Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Vitamix

Vitamix Reconditioned + Free Shipping $339 ($90 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 24th, 2019 1:02 am
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
7236 posts
3052 upvotes
GTA
willy0275 wrote: Yes it's strange, some Blendtec owners seem to have a feverish devotion to prove that their Blendtec is as good as a Vitamix. I've had someone go banana in this thread about the Blendtec deal being much better than this deal, and that it was a fact of life.
Good for us consumers we have this competition, keeps both companies on its toes.
Jul 9, 2008
67 posts
43 upvotes
Fredericton
I didn't see this posted anywhere, if you add the cookbook, 101 blender drinks, it is free under the same coupon code.
Dec 17, 2017
172 posts
267 upvotes
h5u3u wrote: I didn't see this posted anywhere, if you add the cookbook, 101 blender drinks, it is free under the same coupon code.
It added it automatically when I entered the promo code
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2007
3044 posts
481 upvotes
Toronto
Just got the vitamix, build quality wise much higher than the blendtec. BUT OMG i am NOT used to the tamper - tried to do a simple smoothie from frozen fruits with lots of liquid, it would not mix without constant tamping! Took forever to do a smoothie as i am not used to tampering, and it was super awkward as im short and with it sitting so high on the counter it was not convenient to lift my arm so high to tamper without seeing whats going on inside. Blendtec on the other hand is as simple as pushing a button... vitamix had a slightly smoother texture.
Aug 27, 2006
531 posts
1180 upvotes
GTA
penguindude wrote: Just got the vitamix, build quality wise much higher than the blendtec. BUT OMG i am NOT used to the tamper - tried to do a simple smoothie from frozen fruits with lots of liquid, it would not mix without constant tamping! Took forever to do a smoothie as i am not used to tampering, and it was super awkward as im short and with it sitting so high on the counter it was not convenient to lift my arm so high to tamper without seeing whats going on inside. Blendtec on the other hand is as simple as pushing a button... vitamix had a slightly smoother texture.
Hmmmm, never had an issue making smoothy with my Vitamix.
Unless you are making a small portion.
The current 64oz (Next Generation) Vitamix container is wider and shorter. So, doesn't work well with small portions.
The older model came with narrow and taller (64oz Classic) container that was good for everything....but much taller.

You can always get the smaller 32oz jar for small portions. It also comes with tampers.
Costco sells it for $120 when they have demos.
Aug 4, 2014
197 posts
62 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
zdpz wrote: I'm stuck in the same boat as you. Whether to get Costco brand new Designer Blendtec with the free jars or get this one from Vitamix
Update: Ok can't decide so order this Vitamix deal as well. Will test if Vitamix really is the smoother one even with Blendtec combined with aftermarket tamper lid and jar.

I also got the Costco Original Designer Blendtec. Only used it once today for a thick smoothie and Almond butter. The twister jar so far is just so so. I have ordered an Alterna jar with the tamper lid and their sharp blades. I know the Blendtec has higher peak hp vs Vitamix and i like the digital look of Blendtec more, but reviews seem to show the Vitamix gets more creamy results. I'm hoping it's because of the tamper only. When i get the Alterna this sat i will test. If it's no better, then might have to switch over to Vitamix.
Dec 17, 2017
172 posts
267 upvotes
sirkdub wrote: reviews seem to show the Vitamix gets more creamy results. I'm hoping it's because of the tamper only.
Considering I've only used the tamper 2-3 times so far, and made a lot of smoothies already (along w almond butter, cashew queso etc), it's not because of the tamper...

This machine just makes the absolute best smoothies. Again, havent used blendtec, but not poosible to be smoother than velvet.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3874 posts
5397 upvotes
Oakville
sirkdub wrote: Update: Ok can't decide so order this Vitamix deal as well. Will test if Vitamix really is the smoother one even with Blendtec combined with aftermarket tamper lid and jar.

