Expired Hot Deals

[Vitamix] Vitamix Reconditioned + Free Shipping $339 ($90 off)

• Last Updated:
  • May 18th, 2018 9:57 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
1686 posts
967 upvotes
Toronto
I posted this in the Blendtec thread but meant to post it here....

Vitamix models have 2 different motors, one is 2.0 HP, the newer one is 2.2 HP . With luck you'll get a model with the 2.2 as I believe it's actually a little quieter.

For those who have received theirs already, what model did they send you?
Feb 22, 2013
217 posts
64 upvotes
The description does state that you will be getting the 2.0 how model. I checked every colour.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
1686 posts
967 upvotes
Toronto
sparkaction wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 5:51 pm
The description does state that you will be getting the 2.0 how model. I checked every colour.

yes, it also states product could be Pro 500, 6300, 6500 or Total Nutrition Center. The 6500 has the 2.2 hp motor, the other 3 are 2.0 hp

Edited : the Pro 500 is 2.0HP, not 2.2 as I originally posted

Last edited by Kfox on Feb 14th, 2018 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jun 12, 2017
224 posts
161 upvotes
Montreal (QC)
deeznuts wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 10:41 am
Two words: hot soup

Might be old news, but this sort of blew my mind. I wasn't a big soup guy until I bought on of these reconditioned Vitamixes awhile back.

Ingredients
1/4 (43 g) small onion, peeled.
1/2 tablespoon olive oil.
1 (270 g) sweet potato, baked.
1/2 (75 g) apple, seeded.
1 (70 g) carrot, halved.
1 vegetable bouillon cube.
1 1/2 cups (360 ml) water.

Directions
In a saucepan, sauté onion in olive oil for 5 minutes or until tender.
Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
Select Variable 1.
Turn machine on and slowly increase to the highest speed. (or just select the soup setting)
Blend for 5-6 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid. Serve immediately.

Welcome to soup country!
Can I add hot-dogs and ketchup to that soup for a hearty soup that eats just like a meal?
[OP]
Aug 28, 2007
612 posts
180 upvotes
Vancouver
pentexplorer wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 4:29 pm
Please let me know so I can buy : )
I think I got the 6300. The model number is VM0102B
Jul 1, 2008
235 posts
47 upvotes
Brampton, ON
When I use my Ascent A2500 for smoothies.. it makes lot of noise similarly as if running on top speed.
Is it noise normal?

Anyone having nosie issue with their Reconditioned Vitmax
Mar 24, 2011
151 posts
7 upvotes
Vancouver
ForbiddenX wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 8:47 pm
I think I got the 6300. The model number is VM0102B
sweet and which color did you get ?
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2006
4060 posts
1467 upvotes
Toronto
Kfox wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 5:25 pm
I posted this in the Blendtec thread but meant to post it here....

Vitamix models have 2 different motors, one is 2.0 HP, the newer one is 2.2 HP . With luck you'll get a model with the 2.2 as I believe it's actually a little quieter.

For those who have received theirs already, what model did they send you?
pentexplorer wrote:
Feb 15th, 2018 2:19 am

sweet and which color did you get ?
Wait a second... so not only you are buying something that is not new and has been reconditioned/refurbished/repaired... but also they decide what they send you and you don't know what you are getting until you open your box?... Astonished Face

Wow... I agree with whoever said it before, that this is not a deal, but you are actually paying less for something that is not new and you don't get to choose to your liking; honestly, this is not a real deal,... IMO a real deal would be getting a new vitamix that you could choose (model and colour) for this price
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Aug 14, 2017
12 posts
roblombardi wrote:
Feb 15th, 2018 7:59 am
Wait a second... so not only you are buying something that is not new and has been reconditioned/refurbished/repaired... but also they decide what they send you and you don't know what you are getting until you open your box?... Astonished Face

Wow... I agree with whoever said it before, that this is not a deal, but you are actually paying less for something that is not new and you don't get to choose to your liking; honestly, this is not a real deal,... IMO a real deal would be getting a new vitamix that you could choose (model and colour) for this price
I am trying to decide between this and the Blendtec, but in regards to the colour, can't you choose what colour you like when adding to cart? I get that option there so I am confused when there are people questioning colour.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
1070 posts
637 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Got mine from the previous sales for almost the same price, plus free cook books
Apr 1, 2015
32 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto, ON
What's a better deal? This or the Blendtec from Costco online?
Jan 17, 2007
85 posts
16 upvotes
roblombardi wrote:
Feb 15th, 2018 7:59 am

Yes this is still a good deal. A reconditioned Vitamix is just like a new machine. AFAIK there's no difference between the models aside from the labeling and the cookbooks they came with. You can choose the colour but you cannot choose the model number printed on the faceplate. Some units will have a generic faceplate with no model number.

The Certified Reconditioned Standard Programs models are 11.5 A (2.0 HP) motors with Pulse, 3 Programs (Smoothies, Frozen Desserts, Hot Soup), Variable Speed 1-10. On the back of the machines, the reconditioned models will have a sticker on top of the original sticker and the model # VM0102B. The package comes with a brand new 64 oz. Classic BPA-free container, rubber lid and plastic tamper, Introduction to High Performance Blending cookbook and 5 Yr. warranty with free two-way shipping.

Regarding the black specks (PTFE) defect, this issue was resolved and containers made since 2017 do not have this issue. The date of manufacture will be stamped on the blade. My container blade is stamped "11-17" or November 2017. Buying directly from Vitamix guarantees new stock defect free containers.
Aug 5, 2015
850 posts
336 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I've been using my reconditioned Vitamix (which I got for $300 I think) for a year now and could not be more pleased. I prefer the Vitamix over the Blendtec so for me this is a better deal, even at $30 more. With the Blendtec I'd need to get the third party tamper/lid, which would end up costing as much as the difference.
Happy Koodo customer :-)
Dec 30, 2013
167 posts
48 upvotes
Mississauga
willy0275 wrote:
Feb 15th, 2018 8:52 am
I've been using my reconditioned Vitamix (which I got for $300 I think) for a year now and could not be more pleased. I prefer the Vitamix over the Blendtec so for me this is a better deal, even at $30 more. With the Blendtec I'd need to get the third party tamper/lid, which would end up costing as much as the difference.
Stop touting your vitamix, the blentec deal is clearly the better deal, new vs refurb, blendtec has more features and has better motor and comes with extras, for tamper if you really need you can buy separate and it would still be cheaper then this refurb.
Jan 17, 2007
85 posts
16 upvotes
AkaTdog wrote:
Feb 15th, 2018 9:00 am
Stop touting your vitamix, the blentec deal is clearly the better deal, new vs refurb, blendtec has more features and has better motor and comes with extras, for tamper if you really need you can buy separate and it would still be cheaper then this refurb.
Better motor or marketing hype?