Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
VIVEPORT

VIVE Day Sale (+ infinity 5 free games promo) VR Games for Vive/Rift/WMR

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 7th, 2019 8:27 pm
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener

VIVE Day Sale (+ infinity 5 free games promo) VR Games for Vive/Rift/WMR

Deal Link:
Expiry:
April 7, 2019
Retailer:
VIVEPORT
So VIVEPORT is running a weeklong sale to celebrate the launching of the infinity service.

https://www.viveport.com/special-offers ... -discounts

Sale prices aside here is where this gets interesting, on April 5th every infinity member will get free 5 VR games, they have 14 days free trial membership so you can sign up now and get the games on the 5th then cancel by the 14 days period.

The last time they had a similar promo it was 5 games for $10 and offerings were pretty solid (every title at never seen before all time low).

It's not clear if the 5 games will be for existing members (signed up before April 5th) or those signing up after the games are announced would be eligible too, so better be safe than sorry.

Games installs via VIVEPORT app but run via SteamVR (so would run with Rift, Vive and WMR headsets), you can cancel subscription any time and you get to keep whatever games you purchased with the membership.

17 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2013
1055 posts
389 upvotes
Metro GTA
Used up my $15 wallet credit and got TiltBrush for $3 ^_^
<3
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
The free 5 games revealed (only available between 5th and 7th):

Front Defense VR ($5.5)

Awake: Ep. 1 ($9)

Knockout League ($34)

Arcade Sage ($22)

Virtual Sports ($22)

Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13239 posts
12068 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks, as much as I hate fragmenting my VR collection, might be worth it for Knockout League.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
I'm surprised I have zero of the 5 free games.
Kind of tempted to sign up for a month. $17 isn't too bad assuming the games aren't awful.
I can't hit a trial since I burned that one when they gave away other games.

Too bad Viveport sucks. I wish they'd give Steam keys. I hate fragmentation.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
4249 posts
1672 upvotes
Belle River
Is there a way to run any of the games on Windows Mixed Reality gear? Like the hack someone made for the Rift stuff.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
hystavito wrote: Is there a way to run any of the games on Windows Mixed Reality gear? Like the hack someone made for the Rift stuff.
WMR in the title and OP is for "Windows Mixed Reality", no special hacks needed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WindowsMR/comm ... r_headset/
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
death_hawk wrote: Kind of tempted to sign up for a month. $17 isn't too bad assuming the games aren't awful.
All the games have "mostly positive" reviews on steam (except Front Defense that has mixed reviews). So the value is there for ~$3.5 a game.
I can't hit a trial since I burned that one when they gave away other games.
Was in the same boat but got 1-month free code for completing the infinity survey last month, so anyone who did the same and forgot about it, check your mailbox.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
2198 posts
2414 upvotes
Angultra wrote: Thanks, as much as I hate fragmenting my VR collection, might be worth it for Knockout League.
It's OK. I much prefer 'Thrill of the Fight' as its more realistic, but free is free.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
aasoror wrote: Was in the same boat but got 1-month free code for completing the infinity survey last month, so anyone who did the same and forgot about it, check your mailbox.
I remember there was also a promo for $60 for a years worth that was part of a survey too I think but I missed that too.

Ah well... I've blown $17 on stupider stuff.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
Can't complain about a bundle of free games, especially after they gave us a free month of Viveport Infinity for completing that tiny survey.

I'm happy now that I took the survey and received a code for 1 month, as I'd not be eligible for a free 14 day trial since I already used one up during their last big sale event when they had a few AAA VR titles for $1.99 each.

I'll gladly take the two which I don't already own (Awake + Knockout League).

Perfect timing for going back and testing system demanding games like Seeking Dawn for free to see if there are any improvements with my recent processor upgrade (i7-3770 to i7-9700k).

Sadly, the actual game sale itself this time is pretty pathetic though, both in selection and especially the pricing for the better titles.

Most have been offered for the same or cheaper on Steam, which is obviously the preferred launcher for most VR users.

PSA
Oculus users : If the game "Torn" is of interest to you, it's actually cheaper ($9.99) on the Oculus Store.
https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift ... 284291446/
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
PSA #2

I've just downloaded the free games, but there's possibly one thing to take note of.

When I was on the page displaying the 5 titles, there are two clickable buttons on each one, which say "Download" and "Free w/Infinity".

At first I clicked on "Download", but noticed that the other button didn't change it's status to "Purchased" until I also clicked on that one as well.

After doing that, the game status did indeed change to "Purchased".

If you don't click on the "Free w/ Infinity" button, you may not officially purchase the game (free) and could possibly lose it after the trial ends.

Better safe than sorry.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
Oh good! They for some reason sent me a 1 month trial again.
No idea why but I'm not going to question it.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
Woah! wrote: If you don't click on the "Free w/ Infinity" button, you may not officially purchase the game (free) and could possibly lose it after the trial ends.
Correct, "Download" is just "Free Access with Infinity", "Free with Infinity" is where the "Purchase" button is usually located.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
aasoror wrote: Correct, "Download" is just "Free Access with Infinity", "Free with Infinity" is where the "Purchase" button is usually located.
Thx for the confirmation.
I thought I was going crazy in seeing things...errrr...well...crazier. Winking Face
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
Bump. Last day to get in on it.

Side note: Man... Viveport is a load of hot garbage.

Steam or get out.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)