I also got the Costco Original Designer Blendtec. Only used it once today for a thick smoothie and Almond butter. The twister jar so far is just so so. I have ordered an Alterna jar with the tamper lid and their sharp blades. I know the Blendtec has higher peak hp vs Vitamix and i like the digital look of Blendtec more, but reviews seem to show the Vitamix gets more creamy results. I'm hoping it's because of the tamper only. When i get the Alterna this sat i will test. If it's no better, then might have to switch over to Vitamix.
Please can you post or PM me your result. I want to know whether or not to buy Alterna jar or buy the Vitamix.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Jan 17, 2007
107 posts
38 upvotes
penguindude wrote: Just got the vitamix, build quality wise much higher than the blendtec. BUT OMG i am NOT used to the tamper - tried to do a simple smoothie from frozen fruits with lots of liquid, it would not mix without constant tamping! Took forever to do a smoothie as i am not used to tampering, and it was super awkward as im short and with it sitting so high on the counter it was not convenient to lift my arm so high to tamper without seeing whats going on inside. Blendtec on the other hand is as simple as pushing a button... vitamix had a slightly smoother texture.
Call Vitamix Customer Support and tell them your issues. You can also consider the E310 or reconditioned 5300. Both come with shorter containers but no programs. The programs are not a big deal once you learn how to use the blender since most blends take no time at all.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2007
3044 posts
481 upvotes
Toronto
uberfarben wrote: Call Vitamix Customer Support and tell them your issues. You can also consider the E310 or reconditioned 5300. Both come with shorter containers but no programs. The programs are not a big deal once you learn how to use the blender since most blends take no time at all.
I have the blendtec wildside jar and never had an issue with too small of a portion. The only option is to go with a smaller jar 48oz which is lower, but has even less space...
Jan 17, 2007
107 posts
38 upvotes
penguindude wrote: I have the blendtec wildside jar and never had an issue with too small of a portion. The only option is to go with a smaller jar 48oz which is lower, but has even less space...
The 48oz and 32 oz containers are compatible with C series motors. The 64oz low profile containers have bigger blades and require the G series or 5300 motors. Have you called customer service yet? They're very helpful.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2007
3044 posts
481 upvotes
Toronto
uberfarben wrote: The 48oz and 32 oz containers are compatible with C series motors. The 64oz low profile containers have bigger blades and require the G series or 5300 motors. Have you called customer service yet? They're very helpful.
I have. There's nothing they can do as i want the pre-programed buttons and also the 64oz low profile jar. There's just too much discomfort with tampering constantly with the machine sitting so high. The low profile mixes better with less tempering especially with frozen fruits for smoothies which is what i mostly do. May have to return that thing and just stick with the blendtec.
Aug 4, 2014
197 posts
62 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
zdpz wrote: Please can you post or PM me your result. I want to know whether or not to buy Alterna jar or buy the Vitamix.

Sure I will post my comparison results. I also just found out the Alterna jar is compatible with Blendtec and Vitamix.
Dec 25, 2013
389 posts
158 upvotes
Calgary
Well I love my vitamix so far! What recipes do you guys like for smoothies?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
4036 posts
2976 upvotes
Calgary
I have had my vitamix for 6+ yrs now so from experience, it really sounds like u either not using enough liquid or you're stacking it incorrectly. here's the guide on how to stack the jar if one doesnt want use the tamper assist. once u get used to your vitamix, I can almost guarantee great results. the tamper really comes into it's own when one makes ice cream (super creamy I mite add) & nut butters. fantastic results in no time at all.

