• Dec 12th, 2018 1:16 am
Tags:
[OP]
Feb 26, 2018
41 posts
43 upvotes

Vizio P65-F1 (and P55, and P75) Owner's Thread

Hello!

Many of you have recently taken advantage of the sudden availability of Vizio P65-F1 TVs in Canada (finally!) via Costco.ca

If you are a lucky owner, please share your experience so far with the TV (any issues or pleasant surprises). It would be great if you could share your calibration settings as well as photos or videos so we can compare our sets and see how we did in the infamous "panel lottery".

I will be adding my own details soon.

Cheers!
130 replies
[OP]
Feb 26, 2018
41 posts
43 upvotes
Yeah, that one is so huge and overwhelming. I'd like to start a "Canadian" experience one with the most recent batches people have received in Canada.
Deal Fanatic
May 6, 2005
9993 posts
767 upvotes
Vancouver
Should be an owner of P65 tomorrow! Maybe we could update the thread wiki with a step-by-step guide for testing quality of the TV and issues? I worry a bit about not (yet) having any devices to i.e. test the ARC functionality, etc.
Nov 25, 2018
19 posts
2 upvotes
Kaitlyn wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 7:58 pm
Should be an owner of P65 tomorrow! Maybe we could update the thread wiki with a step-by-step guide for testing quality of the TV and issues? I worry a bit about not (yet) having any devices to i.e. test the ARC functionality, etc.
Just got my P55 today! Was thrilled to discover UPS left my "signature required" delivery at the back door of my triplex apartment while I was at work doing a 12h shift. In an area with a ton of apartment buildings all around. And the box was upside down.

Luckily I saw the delivery notification email quickly and ran home in the middle of my shift and got it inside.

However needless to say, would love to see some guides for this, as I am going to be wanting to properly test this thing out, considering such "care" went into handling it up to this point lol.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
2174 posts
814 upvotes
Sudbury
I've had my P75 for a few weeks now...so far pretty decent.

There is some "greyish" areas...but overall...it's been decent.

I find it looks best during gaming on my PS4 Pro.
Aug 8, 2005
39 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered the 65” version of this and intend to use this as my couch pc gaming only and multimedia. My plan is to run 1080p with hdr on pc. This tv can do HDR on 1080p or hdr only works on 4k resolution? Im really new to this HDR thingy.
May 28, 2012
287 posts
144 upvotes
Canada
So who is gonna tell us how to test or what to look for in terms of “banding” or “blooming” or anything else to look for with this “panel lottery”?

It would be good if someone with knowledge could write up a how to and what to look for. I’m sure it would help a lot of people in here.

Thanks!
Jun 7, 2017
491 posts
683 upvotes
New Brunswick
dlhntr wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 10:04 pm
So who is gonna tell us how to test or what to look for in terms of “banding” or “blooming” or anything else to look for with this “panel lottery”?

It would be good if someone with knowledge could write up a how to and what to look for. I’m sure it would help a lot of people in here.

Thanks!
I think you can just look up test videos on YouTube or something to find issues like that.

Though it's a personal choice, some recommended config settings are listed here: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/vizio ... 8/settings
Nov 25, 2018
19 posts
2 upvotes
Well, got everything hooked up, and at first thought everything looked pretty gorgeous.

Haven't run any proper tests, because I'm not sure which I should do, but now I'm noticing darkness in the corners... Seems like the brightness could be more uniform. Most noticeable on images with bright backgrounds... Top right corner seems to be the worst, but it is noticeable on all...

Maybe I lost the panel lottery :(

Would love some guides on proper testing if anyone has some tips. Thanks
Mar 23, 2017
116 posts
28 upvotes
Canada
along2 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2018 1:42 am
Well, got everything hooked up, and at first thought everything looked pretty gorgeous.

Haven't run any proper tests, because I'm not sure which I should do, but now I'm noticing darkness in the corners... Seems like the brightness could be more uniform. Most noticeable on images with bright backgrounds... Top right corner seems to be the worst, but it is noticeable on all...

I am not sure how much dark the corners are but they are very common in these tvs
Jun 7, 2017
491 posts
683 upvotes
New Brunswick
along2 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2018 1:42 am

Local dimming problem, possibly? Try turning it off.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2007
4470 posts
492 upvotes
Is anyone able to watch any of the fog scenes from The Crown Season 1 Episode 4 and let me know if it just looks terrible on their set? I think what I'm seeing is banding, basically the grey's don't blend together very well and appear rather 'blocky.' This happened on my 42" plasma so I think it's just a difficult scene for TVs to handle, but I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.

For those looking for picture settings, here are a couple:
CNET settings: https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions ... hdr-notes/
Rtings settings: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/vizio ... 8/settings
Mar 23, 2017
116 posts
28 upvotes
Canada
game_fanatic wrote:
Dec 6th, 2018 8:55 am
Is anyone able to watch any of the fog scenes from The Crown Season 1 Episode 4 and let me know if it just looks terrible on their set? I think what I'm seeing is banding, basically the grey's don't blend together very well and appear rather 'blocky.' This happened on my 42" plasma so I think it's just a difficult scene for TVs to handle, but I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.

For those looking for picture settings, here are a couple:
CNET settings: https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions ... hdr-notes/
Rtings settings: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/vizio ... 8/settings
I will check tonight and let you know. At work right now.
Nov 20, 2018
9 posts
1 upvote
Anyone got a good sound bar to pair with this tv??

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)