender now but not sure if I spend that much for one, is it really worth it ? I am looking at ninja brands and also kitchenaid or black n decker , though im sure those are subpar but for $300 more? I could spend $100 on a blender or up to $400 on one. But then again i guess vitamix would last me a long time
Spend the money and get a good blender. I was on the fence as well and got a blender from Canada tire which was on clearance from like $200 to $80.

I used it a few times in the 1.5 years i had it and then it just sat on the counter. The times I used it, it did not blend well and had no tamber so everything got stuck.

Finally I got feedup and saw this deal 6 months ago and went for it. Now I make smoothies at least 5 times a week, margaritas and other alcoholic drinks, ice cream.

The blender went from the least used applicance to the most used and I don't regret spending so much.

As for the condition it looked brand new, I had to look hard and I thought I might be a little scratch on the base.

The one thing I don't like and I know they say it's a benefit but I wish the blade could be detached, as when you make nut butters or ice cream alot gets stuck by the blade and it's hard to get out and lose quite a bit of the good stuff.
Aug 29, 2017
24 posts
8 upvotes
Thank you OP, I bought the same one with free slow shipping 2 days ago thinking it was a good price. Now it's even better!
Jul 24, 2011
9 posts
2 upvotes
WINNIPEG
I ordered the same blender with the same coupon code on Feb 3rd (a Saturday) and received on Wednesday that same week. I love it! It just fits on my counter under my cabinets, for storage, if I keep the lid upside down. It's only been a week and I've already made green smoothies almost daily, plus cashew milk, turmeric lattes, and vegan queso,

My total was $384.15. I forgot to check which model I received but it's white and looked brand new. I like that you are guaranteed a brand new container shell, lid, and tamper with the certified reconditioned program - https://www.vitamix.com/us/en_us/Shop/C ... ng-Process. I also love how easy it is to clean (just rinse then run with the soap and water and rinse again) and now I don't have a blender to wash taking up room in my sink or dishwasher every day.

Great purchase!
Oct 7, 2015
285 posts
234 upvotes
Vanier, ON
I got the the certified Vitamix from Amazon maybe a month ago, for same price. I want to share that it looked just like brand new when it arrived, only without the original box. The exact same one at Costco was on sale that week, I think it was 549.99 before tax, and I paid around 384 tax in.
Dec 25, 2013
143 posts
14 upvotes
Calgary
Any idea how long this deal will last for?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
2541 posts
1183 upvotes
Toronto
The Vitamix is the best kitchen appliance we've purchased in a while. We use it multiple times a week for smoothies mostly. It's paid itself off in terms of purchasing store bought green smoothies. Lots of great recipes out there.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
2638 posts
1243 upvotes
Calgary
pentexplorer wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 1:29 am
Can they make soup right from the blender?
absolutely one can make soups direct. the vitamix has such a strong heavy duty motor that one can run continuously at the highest rpm for 6mins (& I'm assuming longer but I havent had an opportunity to test its limits) where most lesser blenders will have already shut down from overheating.

just my 2c here but a fair warning to the peeps who haven't tried vitamix raw soups - the soup has a very different (to me) taste than your ubiquitous canned Campbell's &or even homemade cooked soups. it does take a bit of adjustment to get used to raw soups. I would hold the onions & garlic as a little goes a long way when its raw.
Aug 24, 2003
845 posts
106 upvotes
gvrd
flvacationgirl wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 9:35 am
I ordered the same blender with the same coupon code on Feb 3rd (a Saturday) and received on Wednesday that same week. I love it! It just fits on my counter under my cabinets, for storage, if I keep the lid upside down. It's only been a week and I've already made green smoothies almost daily, plus cashew milk, turmeric lattes, and vegan queso,

My total was $384.15. I forgot to check which model I received but it's white and looked brand new. I like that you are guaranteed a brand new container shell, lid, and tamper with the certified reconditioned program - https://www.vitamix.com/us/en_us/Shop/C ... ng-Process. I also love how easy it is to clean (just rinse then run with the soap and water and rinse again) and now I don't have a blender to wash taking up room in my sink or dishwasher every day.

Great purchase!
what model did you receive?
i have a blendtec and want to get a vitamix so i can make thick dips easier. does the plunger do well with this?
Dec 25, 2013
143 posts
14 upvotes
Calgary
Now to just decide on color!
Jul 24, 2011
9 posts
2 upvotes
WINNIPEG
barqy wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 2:57 pm
i have a blendtec and want to get a vitamix so i can make thick dips easier. does the plunger do well with this?
I will check the exact model when I get home in 2 hours and will post back. I haven't tried any thick dips yet but will later this week. (The queso was thin in the blender and then thickened on the stove.)
Sep 22, 2010
204 posts
89 upvotes
Victoria
I recently did an "at home" 3 way comparison between a Vitamix 5300, Blendtech Total Home, and the Ninja blender. Between the 3 of them the 5300 won out. The Blendtech was the biggest disappointment of the 3 since I had such high hopes for it (and secretly thought I was going to keep it). The Ninja was certainly the best bang for the buck, but at the end of the day, the Vitamix with its tamper was the clear winner. It is everything I want in a blender with nothing else. Simple solid switches and knob and works like a champ.

If anyone in the Victoria/Lower Vancouver Island area is picking one of these up and prefers one of the 64oz low profile containers message me, as I have one brand new in box with lid and tamper that I would be interested in trading for your brand new taller container with lid and tamper.

Thanks,
Cal.
Jan 17, 2007
90 posts
21 upvotes
flvacationgirl wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 3:10 pm
The tamper works great for thick dips and nut butters. It makes blending fast and easy.

I will check the exact model when I get home in 2 hours and will post back. I haven't tried any thick dips yet but will later this week. (The queso was thin in the blender and then thickened on the stove.)
barqy wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 2:57 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
1774 posts
184 upvotes
Gta
Why do I keep calling coming back here? I just purchased the Costco blendtec for 297 and now I see this! Which one to get. I know this is refurbished but it has a 30 day money back guarantee if I’m not satisfied. What to do ? From a lot of online reviews ...seems the Vitamix is a better all around blender ?