sirkdub wrote: I know the Blendtec has higher peak hp vs Vitamix and i like the digital look of Blendtec more....
at this level, HP ratings no longer has any meaningful impact in the real world. the vitamix will blend & pulverize anything the blendtec can. before I bought my 750pro, I looked at blendtec as well but for me, one of the important features is the rotary analogue dial - its so much easier & quicker to just twist the knob to the desired speed than punching the digi button but that could be just me.
Mar 14, 2006
998 posts
579 upvotes
Coquitlam
I was considering buying a Vitamix as a gift but it looks like the $90 promotion is off and the price is back up to $429......
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12734 posts
6255 upvotes
SPACEMANRICK wrote: I was considering buying a Vitamix as a gift but it looks like the $90 promotion is off and the price is back up to $429......
Deal is still on, you have to put in the promo code VENNGO11917 as mentioned by OP.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2862 posts
1243 upvotes
Gta
So I have been trying to use both the blendtec and the Vitamix to make smoothies . One day I use the blendtec and the next day I use the same recipe fir the Vitamix. I did not need a tamper for either and I agree with another poster who said it’s all dependent on the order. So far I have found that fir me, the Vitamix makes a smoother smoothie. However I am wondering if this is the case because I often make a small amount and this is where the tall but narrow jar of the Vitamix will blend easier than the wider squarish blendetec wilside jar. I’ve also make homemade Nutella and while the Vitamix made a smoother and better consistency spread...it was kind of annoying to clean. The blendtec twister jar still was not the great to make the Nutella as I found it hard to twist the spread in the jar. And the actual product was thicker consistency than the Vitamix and therefore much harder to use as a spread..but it was relatively easy to clean . Truthfully the machines are pretty neck and neck with each other and I think it comes down to personal preference . I will be trying to make ice cream in the next few days to see how the machines perform with a tamper and without. Right now...I’m leaning ever so slightly toward the Vitamix. It’s the Costco protection that keeps swaying me back to the blendetec!
Koodo member
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
7236 posts
3052 upvotes
GTA
queenofhearts wrote: So I have been trying to use both the blendtec and the Vitamix to make smoothies . One day I use the blendtec and the next day I use the same recipe fir the Vitamix. I did not need a tamper for either and I agree with another poster who said it’s all dependent on the order. So far I have found that fir me, the Vitamix makes a smoother smoothie. However I am wondering if this is the case because I often make a small amount and this is where the tall but narrow jar of the Vitamix will blend easier than the wider squarish blendetec wilside jar. I’ve also make homemade Nutella and while the Vitamix made a smoother and better consistency spread...it was kind of annoying to clean. The blendtec twister jar still was not the great to make the Nutella as I found it hard to twist the spread in the jar. And the actual product was thicker consistency than the Vitamix and therefore much harder to use as a spread..but it was relatively easy to clean . Truthfully the machines are pretty neck and neck with each other and I think it comes down to personal preference . I will be trying to make ice cream in the next few days to see how the machines perform with a tamper and without. Right now...I’m leaning ever so slightly toward the Vitamix. It’s the Costco protection that keeps swaying me back to the blendetec!
Thats basically the definitive difference between the two, one is brute force and the other has the nuances of blending pinned down to a science. At the price point of these blenders the vitamix wins because it does things better and you can expect tiny amounts of perfections from them. I would be interested to see if blendtec makes a tall narrow jar and how that performs compared to the standard blendtec jar.

It is funny i have used both extensively but i dont own neither (yet). For my needs my cheap breville does the job and i have had no issues so far, once it bites the dust ill jump on the vitamix.
Apr 25, 2016
114 posts
145 upvotes
I ordered both and have been comparing daily. For me the Blendtec is the winner. Vitamix is great, but there are three major downfalls for me. I really don't like tamping/having to tamp, I don't like the sharp blades and cleaning the jar and I don't like the height.
The blendtec sit's under my cabinets which is a big one for me. The smaller twister jar is great as well, makes similar results as the vitamix with tamper, but it does take longer, I'd even say almost 2x as long. But it's not like I am making almond butter everyday.
I like the look of both, but leaning towards the Vitamix when it comes to "style".

All in all, they are both great and both deals are great. But I think I will be keeping the Blendtec. Cheaper, longer warranty, costco return, sits under cupboards, extra jar/ no tamping needed. I just wish it was styled a little better.
Either way, I don't think anyone is going wrong, these both blow cheaper blenders out of the water.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)